2 year anniversary - 110+ lbs gone

• I'm a little late in posting this as the day I started this all was back on 10/24/2011. I remember it specifically because it's the day I started a biggest loser weight loss contest at work. I came in second in the contest, but all in all, I came out first in the big picture of things. Hard to believe a mini goal is 100 lbs, but I've still got 20 or so to go.

Quick background on what I'm doing... calorie counting. I don't count fats, carbs, or any individual nutrient. I shoot for 1200 - 1500 daily. I lost the first 100 lbs with no exercise, just diet. It came off pretty quickly - in one year.

Since then it's be CRAWLING, but I've at least been maintaining within 10 lbs. I've resumed a lifelong love of mine - fencing. Hopefully adding that bit of exercise will kick me in for the last 20ish pounds.

I'm 44 now, have a full time career, a special needs son, and working on a second masters degree. If I can do it, pretty much anyone can. There is no excuse - EVERYONE can find the time. If you don't, time is going to find you, more sooner than later.

Here's some pics. Before at around 280. Later pics are around 170. I'm a solid size 12 with a L shirt.

And I'm sorry, no matter what I do, I still hate salad.

• That's awesome! Congrats!
  • Wow, that's great. Inspiring photos. Congratulations on your weight loss and I must admit, I hate salad too.
  • Thank you for the inspiration!!! You look great!!!
  • You look fantastic. Congratulations on keeping at it. As someone who is just nearing their 1 year mark and losing motivation, it's very inspirational seeing other people who have kept at it for even longer.
  • Wonderful, you look fantastic! I love the Want Salad profile pic, it makes me laugh! Congratulations on all your hard work and amazing results!

• You look fantastic!
  • Super congrats!!! You look fabulous!
  • Congratulations! Way to go. What an inspiration - keep up the great work!