55 years young & 40 lbs lost (with pics)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm not yet at goal, but I thought I'd share some before and after pics, since I always find other people's pics to be very helpful. I started my weight loss journey on March 11, 2013, when I weighed 190. I now weigh 147...so I've lost a little more than 40 lbs. My goal weight per my ticker is 125, although I will re-evaluate that once I lose another 10 lbs or so. I may or may not decide to stop somewhere in the 130's...time will tell.

A few months ago, my computer was damaged and I lost most of the contents of my hard drive, including a lot of pictures. So, some of my before pictures are a few years old, but they're all I have left. The first two "before" pics below were taken about 5 years ago. I weighed about 185 and was 50 years old at the time. The three "after" shots were taken last week. I weighed 149 at the time and I'm currently 55 years old.

One of my biggest surprises is how my face has changed, which (I think) makes me look a bit younger. The middle "after" picture below was taken a few days ago. The two "before" pictures on either side were taken in late 2012, when I was 53. You might not agree that I look younger, but you MUST agree that my cat, Abby, is adorable ...even though she does NOT like her Christmas hat!

I hope you find these pictures helpful and I wish each of you the best of luck in your weight loss journeys!
  • Tuscany, you are beautiful and such an inspiration! Stunning, just stunning!
  • You look great!!! Congrats!!!!!!
  • Your cat Abby is indeed ADORABLE! As are you, you look FANTASTIC!

Congratulations!
  • Fantastic!! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on all of your hard work and amazing accomplishments!
    p.s. Abby is beautiful!
  • You look fantastic. Thank you for sharing. Photos are a great inspiration /motivation. Your kitty is indeed adorable!
  • You look awesome! I love the pictures and they are so helpful to see other people's transformations! Keep up the good work!!!
  • You look so healthy and happy and - yes - younger. Congratulations!

By the way, you look SO MUCH like someone in the HR department at work and she's from Canada. You don't have a sister who lives in Ohio, do you?
  • Tuscany... You look awesome! and yes your face does look younger in the after pictures and I love cats too (I think I saw your posts in the Christmas Challenge ) Your weight looks good on you! PS I am 55 too!

• You look fantastic!
  • The cat is gorgeous (but does look a bit disgruntled ). You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations
  • Thanks to everybody for your very kind comments!

Quote: By the way, you look SO MUCH like someone in the HR department at work and she's from Canada. You don't have a sister who lives in Ohio, do you?
    No sister in Ohio, and I don't work in HR. Perhaps I have a double!
  • Tuscany - It's so nice to finally meet you! You look great, by the way! You really do look younger now than you did a few years ago. Congratulations on your progress!!
  • Awww...thanks, PrettyMom! I hope you figure out what's causing you to stall soon. And, don't be a stranger...come visit with us in the challenge thread, even if you don't actively participate in the challenge.
  • Congratulations Tuscany! You look just wonderful and definitely younger.

Abby is beyond adorable!