Mini-Goal Photo Album Share your photos along the way and show us how far you've come!

Old 07-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADL View Post
I have a question, when you began your weight loss did you have mini goals or did you just take on everything at once? Also I don't know if you are an emotional eater but if you are, what did you use as a substitute for food when dealing with emotions? And finally, could you post some of your favorite recipes? I think what you did is amazing - you have such internal strength. I can't find the willpower to lose even a few pounds.
Oh my goodness - I had/have SO many goals. You can see them in my blog right here Meeting goals several times a week is really helpful. To be perfectly honest though, this whole process has been, and continues to be, mind over matter. I said to myself "I WILL lose weight" and so... I did it. A friend said a silly saying to me at the start of my journey "there is nothing to it but to do it" and I SWEAR that statement has gotten me through some really tough moments.

The other big thing for me is that I made a deal with myself that I would stay on track for one year. I had a little talk with myself that basically said "you spent 36 years eating like you had 2 buttholes, lets spend the next ONE year being a little more sensible" so, that's what I did. When the 1 year mark came and went, I was doing so well that I just kept going. When I had a hard time during the year I would say to myself, "you can't have that cookie now, but in 8 months, it will be OK to have one".

As far as emotional eating, I would say yes I am, but I think I am making healthier choices now (actually - when I am super stressed out now, I go for a run but that was NOT the case for the first year. I would drink bottles and bottles of liquid instead of eating). I also eat when I am bored, so I try to keep as busy as possible. I am a calorie counter so I always made sure what I was eating fell into my allowed area. I hate plain water though so I drink hot tea, kool aid sweetened with Stevia, and diet soda like a fish.

There are a handful of recipes on my blog, but if you want more, let me know. My eating habits have changed quite a bit over the last 17 months. I just dropped my calories down to 1200 a day recently, so my meals now look miniscule and are probably boring; the earlier recipes (like the ones on my blog) are a lot more fun Actually, my newest favorite recipe is my 200 calorie lunch. I was calling it tuna salad, but then I realized it is more like veggie salad with tuna:

Toss together:
1 can of tuna, water discarded
1 zucchini (raw) that has been peeled into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
1 green onion, sliced
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
juice of 1 lemon
1-2 tsp each of: paprika, dill, thyme, salt (or garlic salt), pepper, chili flakes, mustard seeds. Adjust seasonings to your personal taste.

The great thing with this recipe is you can use any combination of vegetables, and any spices you like. I have tried bell pepper, red onion, basil... cucumber, tomato, jicama... carrot, celery, bell peppers ... eggplant (pan seared and cubed), basil, red bell pepper, fat free feta... the possibilities are limited only by your creativity and willingness to try tuna with "different" pairings.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #62  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

The face shots are such a good idea. Your first picture you are taking up most of the screen, by your last shot there is so much empty space in the picture. Amazing, good job!
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 183/183/153

Height: 5 foot 1

I really like your clay stuff! very pretty!

KJ
KeenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #64  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Amazing, amazing! You have worked long and hard for that and I bet it feels fantastic. Can't wait to be where you are!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow- I totally just read your entire blog! What a great story! Also- can I just say that you really, really, really do NOT look 37! I would have guessed even in the before pics that you were in your mid-20's! Truly incredible.
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 292/268/140

Height: 5'7

I absolutely loved reading your post and the pictures are just amazing!!
I am so glad that all the health problems you had have cleared. You look so happy and that is priceless! (the 166 faceshot is my favorite)
I am going to bookmark this page and read it everyday!
iamworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #67  
running myself skinny

S/C/G: 191/ticker/140

Height: 5'4 1/2

Really great work! I admire you so much! Congrats on all of the success.
taramade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 260/185/130

Height: 5'6

oh my gosh, what an AMAZING difference!!!
RinaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:55 AM   #69  
Ninja loss

Height: 5'3 (161cms)

What an awesome story! Have you had to deal with loose skin? Your tummy looks so flat!
Catcuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcuffling View Post
What an awesome story! Have you had to deal with loose skin? Your tummy looks so flat!
Wow. My clothes must be some kind of miraculous garments of deception to earn that comment.

My loose skin is really bad. But I wouldn't trade it for the fat I have a flap that hangs over on my belly (still has fat in it - I am still on my journey) that hangs over a good 3 inches. I have that weird wrinkly/foldy skin on my arms and upper thighs super bad, my once grandiose boobs now resemble runny eggs hanging off a fork, and my butt is starting to have saggy skin.

From everything I have read, as long as I keep up lowering my fat %, and keep toning up/gaining muscle with my exercise, I should see improvements over the next few years. And if I don't... hey, at least I will live longer, drooping skin and all
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 259/227/175

Height: 5"10

Wow, amazing! You look wonderful, and if you dont mind me saying- much younger. Congratulations!
chazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1

WhAT A DiffERENCE!! CONGRADULATioNS GiRL!! kEEP ON GOiNG AND DONT FORGET TO UPDATE US!! YOU LOOK SO WONDERFUL!!!!!
creolebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 311/295/180

Height: 66"

Great job with keeping yourself motivated and knowing your goals. Bless you sweetheart!
RASSMONKMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #74  
Just starting out

S/C/G: 204.5/195/150

Height: 5'5

WOW! PS: love the face-collage idea
naffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 259/248.2/160

Height: 5'6

I love seeing pictures expecially the ones where you can see the weight just fading away I love these and you look amazing very good job and this is what keeps me motivated! Thank you for sharing
dawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote