Half the Woman I Used to Be. Literally.

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Wow what a transformation!! You look great! I can't wait to see updated pics!
  • Amazing. Such determination is an inspiration to me.
  • OMG!!! Good job girl!!
  • Thank you so much for sharing your story!
    I'm just a few weeks into the weight loss journey and you are inspiring!
    Love the "face collage" with weights in the corner - great idea. I do a 12 of 12 scrapbooking challenge (12 pics on the 12th day of every month) and I'll be sure to get a shot of my face/body every month to be able to track like you did.
  • Wow! Amazing! You look wonderful!
  • Truly inspirational. Well done you!
  • You are very inspirational to me. =) We have similar starting body weights and same height. When I look at your 288 photo it is almost like looking in a mirror. So you inspire me to keep at it because I know that someday I will be able to get to a smaller size like you did. You are amazing! You look amazing!
  • update :)
    Small update from me

My thyroid totally failed over the last 3 months. It has been on a downward spiral for the last two years, and I have been hypothyroid and taking meds of various dosage through the entire weight-loss process. Being hypothyroid should have stopped me from being able to lose weight at all and my doc told me it was a testament to my willpower that I was able to lose with a failing metabolism. That made me feel good.

The total failure of the stupid thing, though, stalled out further weight loss since my last update.

I started heavy weight-lifting about 2 months ago. I have actually gained 11 pounds of muscle, but I've lost inches and my body shape is changing quite a bit - tummy is getting smaller, sides are coming in and giving me va-va-voom hips, muscle definition all over including on my back (which is AWESOME). It is hard seeing the higher number on the scale, and I have to remind myself that this is good weight I am gaining.

Here is an updated pic of me at 144 pounds, before starting weight-lifting:

In another month or so, I will take another pic and see if I, or anyone else, can see the muscle difference.

In other news, I have a consult to see a plastic surgeon about getting rid of some of this skin. I run now, but it HURTS when you have 5-10 pounds of loose flesh bouncing around with every step I guess you gotta take the bad with the good, eh?

And finally, thanks to all who have taken the time to comment in this thread. You are all too kind
  • Wow!
  • Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You look FABULOUS! And I love the octopus necklace!!
  • What an incredible transformation, so inspiring!

Congratulations!
  • Pacific Bee, I am new here and I am truly inspired by you. I really appreciate that you explained how you are being successful. Thanks for the motivation and GOOD FOR YOU!
  • You dont even resemble YOURSELF! Absolutely love this post...OBTW..your little dog in the last photo seems very impressed, but would much rather you throw one of is toys
  • You look awesome!!! Congrats!!
  • Wow! What an awesome transformation!