updated pics...so close to goal

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well I just thought I would share these few pics w/everyone because of the confidence boost I got last night. Went to the Nuggets/Spurs game up in Denver (Go Nuggets!) and I was given compliments by two perfect strangers. I'm not sure if any of you are like me, but when I receive a compliment from someone I know I kind of take it with a grain of salt, like they're supposed to say something nice. But last night was different and it made me feel absolutely amazing.

I was taking a tour of the ESPN NBA tour bus and the girl that was working inside for ESPN told me that I was in great shape and that she would kill for my arms (my arms have always been one of my worst features and a part of my body I would always try to hide). I couldn't believe it, I thought she was talking to someone else. Then a few minutes later I was having my photo snapped with the Nuggets dancers and one of the girls had asked me if I ever thought about trying out for their dance squad I was so overwhelmed! Once I explained to her that I was a little old (about to turn 32 next month) to be a dancer she again went on to compliment my figure.

I walked out of there with the biggest smile on my face. My husband turned to me and said "Now do you believe me???" I guess it takes hearing it from a complete stranger to realize that I'm actually starting to look good. I still have issues with the way I see myself in the mirror and how I compare myself to others. I'm about 4 lbs away from my final final goal of 129 and I'm getting there....slowly but surely I'm getting there.

A vanity self-pic @ the gym

Leaving for the game 03-23-11

With DH on the ESPN NBA tour bus

With the Denver Nuggets dancers
  • You look FANTASTIC - I hope you're SO PROUD of what you've accomplished! Great smile, too Very motivating!
  • You look amazing. I know it takes our brains a while to catch up with our bodies sometimes, but it's so weird how something so obvious to someone else takes so long to sink in with ourselves!

Rock on, girl!
  • You look amazing!
  • Amazing!! What an accomplishment!
  • hey, you look great,
  • You look FANTASTIC!! And your arms are awesome! Would of loved to see a before pic!
  • hopeful - you are smokin! WTG!!
  • Amazing!! Yes, your arms are fantastic! Those were one of my least favorite body parts always too. It's nice to rock a tank top now, isn't it?

I'm so happy for you! You've done so well!
  • Quote: You look FANTASTIC!! And your arms are awesome! Would of loved to see a before pic!
    I have my before pics linked in my signature in my Mini-Goal photo thread.
  • Woah! Seriously amazing. I remember seeing that mini goal thread when I first came to the site and thought how amazing you looked in the bikini after losing 50+ lbs! Totally inspirational, and now you've gone even further than your initial goal, TOTALLY inspired! THANK YOU!
  • You look amazing!!!! Such an inspiration!!
  • Quote: Woah! Seriously amazing. I remember seeing that mini goal thread when I first came to the site and thought how amazing you looked in the bikini after losing 50+ lbs! Totally inspirational, and now you've gone even further than your initial goal, TOTALLY inspired! THANK YOU!
    yes I remember your bikini pic last June, I thought you looked perfect then Now you are SO strong and lean-looking!! congrats on all your hard work and enjoy the benefits
  • Girl, you look awesome!! WTG!
  • Quote: You look amazing!!!! Such an inspiration!!
    BTW, You've Got Mail is my favorite movie ever....love the quote!!!!