A bikini after quite a few years

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Today I have officially lost 50lbs. I still have about 16lbs to go until I reach my goal weight, and I may end up going a little lower than 140, but I felt like a 50lb loss was a good time to post some pics. People keep telling me how much weight I've lost, but I never really took notice. I haven't looked any pictures that were taken before my journey started until today, and I have to say when I looked back my jaw hit the floor. I can't believe that I actually didn't think that I looked too bad back then. It's absolutely amazing to go back and look at what a few short months of caring about my body can actually do. I can't wait until I can finally post my goal pics.

The first two pics are from last fall around October timeframe about a month before I started losing weight. The next 3 pics are from the past two weeks at the zoo and at the water park for DH's b-day.

I really owe the 3FC community a bundle of hugs and thanks for helping me and supporting me through these last few months. I really and truly believe that this messageboard community has been the real difference. Staying accountable to all of you really keeps me motivated to keep going every day.

November stats:

SW- 207.0
    pants- 16 short
    tops- XXL

Today's stats:

CW- 158.8
    pants- 8 short
    tops- M/L

Before

After

• Amazing!
  • WOW! Is all I can say...
  • OMG...you look amazing!!!
  • Oh wooooooow!! You look absolutely beautiful! What a change! That is sooo wonderful! You have done a great job!! Your swimsuit is soooo cute and you look amazing in it!! Keep up the good work! You should be sooooo proud of yourself!
  • You look fab! Congrats
  • Thank you all so much for all of the nice words. I really thought I was going to feel out of place in that bathing suit, but it turns out that I felt great while I was walking around.
  • You look AMAZING!!
  • Holy smokes,you're smokin! that suit looks GREAT on you, or I should say YOU look great in that suit!!You already look like you should be at your goal, I see just smooth curves. Love your bicep tat too. CONGRATS!!!
  • The bikini looks GREAT, especially your tummy/waist area. So flat and firm looking! Great job!
  • Wow- you look great. Congrats.
  • Way to go!!YOU LOOK FANTABULOUS! I am so scared of a bikini ~maybe I should give it ago After seeing you in yours~I always feel like the big me still when thsoe types of things come up~Does that happen to anyone else?
    I wear 3/4's now but sometimes feel like i am that 259.9 pound chick still.Weird hugh?

AGAIN~ WAY TO GO!I AM SO PROUD OF U! U LOOK AWESOME!
  • Awesome job! You look fantastic!
  • Quote: Way to go!!YOU LOOK FANTABULOUS! I am so scared of a bikini ~maybe I should give it ago After seeing you in yours~I always feel like the big me still when thsoe types of things come up~Does that happen to anyone else?
    I wear 3/4's now but sometimes feel like i am that 259.9 pound chick still.Weird hugh?

AGAIN~ WAY TO GO!I AM SO PROUD OF U! U LOOK AWESOME!

Lori-I totally understand where you're coming from when you say that you still feel like the "big you". I feel that way every single day. Even though I feel like I'm down to a normal size my BMI still says otherwise, I always feel like the "big girl" in the room. However, that bathing suit was almost like my coming out party. I thought I would have been searching for days for the perfect suit to cover up all of my not-so-perfect trouble zones. It was the first suit I tried on and I felt really great wearing it, so I say go try on that bikini and let us know how you feel!
  • WOOHOO!!!!! you look FAB!!!