3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goal Photo Album (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album-202/)
-   -   100 pounds lost!!!! (photos) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/195004-100-pounds-lost-photos.html)

jessicado22 02-22-2010 08:17 PM

100 pounds lost!!!! (photos)

Well, it took a little longer than expected as I fell off the wagon around the holidays, but I hauled my big ole butt back on it and I finally reached 210 today. I am in shock! I know I still have a ways to go, but I feel like I can finally REALLY tell a true difference from when I started. I started at a size 24 and 3X tops and now I am down to a size 16 and plain ole XL tops....that's right--no more shopping in the plus section for shirts! Now if only my a** would catch up on this whole weight loss thing, I might be out of the plus section for good! ;)

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/13...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb42.webshots.com/43...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/19...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/31...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb62.webshots.com/45...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/17...600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/44...425x425Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb41.webshots.com/33...425x425Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/44...425x425Q85.jpg

LuckyJules 02-22-2010 08:21 PM

Awesome awesome awesome!! Look at the hard work you've accomplished! Congrats to you! (ps. -- I LOVE your shoes in your photos -- too cute!)

matt_H 02-22-2010 08:31 PM

AWESOME! So happy for you :)

Matilda08 02-22-2010 08:35 PM

You Look GREAT!!!!!!! You have a very nice figure!

cathydoe 02-22-2010 08:36 PM

Good 4 you! How AWESOME!

CLCSC145 02-22-2010 08:38 PM

Congrats! That's wonderful! :yay:

TJFitnessDiva 02-22-2010 08:38 PM

Congratulations! :carrot:

jkinboston89 02-22-2010 08:42 PM

Wow! The difference is amazing! I can't believe the difference in your waist and overall just between 219 and 210!!!

You look beautiful!

beerab 02-22-2010 08:48 PM

You look awesome! Congratulations girl!

rainyinflorida 02-22-2010 08:53 PM

WOW!!! You look beautiful!!! Congratulations!! What plan did you follow?

HadEnough 02-22-2010 09:05 PM

Jessica,

You are my new inspiration! I read your original posts, and I must say, you should be incredibly proud of yourself to have persevered through your tough times.....you kept going girl, and it paid off! Now, if I can only be as strong and determined as you. Way to go, you look outstanding!!

partypantalones 02-22-2010 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ahh! i was just looking at an earlier post of your's this afternoon and thinking how beautiful you are and how much you look like christina freaking applegate! of people magazine's most beautiful!

girl you look incredible. and you've already been through so much to get this far. congratulations! you look amazing! :D

Thighs Be Gone 02-22-2010 09:11 PM

I just wanted to say congratulations on all of your success. I am interested in reading your posts and discover your chosen methods which obviously are working beautifully. Wow.

p.s. You are looking so GoYgEoUs!

Cleo 02-22-2010 09:21 PM

Congrats--you're an inspiration! :)

mulder1921 02-22-2010 09:24 PM

Very nice work!

EZMONEY 02-22-2010 09:30 PM

Super!

Brit 02-22-2010 09:30 PM

your figure is hott!

enghousea 02-22-2010 09:53 PM

congratulations...you look mahvulous....:carrot:

Ms. Sassy 02-22-2010 09:54 PM

Woooo! Look at you all hour-glassy! Color me jealous! Keep up the good work... you look awesome!

mescelestus 02-22-2010 10:02 PM

You are so pretty! (both before and after). And It is so funny that I looked at the pictures before I read what you wrote...and I was thinking to myself "what a nice posterior" and there you go complaining about it lol! I have a similar "problem" myself!

choirgirlhotel 02-22-2010 11:01 PM

You look amazing. And I LOVE your shoes and outfits - very cute! Congrats, you should be very proud of yourself!!

~CGH~

gardenerjoy 02-22-2010 11:08 PM

Yay! You are doing great and you look great! Love the photos.

AR4life 02-22-2010 11:26 PM

What an amazing change!! Wow, you must be so pleased :carrot:

Natoshial 02-22-2010 11:49 PM

All I can say is WOW!!! You look beautiful. We started out close to the same and wearing the same sizes so I am so motivated right now. Keep up the good work you will be to goal in no time with all your progress.

Megan33 02-23-2010 12:04 PM

Woohoo! What a superbabe! Awesome for you! How on earth did you lose 100 pounds in 8 months??!!

jigglefree 02-23-2010 01:06 PM

Now I know!!

Now I know it can be done. I was hoping it wouldn't take a year or more to get where I'm trying to go. You have done it so I know it can be done. I am motivated.

Thanks for posting and you look FABULOUS!!

sweetchic82 02-23-2010 10:15 PM

Omgosh, such an inspiration you look gorgeous, we have about the same figure heheh, its so lovely to see you shrinking, i should do the back shots like you :D, if you don't mind sharing yr diet and exercise, i am so bookmarking yr page :D

SnowWolf 02-23-2010 10:32 PM

:congrat:You look fantastic!!! such an inspiration! :hug:

Mickeypnd 02-24-2010 02:40 PM

OMG! You are so beautiful and what a wonderful inspiration you are! CONGRATS!!

kuhrisuh 02-24-2010 03:24 PM

congratulations!!! the difference is definitely there and you look fantastic!! 100 lbs is such a huge milestone.. you really are an inspiration for me!

Love all your shoes, too :)

PammyFl 02-24-2010 07:49 PM

Wow you look amazing congrats on your accomplishment

mariamherrera 02-24-2010 11:19 PM

I love your pics! me and you have the exact same body shapes! I got a big ol booty too! lol... I can't wait until I get down into the 200! When I was 19-20 I was a size 14 and around 210-215 lbs and to be honest I LOVED the way I looked! I can't wait to get back there again! congrats on all your hard work! you look sensational!

Just 02-24-2010 11:31 PM

Awesome loss and looking good, i hope i can achieve as much!

sarcruze 02-25-2010 01:11 AM

U look sooo Good! U r such an inspiration to all us big girls who r trying to lose weight. I started out weighing 293 lbs and I too am doing the calorie counting and the South Beach diet. And it works! Keep up the hard work! Btw....theres nothing wrong with being hourglass shaped, lol, some people would kill to have that figure.lol

girltoni28 02-25-2010 06:29 PM

OMG!! You are doing such a wonderful job. You look sooo great!! Congrats on your loss. Please post more pics as the weight keeps coming off.

MamaP 02-25-2010 06:31 PM

Totally awesome! Congratulations!

luckymommy 02-25-2010 06:47 PM

WOW! You really DO look like Christina Applegate! Way to go! What an accomplishment!!!!

jessicado22 02-25-2010 09:55 PM

Wow....thanks so much everyone! I am blown away by the amount of support on here and all the amazing comments!
You have no idea how much it means to have people saying that I am an inspiration. I felt so alone at times trying to stick with this, and I still feel like I have such a long way to go. So anyways, it is really nice to feel connected to other people on here and know that I might be able to help someone else!
Oh and thanks for all the nice comments about my posterior, lol. I guess "hourglass" figure might be a more positive way to look at it, but all I see when I look in the mirror is that I have a huge a**! I can see a difference in the rear facing pictures though, so it must be shrinking, even if I don't think it is!

Okay, as for all the questions about how I did this...I pretty much followed my own plan! (I am a vegetarian, but I don't think it will make any difference for someone who isn't.) I started out breastfeeding, and wasn't losing any weight even when I lowered my caloric intake as low as 1500, so I lowered it again to 1200-1500 a day and finally started seeing results. I quit breastfeeding back in December, but have still stuck with the 1200-1500 a day plan. The problem with eating so little calories is that you will find yourself losing your appetite after awhile (I mean, you can't eat anything "good" anyways, so what's the point?!!?!? lmao) and then it is so easy not to get your full calories each day. Whenever I noticed a slump in my weight loss (which wasn't due to cheating), I would realize I hadn't been eating enough and my calories were too low. I would recommend lots of veggies, whole grains, beans, fruit, yogurt and don't avoid all fats. Some fat is actually good for you! I eat avocados all the time for instance or nuts occasionally, but I try to use FF cheese most of the time. I think cheese is probably just fine, but I know that if I allow myself to have one slice of real cheese, it won't stop there. FF cheese doesn't have the same appeal, so I use that instead! I used WW low carb tortillas to make veggie sandwiches instead of bread, and gave up ranch for Bernstein's light cheese dressing (still has flavor, but really low calories!). I do try to avoid artificial sweeteners as much as possible, and use stevia or agave to sweeten things. One of my favorite breakfasts would be sliced fruit with plain yogurt sweetened by agave. Being a vegetarian, you think I would eat lots of tofu, but I actually noticed eating soy would stall weight loss, so I cut out any soy products as much as possible. I kept a food journal in the beginning, and whenever I noticed a change, I would try to see what the problem was. I also tried to keep my sodium intake low and that seemed to help as well.
I honestly allowed myself a cheat every few weeks, and for some months even every weekend (and for December, the whole month, but we don't need to talk about that, lol). I think it helped to keep me from binging, and also helped with the calorie fluctuation to keep my body guessing. I would eat POP all week, and then on Saturday I'd go out for pizza. The next day the scale would be up from the water weight, but within a few days it would drop back down again and soon I'd be lower than before. Not sure if this really worked or not, but it gave me something to look forward too and the weight did keep coming off! In the beginning I lost about 20 pounds per month (5 pounds a week). Then that dropped to about 15 pounds per month, and right now I am averaging about 10 pounds a month. It's so funny, because the weight seems like it is coming off so slow, and I still feel bad for falling off the wagon a few months ago and gaining 15 pounds back, but someone made a comment asking how I lose 100 pounds in 8 months, and then I counted and realized I really had lost 8 pounds in 8 months....holy crap! I guess it can seem so slow in your head, but every pound counts!

Exercise wise, I started out doing Wii Fit. Really basic stuff. When I got to about 285 I progressed to exercise videos (Biggest Loser were my faves) and then I decided to try running. I HATED running. But I was determined. I started out running in place using the Wii Fit. Then I tried doing the C25K and could barely keep up, but I stuck with it. I was so exhausted sometimes I couldn't finish the last run in the 2nd week, but I just kept with it. That was when the weight really started coming off, so I stuck with it. I joined the local YMCA and started running on the treadmill almost everyday (just at my own pace, not using the C25K anymore). I slowly progressed from running 5 minutes at 4.5, to running 10 minutes, then 15, then 20, 25 and finally a half an hour. Then I started adding speed. Currently I'm up to being able to run 30 minutes at 5.5 without completely dying. I still hate running, but it is making the biggest difference in my weight loss, so I am sticking with it! I also do elliptical machines, the rowing machine, and strength training. Someone made a comment how you can really notice a difference in my waist between 219 and 210. That time frame was only 1 1/2 weeks apart, but I had just started doing sit ups...so maybe that is why! (Or it could just be that last set of pants are really flattering!)

I can't think of really anything else to add to how I did it, unless anyone else has some specific questions! I think the biggest thing is to be prepared and keep good food in the house, and maybe some health bars in the car to ward off the tempting stuff when you're hungry. If you do need fast food, go to Subway instead of Burger King (and have them scoop out the inside of the bread--learned that on Biggest Loser, lol). Another big thing is that if you do give in to temptation, don't make yourself feel so guilty you just give up all together. Just accept it and move on. Oh, and drink LOTS of water!

Oh and thanks too for all the comments on the outfits and shoes. I admit I looooove shoes. I used to wear flip flops all the time when I was at my max weight, so I think now that I can actually wear high heels I am taking it too the extreme! I still can't wear skinny stillettos though, so I must need to lose more weight in order to wear those (or become more graceful....which will probably never happen, so I am screwed even if I do become a beanpole).

And I had never even thought myself to look like Christina Applegate, so wow. I think she is beautiful, so thanks!

EDIT: I should also add that I think it is important to realize why you are overweight. I think for so many of us it is more than just food. It is an underlying issue. I know for me it had alot to do with feel uncomfortable with dealing from advances by guys. The extra weight made that not happen, and it also made me feel safe somehow. I'm just getting to a point in my life where I am starting to get back out into the dating world and am getting hit on, but I am aware of how uncomfortable I am by it. I'm not sure what this all stems from, and I'll probably have to figure that out, but I think being aware of it is a big part of your progress and not relapsing. When I started relapsing last December I think a big part of it was that I had a few advances by men as much as it was the awesome holiday fudge. I was uncomfortable and turned back to self sabotaging myself. I am trying to address that head on now, and am even making a point to flirt with guys when I go out....just practicing even though I have no intent of anything coming from it if that makes sense. This of course does not mean that there are not guys out there who like us when we are big, so please do not take that the wrong way. I was with a man when I was 310 pounds and he loved me. However, it is just a fact that you are more likely to get hit on more by skeezy guys trying to get laid who don't know you at the bar if you lean more towards the thinner side if that makes sense!

KellyGrrl 02-25-2010 10:04 PM

WOW!!!!!!

Amazing results so far. Congratulations on your success!

Gives me inspiration :)

kaylasmom010 02-25-2010 10:10 PM

Amazing!!! You are beautiful. Keep up the good work.