3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album-202/)
-   -   Can't believe I'm about to do this... (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/151455-cant-believe-im-about-do.html)

Cats tongue 09-13-2008 05:46 PM

Can't believe I'm about to do this...

Hello all my fellow 3 Fat Chickies,

I've been a member of this forum for over a year and a half now. Holy! Can you believe it? I know I can't. I owe some much to so many members on this site, I don't think I thank you all enough. I'm not at my goal yet, and it's been a ridiculously slow journey... but it's been worth it and it's only going up from here (except the numbers, they are going down...)

A little about me:

I'm an almost-21-year-old university student and I decided to get seriously healthy in January of 2007. What started as just another "new years resolution" turned my world around. I finally admitted to myself that I'd been fighting with an eating disorder (mostly binging with some purging) that led me to gain 27 lbs in a few years. This wasn't just about weight any more; it was about my state of mind, I was not a happy person...

Admitting my problem eating to myself and my closest family members started me down the right track. I began slowly changing my eating habits and exercising in a well balanced way (I'd always exercised, my weight gain came mostly from my eating). And I began to heal my insecurities. And for the whole journey 3FC was there, even when i didn't come on the boards, I knew I could come back at any time.

I couldn't diet, because that always threw me back into the binging/starving cycle that destroyed me mentally.

Last January I decided to really challenge myself and apply for a job as a tree planter, I got the job and even though I was scared $hitless I went and did a job that was physical from dawn until dusk. It was great. I can't believe how much I've changed in the past year and a bit. I still want to tone up a bit and lose about 5 lbs, but I'm pretty happy where I am right now...

Some stats:
before:
weight: 159lbs
Measurements: bust: 39.5, underbust: 34.5, waist: 33.5, hips: 40

Now:
weight: 139.4
Measurements: bust: 36, underbust: 30.5, waist 28.5, hips: 36
Gone: 20lbs, 16inches

Pics:

Iconised Ghost 09-13-2008 06:35 PM

wow your change is awesome! Congrats on your hard work, it has really paid off :carrot:

CountingDown 09-13-2008 06:38 PM

Congrats! It IS hard to post pics (I struggled with it too), but I'm glad you did. They definitely show how much you have accomplished! And - you are very close to your goal!
You look awesome!

samick0926 09-13-2008 10:24 PM

wow! great job!!!! :)

Ookpik 09-14-2008 12:22 AM

Wow! Congrats!

vixjean 09-14-2008 12:35 AM

Wow your arms and waist look so much better, and back fat is gone too. I bet it feels great. Thanks for the pictures, very inspiring!

Cats tongue 09-14-2008 02:14 PM

Thanks everyone. :)

Thanks CountingDown, I really wasn't sure if I wanted to share the pics, but I know how much other people's inspire me...

Vixjean - thank you! I was pretty amazed at the difference in my arms, and especially the waist view from the back.

suitejudyblueeyes 09-14-2008 06:01 PM

Looking great, there is a huge difference! Congrats on your success!

PhotoChick 09-14-2008 06:11 PM

You look GREAT. :)

jendiet 07-23-2009 08:56 PM

nice job toning up. you look great.

kellygram 07-25-2009 04:16 PM

Good for you, and thanks for sharing your story. You're doing great!

phoenix 08-24-2009 04:16 PM

Congrats on changing not just your body, but your mental wellbeing :)