Mini-Goal Photo Album Share your photos along the way and show us how far you've come!

Old 01-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Default Opinions please?

Firstly - SO SORRY that the pic is so big! Can't figure out rescaling just right now.

Argh I need opinions... maybe it's going to come across as vanity plea but it's not I promise. Jan 07 I was 260.7lbs, yesterday morning (when pic taken) was 164lbs. I'm being badgered by a friend to put my pic on facebook (and I want to put it on as currently I 'hide' on my 'page' as it were) but oh god I just can't get an accurate reflection of how I look? Do I look fat? Does my chest look too big (heh I'm going to go with a yes to that one bloody nature)... It's just that when I see other pics I think oh wow look at her/his figure etc... but I still just see me (fat me). My friend at work just ends up rolling her eyes -it's not me fishing for compliments but I sat there tugging at my clothes earlier because they were fitted (the way they're meant to!) and to me I felt like the buttons were just all gonna pop right open!

I'm a uk size 14 but don't have a clue if I even look it below? Opinions (no matter how brutal) really would be appreciated. I would post a before pic but don't plan on doing that until I get to goal. I'm only posting this now in desperation before I go mad with analyzing myself!

[IMG][/IMG]
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Thumbs up I say go for it!

I say go for it and post that puppy - you look great! But, I know how it feels to still see the "fat" you. Like my screen name says I've been so many different sizes I lost track but last time I got to where my size 12s were getting a little loose, I still looked in the mirror and saw a blob. Try having someone sneak up and take a picture of you from an off angle (and not tell you they've taken it) then see if you recognize yourself in the picture. I think you'll be surprised
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

You look great!
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #4  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas View Post
Try having someone sneak up and take a picture of you from an off angle (and not tell you they've taken it) then see if you recognize yourself in the picture. I think you'll be surprised
I agree with this!!

Of course you're going to look tinier when you reach your goal -- it's inevitable! -- but I really see no reason to hide yourself until then. You look lovely. You look like you're of a healthy weight. If I saw this picture on facebook, I wouldn't be thinking "wow that girl needs to lose weight", I'd be thinking "wow, that shirt looks lovely on her -- and look at that colour!"
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Honey, you look good! I love the colour of that shirt. I would definately post that pic on facebook.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #6  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

I think you look wonderful! I'd love to see your face too. hehehe
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #7  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

you look great!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #8  
ur gettin' schooled, son.

S/C/G: 164/157/143

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't hide either. Just make sure you don't post the pic on facebook with your face all blackened out like in the photo, lol! Unless you are going for that - I know facebook is a daunting place because everyone that posts their picture there is usually really thin (I mean, come on, the site is high schoolers and college-aged kids). They may be wearing skimpy clothing and drinking their booze with skinny guys hanging off them, but those girls are really nothing to live up to. Just post this picture and be proud to be yourself!
Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #9  

If you just don't want to have your picture online don't do it, don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you're not into. If it's just about how look you should go ahead and do it, no worries there. Woman, you dropped 100 freaking pounds are you kidding me? You look great!!
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:39 AM   #10  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

denial, you look totally fine! And a big congratulations on that weight loss! You're just not used to the change, it sounds and the "pulling at your clothes" and feeling like the buttons are going to pop are all just about getting used to the more flattering and revealing clothes you're now wearing. Get used to the feeling. The tightness may feel the same and remind you of your previous weight, but remember, now the tighter clothes are showing off a whole new you! Come out of hiding and enjoy just being you, which is really something you always could have done, but now it just may be a tad easier. Post those pics and have fun!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #11  

You look like an "average" size woman and you look good. I guess for the average woman, you may be a bit top heavy, but that's your body and it's healthy. You're someone I would look at and say she's probably comfortable with herself and in her skin.

I totally get the mind stuff, that's a separate piece to work out all together. I was looking at myself in the mirror last night and felt really fat. And I thought those days were over. I'm hoping I'll be able to let that go once I reach my goal weight, but I think it'll take some time.
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #12  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Go for it

This guy thinks you look great, have an admirable chest, and have good taste in clothes.

Go for it - and Good Luck.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:37 AM   #13  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I think you look great!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

oops it seems rude not to come back and at least comment after the replies! So ok I do want to put the photo up... but I've yet to do it I will do *nods vigorously* I just need to get around to it! I know it sounds stupid but I'm still disappointed by how I look... who knows maybe this last 29lbs will make all the difference!

Thanks for all the replies though
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote