Old 05-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #76  
Let's get started ....

S/C/G: 197/.../165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
This forum is not as active as it was when I was on here last year.. My name is Patzi... I am on maintenance and have gained 7 pounds.. Was on Atkins, but it did not work, so back to the MRC plan.

Are they still using the Metabolic More ?
Welcome back! Can I ask how long has it been since you reached you goal weight and how long are you on maintenance?

I think 7lbs is not out of reach to loose again. You can order the HSN from the website if you do not want to go back to a center.

I am on a green plan and have been losing steadily 2 lbs a week and I am nearing my goal weight (170 lbs) and I am now motivated to stick to the center's recommendation of 165 lbs as a goal weight. In the beginning 170 lbs seemed soooo far away but with persistence and the coaching I have reached a 20 pound weight loss within a couple of months.
chocolate cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #77  

I need to get back on track so badly. It has been a rough few weeks.
Amandarowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:48 PM   #78  
Let's get started ....

Do not worry, just start over again. Glad you are back, I missed you.
I had a couple of splurge days as well, my big event is on May 20 and I need to fit into a certain dress. I will not try it on beforehand, just the week prior.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

Default Plateau HELP!!!!!!

I haven't been on here for such a long time. In 2011 I completed my MRC program and lost 47lbs. Two weeks into maintenance I found out I was pregnant. I did very well during pregnancy and only gained 25lbs. I was able to lose most of the weight shortly after delivery. But for some reason when my family was moved to another state my world came crashing down on me. I am back up to my original weight and am desperately trying to lose again. There are no centers near me so I am doing this on my own. I started three weeks ago and have lost 9 lbs. But my problem is that I have plateaued for 11 days now. I just can't seem to break this one. I NEED HELP! Does anyone have any suggestions or help? I am so sad that I'm stuck at this same weight.
struggling Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #80  
Let's get started ....

Hi Nicole,
I struggled in the beginning as well. I stayed for almost 2 1/2 weeks at a weight off 186. It seemed like ages for the scale to move. I stayed on my program and believed that it will work out. I gained weight after moving to Florida and starting all over again, I lost my footings and enjoyed food too much.

I find that raw veggies help me, hot lemon water, and meal replacement shakes for dinner. Not great but when I am on the run between work and soccer fields anyway I do not mind a shake as a meal replacement that much. I am trying to work out at least 3 times a week.

Good luck!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #81  
Let's get started ....

Where is everybody!

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day!
We went out to lunch and the Japanese Steakhouse did not even have a salad on the menu. After talking twice to the manager, they finally agreed to create one. So, my lunch turned out to be a really great salad with salmon.
Nowadays, how is it possible for an upmarket restaurant not to offer a low sodium and healthy menu.

I hope y'all have a great week.
CC
Old 05-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #82  

Hi Nichole. I laughed when I read your message. Same thing happened to me 4 years ago. Lost 50lbs started having the time of my life again and I got pregnant. I since have gained all of the weight back. I have just rejoined and they said for a bump in your weight loss you can replace one of your meals with a shake and that should help you get out of it.

It does truly work and I am determined to do this again. Best of luck I will be looking for your posts.
seemesmile2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 238/232.8/140

Hello everyone-

Newbie to MRC, just started on 5/9/16. I am so thankful to see that there is a forum for people doing this. I am doing okay on the diet and supplements (I have my first weigh in today after I joined and am kind of freaking out.)

I am ready to change my life.

Good luck to everyone!!!
mrsd33007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:15 PM   #84  
Let's get started ....

Welcome to the club, MrsD,
do not worry about your weigh in, as long as I do your best - that's all you can do. You will be fine.

Talk to you soon, keep on posting.
CC
Old 05-16-2016, 01:58 PM   #85  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Hello! Today is my first day on the per-conditioning eating plan. I joined MRC because I HAVE to do something to lose this weight. 4 1/2 years ago I lost 60lbs and have gradually gained 40lbs back. Every Monday was like ground hog day, restarting a new food plan and getting nowhere. I have been suffering with a back and hip problem, which is thankfully getting better - so I can get back into some light exercising.
I am really scared of following the plan and failing. I know it is a strict food plan and sticking to it is going to be a challenge but I am going to take it one day at a time. Wish me luck
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #86  

Default Weigh in post preconditioning

Hi Guys-

Got weighed post pre-conditioning and I'm a little disappointed that I only lost 2.4 lbs. I think I will have to really make sure I am drinking enough water and watching all my portions.

Trying to tell myself that slow and steady this time. That it's going to be different. I did the Medi Weight Loss before with great success but gained it all back so I am trying to tell myself that I would rather lose slowly and know that I am learning how to eat and make the right nutritional choices.

I hope this week will be better. I bought my protein drinks for the next two weeks so crossing my fingers that they will do the trick.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Last edited by mrsd33007; 05-16-2016 at 07:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-17-2016, 07:58 AM   #87  
Let's get started ....

Welcome NEMom,
you can do it, take it one day at a time and stick to the plan as close as you can. I started at the exact same weight as you and I am close to 170 lbs now, only 2 1/2 months later. I went on vacation for 9 days and ate moderately healthy but not following the plan completely. I have to attend a lot of dinners and it would be impolite to not eat, so I have to make good choices about what I consume. My consultants understand and helped me to make the best of it.
I try to get exercise in when I can but not always. It helped me a lot to post here and exchange ideas.

One day at a time - that's all you can do. Good luck, keep on posting.
CC
Old 05-17-2016, 08:04 AM   #88  
Let's get started ....

MrsD - great job. I am in my fifties and it is a lot harder to lose the weight, I am losing slowly but at a steady pace. I lost a lot of inches as well, it is not always the scale that tells you where you lose the pounds. Believe in it and stick with it.

This is a tough week for me, parties over parties to attend and I know I ate a few hot appetizers on Saturday that were not in my food plan. Let's see what the scale says tomorrow.
I drink a lot of hot lemon water to flush out the sodium in processed foods. And I do not weigh myself at home, I weigh in twice a week at the center - I do not want to enter the crazy train of daily weigh ins, weigh fluctuates with water and sodium in take.

Good luck to you, keep on posting.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:14 AM   #89  

Hi CC-

Thank you for the encouraging words. It's so hard to stay focused while working full time and trying to live my life. It doesn't help either that my husband is not overweight at all, so preparing my food sometimes feels like preparing two whole dishes per meal per day.

Good luck with your weigh in too!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #90  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I am so happy to see others posting in this forum. I definitely need some support of others following the same plan.
I am on day three of the pre-conditioning plan. I have stuck to the plan as closely as I could these first couple of days and I have not been too hungry until this morning, this morning I woke up starving and with a headache. I am sure it is a combination of sugar withdrawal and pms.
mrsd33007- 2.4lbs in a week is amazing!!! I hope that I can have a couple of weeks like that. Great Job!

Chocolate Cheesecake- I love your name! Losing 23lbs in 2 1/2 months is AMAZING!!! I really hope that I can see those types of results on this plan. Hearing your story of traveling and eating out but still having weight loss makes me feel better, we do a lot of mini trips in the summer and it is going to be a struggle for me to stay on track.

I am happy I have managed two days on plan and am more determined to make it through this week. Hope to see a loss on Friday when I go to the weigh in and the 45 min food/menu class. Two more days. I can do it.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote