Old 11-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #1  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Default MRC - November 2015

Hello November!

I survived Halloween without eating off plan. I have to say, it is much easier to not eat off plan while on the Meat Lover's Plan. You get "free" foods. I ate an entire box of sugar free Jello, but didn't eat any candy bars

I saw some new posters on the site in other threads. Welcome! I too was looking for a jump start and recently rejoined a center. I am excited to have a plan in place during the holidays so I don't just use them as an excuse ("I'll start in January....). I look forward to hearing from you!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hi gang! I]m back again after gaining a little over half of my weight back. :-( This whole maintenance thing seems to be an issue for me...I'm either strictly following this diet or inhaling my entire pantry lol. So I'm going to give it another try - it doesn't help to give up, right? How is everyone doing, and what is this meat lovers plan? I went into my center to restart today and no one said anything about it, so now I am very curious!
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:24 PM   #3  
Idaho

beachrunner695 - Wow, I hope they haven't done away with that program because it wasn't effective!! I just started it last week and haven't weighed yet. They said that my body would go through a little bit of an adjustment period and that I shouldn't weigh everyday. So, tomorrow I will know if it is working for me or not. I sure hope it is. I can't tell you how nice it is to eat when I'm hungry! It is called the Meat Lover's Delight and it is similar to Atkins at first (but without the fat induction phase if you have ever done Atkins...), high protein, some fat and a vegetable (from a low carb list) at every meal. So no fruit, bread, grain, etc. It may not work for everyone, but I am excited to be trying something new and hopefully it will get my body dropping some weight again.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/216/140

Height: 4'11"

@selway - Yes the put me on the Metabolic More but today when I went in I asked for the Balance plan. I work out an hour a day burning almost 1000 and I know there isn't enough food on the Metabolic More plan.

I lost 1lb today I knew it would be a bit off because I ran a half marathon yesterday and while I didn't eat clear off the wagon I had to eat what I normally eat before a long run because I couldn't take any chances on having an upset stomach.
cmmnsnsfml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #5  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

I had to ask my center about the Meat Lovers Plan that I saw on their FB page. Emetabolic.com is another great source for info and recipes. My center is pretty useless on giving out ANY information. Bunch of pill pushers- LOL!!!
We are camping- been here since Saturday- going home today - made pretty good choices and racked up 11,000 steps yesterday walking the trails then we rode our bikes for an hour!! Feel fantastic and shorts were almost falling off! What????? I love that feeling . Took the dogs to the dog park and they were running all over the place, swimming---- like little kids- had a hard time getting them to leave- we've been taking multi walks with them. When camping I do what my DH does - didn't eat unless I was hungry- new concept. One meal was 3 triscuits, Wickles hot pickles, olives and seriously sharp cheddar cheese- low points and calories - lots of flavor. I'm really watching portion sizes and tracking EVERY single thing. This am had cherry berry blend w Greek yogurt and grabbed a piece of bacon- then put it back till later. It was just there so I was going to eat it- didn't really want it. Also paying attention to if I'm really hungry or just mindless eating or seeing food and eating it because it's there. On WW - I get 27 points a day. If I want my ice cream - 3 points for Breyers no sugar caramel swirl I have to cutback elsewhere. I've realized I can't do unlimited anything except veggies or I won't lose. The higher the protein is and low carbs/sugar - the lower the points so I'm using a lot of what MRC taught me- I just like the WW tracker better. Good luck everyone and please keep sharing!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #6  

Ok I gotta ask them about the meat lovers thing...I bet that would work well for me. It seems like when I eat any kind of bread or fruit, it skyrockets my cravings. It's pretty much the worst. I'm going back in to get weighed tomorrow or Thursday so I will see what they think about letting me try that. Does anyone use the fat and carb blockers? They were giving me the hard sell on that on Monday, and I'm actually fairly educated on nutrition, supplements, etc (I just have trouble applying said knowledge to real life). So I asked the girl how it works. She starts telling me how it puts "like a net in your stomach" to catch all the bad stuff...like carbs and fats and sugar that you don't know are in your food. What in the actual heck?! She actually looked uncomfortable saying it because I'm sure she could tell I was very skeptical...but doe sit actually do anything?
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #7  
Idaho

YES!! Lost 3.5 lbs since Friday weigh in! I was really nervous because I do like this plan and eating extra food feels weird.

beachrunner695 - I like to look at the product descriptions on emetabolic.com
http://www.weightlossmrc.com/weight-...d-carb-blocker
Were they talking about using this while on program? I'm surprised. I thought it was for maintenance? and possibly for certain situations - you know you have to eat out while traveling or other? Anyway, I have used it and I think it helped. I had a date night with my husband. I ate sensibly but had a bite of his dessert and had some kind of drink at the movie and some sour patch kids or something - and still lost weight when I weighed the next morning. Not guaranteed that the blocker was the entire reason for that of course, but I wouldn't say it didn't do something(?)

bigdog - glad that the combo is working for you! You're going to have to switch to a smaller size of shorts! I can picture your dogs having a blast.

cmmnsnsfml - half marathon, you rock! Do you have another event coming up soon?
Old 11-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #8  
Idaho

Me again, sorry. I went to a class at my center last night. Has anyone heard about the DNA testing from their center? I have to say that I am intrigued. It would answer some of my questions and maybe tell me what I am doing to fight against myself. I read more about it online last night and still need to learn more (find out what specific genes MRC tests, etc.) before I bite that expensive bullet ($199!!!) but definitely considering it (through one source or another). I like having a center! I didn't think I would. They text me to see how my day is or to just tell me to have a great on-plan day; they are friendly, informed and not pushy at all. This class last night was a "ask anything you want" type thing to figure out where people were struggling, answer any questions about supplements, program requirements, or whatever. They didn't even bring up the DNA question - a participant did. So, just curious if anyone else has heard of this or known anyone that has done it? Thank you!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 216/216/140

Height: 4'11"

Good morning

Carb and fat blocker I only take those if I am eating out or eating food I didn't prepare like at Thanksgiving dinner.

I at this time do not have another big event. I need to focus on my eating and getting that under control. When I am training for something I tend to focus on that. Once I get a good routine for eating I will look at training again. Running is much easier at 140 than at 200+. Maybe the Vegas Rock and Roll half next November.

Every one have an awesome Thursday.
cmmnsnsfml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:33 PM   #10  
Idaho

Hi everyone. I weigh in again tomorrow (if I can get there before they close) and am nervous/excited. Still loving the bacon every morning and nuts every afternoon and/or evening and my Greek yogurt. I am sugar crashing hard in the afternoon 2-4 and need to figure out why. I used to think that it was the carb I had for lunch (fruit), but now that I don't have a carb for lunch that can't be it..... Hmmm.....good question for my counselor.

cmmnsnsfml - I am also taking a break from hard workouts and just focusing on my diet for a while. I decided to do this because now I don't have to guess - am I working out too hard for the diet plan that I am on and that's why I'm not losing, etc. So, if this plan keeps working, I will start again. But for now I am taking 4 weeks off if I can stand it. Still working on my pull ups, stretches and abs though.

Everyone have a great, on plan day!!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:51 PM   #11  
Motivated Member

Hey everybody!
Lost another pound and again got on the scale twice just to see the number then did a happy dance! Lol
I'm really watching portions and tracking EVERY single item I eat.
We always put out cookies and candy for the residents and today - kept walking by the chocolate chip cookies. I finally grabbed one, took a bite while calculating points and immediately grabbed a napkin and spit it out! Wasn't worth it- not even that good. Had some protein bars left over from an event- ate 1/3 of it- tracked points -5!! So threw the rest of it away.
No wonder people gain weight thinking they are making good choices- a lot of the bars are high in sugar and carbs and too low in protein. Even cereals that advertise high fiber have low fiber (like only 3 G)!when reading labels. Crazy.

Selway- so happy you like your center! Reminds me of the first center I went to that had classes, lots of helpful guidance and advice....fully staffed. I loved it and lost 35 lbs. the center I was going to in my little town has one person working there and high turnover (satellite office)
The other big center is an hour away.
How was your weigh in? Can u check w your doc re the DNA test?
Old 11-07-2015, 07:19 PM   #12  
Idaho

Down another pound

bigdog - I am going to check with my doctor before I pay that much. I tend to get excited about things, but am ultimately a cheapo so it sounds great.....until I have to fork over some $. HOWEVER, I am glad that I joined the center. Had one consultant last week that tried to push many pills on me, but now I know just to avoid her....the rest have been AWESOME. Glad your journey is going well, that must feel great.

How is everyone else doing? Hang in there!
Old 11-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #13  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selway View Post
Down another pound

bigdog - I am going to check with my doctor before I pay that much. I tend to get excited about things, but am ultimately a cheapo so it sounds great.....until I have to fork over some $. HOWEVER, I am glad that I joined the center. Had one consultant last week that tried to push many pills on me, but now I know just to avoid her....the rest have been AWESOME. Glad your journey is going well, that must feel great.

How is everyone else doing? Hang in there!
Hey Selway,
I was curious about the DNA test and saw this article in Men's Health Fitness online (below)
Does anyone remember the Hormone testing MRC did? Maybe they still do it. It was $99. My results came back that I needed to buy more supplements. . Of course!!!
I do love the MRC program and if you get a good counselor- that's fantastic! Let me know how the meat lovers program is working for you. I have my physical end of the month and going to ask my doc about the test. Very interesting.

Article: Just two weeks after scraping the inside of my cheek with a swab, bottling it up, and sending it back to a lab in England with a short questionnaire, I got back the most exciting report about diet, fitness, and general health I’ve ever read.

I took the DNA test as part of our Men’s Fitness “Breakthroughs” coverage of a stunning new study that found that subjects who dieted using recommendations based on their actual genetic makeup lost 33% more weight than those who didn’t.
And man, what an eye-opener to learn what my genes do and don’t say.

The most interesting findings?

Low-carb diet, here I come! Why? Because my DNA conclusively proves that I’m extremely sensitive to carbs, so if I want to lose weight, I need to restrict refined carbs to just 6% a day (bye-bye, whole-wheat bread and maple syrup). I’m also highly sensitive to saturated fat, so that has to stay at around 12% a day.

I’m still grieving over that one.

Good news: I’m not lactose intolerant—which surprised me, since my father and sister are. But less-good news: I definitely have one of the two genes necessary to make celiac a “possible predisposition.” (Boy, could that explain some things…)

Fitness wise, while my best exercise plan is “high intensity and short duration” (it’s uncanny how I’ve always gravitated toward this naturally), I’m also at “extremely high risk” of injuring myself when I work out—which could definitely be behind my recurring knee and ankle injuries.

Here, the summary I was sent via email from dnafit.com:

Your DNAFit Diet Results

-Your carbohydrate sensitivity is VERY HIGH. This means you’re more likely to put on weight if you eat lots of refined carbs. To lose weight you would need to restrict refined carbs to just 6% of your daily calories

-Your saturated fat sensitivity is HIGH. To lose weight you would need to restrict saturated fat to just 12% of your daily calories

-This means to lose weight you'd be better suited to a LOW CARB DIET

-Your recommended exercise plan is HIGH INTENSITY and SHORT DURATION. This means you should aim for 30-45 mins of exercise 5 days a week with at least from high intensity exercise

-You are lactose tolerant but you have A POSSIBLE PREDISPSITION to the risk of developing celiac (gluten intolerance.)

Based on your results, we would recommend you need to:

Increase:

Folic Acid, Vitamins B6 & B12
Antioxidants
Vitamin D
Calcium
Cruciferous
Omega-3
Fiber

Decrease:

Salt
Caffeine
Refined carbs/sugars
Grilled meats

Your DNAFit Fitness Results

-You are equally suited to power and endurance training and sport—your potential is 51.2% power and 48.8% endurance. You should split your training between power training (weights, sprints) and endurance (cardio, treadmill, long runs.)

-Your aerobic potential (VO2 Max) is MEDIUM. In order to make the most of your natural VO2 Max capacity, you will need to cross-train by consistently including both endurance and power activities in your training program.

-Your post-exercise recovery profile is MEDIUM, meaning you don't need long bouts of recovery between exercise training.

-Your personal injury risk is VERY HIGH, meaning you have a very high risk of a sports related soft tissue injury. You will need to adjust your training plan to include more injury prevention training sessions than the average person.

The report also includes in-depth explanations for what each gene marker means, how to interpret each result, and how to implement the report’s recommendations in the most efficient possible way.

Wow!

I'm in the process now of incorporating all these changes and recommendations into my diet, and I’ve arranged for further testing on the whole celiac issue. (I know, the topic is celiac/gluten sensitivity is considered trendy and borderline cliché but the DNA doesn’t lie—and my gut has been trying to tell me something for years.) I’ve also just begun a low-carb eating plan.

Finally, I made an appointment with a sports therapist, to show him my results, find out what I can do to further avoid injuries (I take boxing classes and run, so I’ll be curious to see what measures are recommended), and discuss the optimum workout to get strong and stay healthy.

Bottom line, this has been an incredibly eye-opening experience, one I believe will enlighten me for the rest of my life. If you’d like your own DNA test, prices range from $163 to $410 from dnafit.com, or $79 to convert your results from 23andme.com.

It’ll be the best bucks you’ve ever spent on your health.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #14  
Idaho

bigdog - I read that article too, that is what got me excited about it. I am checking to see what tests are offered where and still thinking about it. I love the Meat Lover's program. After eating 4 oz of meat and 4 oz of cooked veggies and a piece of fruit (sub other carb at breakfast and dinner) for soooooo long, it feels good to be able to eat more protein when I am hungry. I am taking a break from working out to get the diet figured out (is the diet not working because I am working out too hard, etc.) so the carb deficit isn't really bothering me. I bought some Ketostix this weekend. I tested negative on Friday at the center (at my weigh in) and was surprised. I am still negative. We'll see tomorrow if I have dropped any weight while testing negative....

Everyone have a great day!!!
Old 11-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 272/241/190

Height: 5'9

Back from our trip to Mexico and getting back in the swing of things. I really enjoyed our trip and I didn't stress out about staying on plan, but I made much better choices and I stuck with eating 3 healthy meals per day.

Right now my center is pushing a bundle of 3 types of pills for the Holiday Season. I know one is a fat blocker and I think the other is for belly fat. I forgot what the 3rd one is for. I'm still plugging along losing a little at a time and I'm not inclined to up my pills until I really start struggling.

Hope everyone has a great week!
llarends is offline   Reply With Quote