Old 10-01-2015, 01:06 PM   #1  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Default October 2015

Welcome to October! I love pumpkin everything so fall is probably the hardest season for me to diet (hmmmm.....summer camping was pretty hard on me this year too). I am staying strong and will allow myself something pumpkin on Thanksgiving.

Six days until our company's health screening. Our insurance rates are lower if you meet certain health "targets" (cholesterol level, non-smoking, glucose level, blood pressure, %body fat, etc.). This is helping me stay on track this week! Vitamin D is an optional test and I might add it now. JenB has me curious....

Well, my experiment of adding one HNS was a positive result - down 1.0 lb this AM. I'm sure it wasn't just that, but I am going to keep it up this week and see how I feel.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #2  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

New month, new plan!
Weighed in at the center wed - not planning to weigh in till Friday but the new counselor wouldn't give me the meat lovers plan till I weighed in! I had just eaten lunch and drank a bunch of water - anyway I was up 5 lbs!! Just to get the stupid new plan!
Was down 3 lbs the next am but still had gained 2 over vacation.
So the meat lovers plan is similar to Atkins and very doable.
For 2 weeks, protein (minimum 4oz) and veggies each meal even breakfast. I was eating a salad at 10am at work and my coworker was like - why r u eating lunch so early. I wanted to tell her skinny b@tt to mind her own biz. - lol!!
Anyway- I sautéed spinach and mushrooms w my eggs and bacon this am to add veggies. Going to make some muffin pan omelettes today to take to work for bfast this week. I usually pack boiled eggs.
Yes w this plan- bacon is allowed. And cream! Pickles unlimited! Any pickled items are unlimited. All nuts allowed but no peanuts.
No carbs till the 15th day and only one- either 1 fruit or 1 bread for any meal.
Minimum 2 HNSs- they recommend 3-4 a day. Unlimited jello (since I can have cream- I'm adding cool whip to jello to make a mousse) yum! I whip it up in blender.
My DH was begging for a triple cheeseburger at Wendy's the other day and I was like Ugh/ I'm not hungry/go away/tired of being on a diet and then was like Ok- just get me the Asian grilled chicken salad. It was perfect!! Even had spicy cashews - allowed- and light spicy vinigarette. I love when I eat out and find something on plan
Im chopping up some mushrooms, green peppers, cabbage and sautéing with lean ground beef in my wok tonight to heat up quickly for lunch next week. Dinner will be salad or steamed veggies w either flank steak, chicken or tilapia.
3 HNSs a day
That's my plan! Hope I can stick to it for at least a week (small steps) till next weigh in Friday
Tired of buying larger sizes and cutting the tags out.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #3  
Idaho

bigdog - sounds like a plan to me! I will have to try that salad at Wendy's, I usually get the Chicken Apple something.... Lunches sound amazing!

My husband bought a new grill this summer and I have been experimenting with cooking different vegetables on the grill. I don't usually like mushrooms, but actually love them grilled! Peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower. Yum!

I'm having a good weekend, staying strong. Health screen on Wednesday. Weight loss is slow, but that's OK. I had to take a few days off of exercising to nurse an injury, but I'm going to start again in the morning and see how it feels.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 10-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #4  
Motivated Member

The Chicken pecan Apple salad is my favorite! I love fruit so really don't know if I can do without for 2 weeks.
Just had some lemon SFFF jello-it actually satisfied my sweet tooth

My DH bought a huge container of caramel corn- he had it on the kitchen counter so I moved to Pantry. Now he moved it to the coffee table in front of me - I'm ready to clock him in the head with it!! GRRRR!
But I'm mentally picturing bugs and worms in it.. Haha!!

I will be strong and lose weight this week!!
Old 10-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Survived the weekend, which included not touching my brother's birthday cake. I was very proud of myself. Scale is still going in the right direction. We'll see what happens at weigh in tomorrow.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #6  
Motivated Member

Pumpkin Latte - guilt free!! Pumpkin spice coffee 0 cal with stevia and a splash of light cream- YUM!!! Found the coffee K-cups at Big Lots- 42 for $15 . I'm thinking the Walden Caramel sauce -0 cal. Would be good added in too
I'm ALL about fake desserty coffee drinks!!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #7  
Idaho

Down 1.8 last week. Not anything to jump up and down about, but I'll take it! Hoping for a little more this week.

JenB72 - great job on resisting the birthday cake! Good luck this week!

bigdog - AWESOME! I will look for that coffee! I have been doing my own version of a pumpkin spice latte - I use the Double Stuff Syntrax in my coffee with pumpkin spice stevia drops. Creamy, sweet and perfect. I also am all about the fake desserts. I went to the store last night and meant to buy the Walden Farms caramel, but forgot. Next time.

I like the Wonderslim aspartame free puddings and cheesecake that I buy from Diet Direct (when on sale). The cheesecake has a few more calories than the MRC puddings, so I don't eat it very often (once/week). I feel a little guilty because I keep telling my kids that they don't need dessert every night - but I am counting down the minutes until I can eat my pudding . I guess teaching them about moderation would be better....

My son is selling popcorn for Cub Scouts so we have tons of bags of caramel corn piled in our dining room (storing it for our pack). Lucky for me, my family doesn't really like the caramel corn, so I don't have to buy any. I would eat most of it anyway.....

Everyone have a great day! We've got this!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 03:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/150/127

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone, this is round three for MRC for me. I have put on summer weight and holiday pounds are right around the corner. I agree with a lot of your posts, this is the only diet plan that has worked for me. I am following the program on my own this time, but I am hoping reading your posts and encouragements will help. Today is day 2 on the yellow menu, ugh I forgot how much salad! Big Dog I love your idea of the salad in the bag with cubed cheese, I will try this tomorrow. Good Luck everyone!
Audrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome, Audrar! It's funny, when I was on the yellow menu, I hated salad. Once I'm off it, I can't get enough. I guess it's a matter of I only want it if I don't have to. LOL

Weigh in went great yesterday. I was down 2.5 pounds for the week!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #10  
Idaho

Welcome Audrar! I am doing this without a center as well. We can do this! I love this forum for food ideas, strategies, and to hear about people's successes (and struggles because we are all human)!

JenB72 - Woot woot on the 2.5!!!

bigdog - my kids were eating popcorn the other night and it smelled divine. I used your visualization technique - bugs in the food - and it worked! No longer appealing.

I am having a good week. We had our health screening yesterday and I received all of the possible points for body fat % and blood pressure. I won't know about the blood sugar, cholesterol, etc for a while, but I feel good about it. The scale is moving down this week. I hope it is actual weight loss and not muscle loss due to my hiatus for my hip/back issue. I will find out when I add it back in....

Everyone have a great day!!!
Old 10-09-2015, 10:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/150/127

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone! I love seeing everyone's posts with the food ideas, I can never come up with. All I think is salad, chicken, broccoli.
Congrats JenB72 on your 2.5 !
Today is last day of yellow menu YAY! Who would think I would be so excited for an egg!
I can't find my blue menu, I can't remember if we can still have the cheese with the egg for protein, or only egg, toast, orange.
Going grocery shopping today, I am going to look for the walden farms dressings I have seen posted, hope they have them.
I decided to weigh myself today instead of on Monday, Mondays are never good. Anyway scale said 150.2, I know probably mostly water weight loss, but I'll take it.
Good luck everyone making in through the weekend, this is always hardest for me, too much time to think about food.
Audrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #12  
Post Preggers

S/C/G: 222/185/160

Height: 5'8

I turned down pie last night and my husband ate the whole thing so I wouldn't be tempted haha! He took one for the team lol! I thought that was hilarious!
meldogml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #13  
Motivated Member

Dang just typed a book! And was on the deck- iPad said temp was too hot and closed my iPad down!!!
Here we go again.
Went to center and weighed in- lost 3 lbs- woo hoo !
Their scale is 2 lbs higher than mine but the meat lovers plan seems to be working.
Minimum 4oz meat each meal w 4 oz cooked veggies or 8oz raw veggies.
I don't always get the veggies in for bfast (was thinking maybe cheat w a V8.) I'm off today so sautéed some left over bacon and frozen spinach w a little olive oil and 2 eggs cooked in PAM on top. The other day I added boiled eggs to sautéed spinach and bacon.
Last Sunday- Made my woked lean ground beef, cabbage, green peppers, rotel and mushrooms w creole seasoning and portioned out in Tupperware. Also shredded lettuce and cabbage and put in ziplock. Froze some of the meat concoction- most Every day for lunch/ heated it up and served over lettuce/cabbage. Had for dinner a couple nights too.
Also had salad w grilled chicken.
Dessert- lemon jello blended w dollop of cool whip. Also made strawberry banana jello (HNS) w Lemon SFFF jello and vanilla bean protein powder.
Wed I can add a carb per day- fruit or bread any meal. I love frozen berries so will add to my jello or cottage cheese or Greek yogurt after dinner while my annoying DH is munching on butter popcorn, caramel corn, Chocolate bars.
It is funny though that regular desserts taste too sweet to me now and don't forgot the sugar crash you get after eating too many sweets. I really do enjoy eating healthy.
The key is to plan ahead and have food on plan available.
My downfall is being hungry and not having good stuff on hand.
Really love all the posts and thanks for the motivation!
Old 10-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #14  
Motivated Member

Hi Skelley!
The meat lovers plan is like Atkins and I love it!
Saw your post in my email but not on here?
Old 10-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #15  

Hello all. Long time absence from me. About 4 years ago I used MRC and lost about 50 pounds. I maintained the loss for roughly a year (I can tell you the exact action that caused me to start gaining...and it was mainly over confidence that I could eat "anything" and as long as I was active I wouldn't gain). The weight initially came back on slowly then the past two years I feel like someone has puffed me up like a balloon, gaining back what I lost plus more. I think where I ended up on MRC was too low of a weight for me, but I am completely sad by where I am now. And my BP is now higher than normal and I know the increased weight is not good for my health...I can't be as active as I would like.

I've been trying to do things on my own. I've given up all soda for about 6 weeks...no change in the scale. I've been tracking my food servings...no change in the scale. And especially on the second thing (tracking food), I tend to only track my good days, which may be 4 or 5 out of 7. I need the accountability. That's why MRC worked for me. I'm considering going back. It worked for me before due to the accountability. Even though I was an at home client, having to send my food log in was huge. But my fear is that I would lose again then gain back again plus more. Ugh.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote