Old 09-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default September 2015 Mrc

Way to go, Llarends on reaching your 20 lb goal! Woo hoo!!!
Weight loss does seem slow but it really does add up.

I weighed in this am at home and was 2 lbs down- hope it's at least that tomorrow at the center!

I like the limited choices of the meta slim plan to start with to jump start the weight loss. Seems I should be losing more but I did slip up and had a protein bar for lunch for 2 days instead of salad because of work schedule.
Yesterday I put chopped lettuce and cabbage in a big ziplock w Tsp of Chipolte ranch (0 sugar and carbs) w cubes of cheese and shook it up and ate it while driving. Lol!!
Good luck everyone and really appreciate the support and sharing
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/241/190

Height: 5'9

Thanks, bigdog. Stay strong today and you'll be down that 2 lbs (and maybe more) tomorrow at your weigh in.

Even though I just weighed in yesterday, I plan to weigh in again tomorrow before starting the long holiday weekend in the hopes that I can stay motivated and on track during our extended family picnic on Sunday.
llarends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #3  
Motivated Member

Weighed in and only lost 1/2 pound. All the counselor wanted to do is push the magic 3 pills. Just lost my motivation and need to try something else.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:58 PM   #4  

I had about 2 weeks where I wasn't losing much. They tried to talk me into buying pills and when I said no they said try upping my protein. I have been getting in an extra one per day and lost another two pounds for a total of 22. I'm paid up until December so I need to keep trying. Big dog maybe you should give it another week.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #5  
Motivated Member

I think it was water weight when I weighed in - I had coffee, water and a HNS and toast, 1/2 orange and cheese 2 hours before weigh in- that was REALLY stupid!!! This am I was another pound down despite rebelling last night and eating triscuit crackers and pimento cheese for dinner. And a chocolate snack pak. My DH eats these all the time and I was tired of watching him eat them. The good thing is they are tiny portion
She gave me the blue menu so that has more variety to keep me interested.

One more week till vacation so OK - I'm in for another 7 days 😛
Old 09-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #6  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Somehow managed to lose 2 lbs on pre-conditioning... no idea why since I wasn't exactly "on plan" the whole week. Probably just normal weight fluctuation.
Went to my menu class on Friday and received the "Metabolic More" plan. It's fairly liberal, other than the teeny-tiny portions of carbs. I'm not digging the crappy HNS... far too sweet and cloying. I have not done well with artificial sweeteners in the past, so will see how long I can stand these. I'm convinced they give me headaches almost immediately after consuming them.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #7  
Motivated Member

Way to go Wurdnerd!
I've had horrible headaches and was thinking it's my sinuses. Didn't even think about the HNS drinks.
Had a grapefruit HNS this am and drinking a lemon one now. Determined to get 4 in a day. I like my Syntrax Double Stuffed Cookie and Vanilla Bean Torte much better! more protein too.
Regarding the magic 3 pills- I told the counselor I can't take "diet" pills because they make me too jittery and that my job is high stress and I can't afford to slap anyone. She said- oh - they are all natural. Then went on to say they give you energy and maybe a little shaky but who cares- you'll be losing weight!!

I do need to exercise more - got over 8900 steps yesterday so that's a good start
Old 09-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #8  
Motivated Member

Try blending the HNSs with diet lemon lime soda or some vanilla protein powder. Diet orange soda w Vanilla Bean Torte is just like a dreamcicle
Syntrax chocolate truffle mixed with Diet Dr Pepper and ice in blender taste like an ice cream float. YUM!!
Old 09-06-2015, 05:41 PM   #9  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

It's definitely the HNS causing the headaches. I just had one for an afternoon snack. I was fine before, but now my head is tight and achy. I'll finish off what I have on hand (maybe limit to 1 a day) and start using something more natural. I've located several viable options. One is Vega Protein & Greens - comes in several nice flavors and sweetened with stevia. I'm also going to pick up some plain unsweetened powders... Isopure, Naked Whey, and Optimum Nutrition make some good ones. There is no point in consuming artificially colored and sweetened crap when the rest of the diet is quite good.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #10  
Motivated Member

made some delish SF FF raspberry jello w 2 T cool whip (1 g sugar) YUM! I blended the jello w the cool whip so it's more like a mousse. Top with a few raspberries or berry mix.
Yesterday I really increased my water and got all 4 HNSs in- was a little hungry between meals so had some low fat cottage cheese. Mixed in a little bit of light and lively toasted coconut vanilla greek yogurt- it was a super high protein day!
Of course running errands I had to run to the bathroom everywhere we went. Lol!!
What are some of the foods and snacks that really keep you on track?
Old 09-07-2015, 07:21 PM   #11  
Motivated Member

Wurdnerd- have you tried Syntrax Nectar protein mixes? No artificial sweeteners, 0 carbs, 0 sugar- 100 cal per serving. I love the vanilla bean torte, Chocolate Truffle and Double Stuffed Cookie. I've tried the fruity flavors but didn't care for them.
Let me know what you decide to get- I'm always looking for other options that work
Old 09-07-2015, 07:33 PM   #12  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

bigdog - DOUBLE STUFFED COOKIE?! I haven't tried that one. I will add it to my list!

I had reached my previous plateau weight and fell off of the wagon again. I am doing some serious soul searching as to why I keep self sabotaging. Doesn't make any sense. No, nothing traumatic happened to me at my goal weight, I haven't lost my motivation (haven't reached goal) and I have no fear of weighing my goal weight (husband won't love me, etc.). I am buying the Bob Harper kindle book (that bigdog mentioned) right after this and reading it for motivation/insight.

So nice to log on here and see people succeeding and/or struggling and succeeding. We can do it!!!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #13  

Selway, sometimes I think it gets even harder when you get closer to goal weight. We start feeling really good about ourselves and we let little slip ups happen here and there. Not sure if this is the case for you, but that's been my problem in the past. I'm really trying to stick to this plan as much as possible. I've had a few ups and downs but for the most part, I'm following the plan and it's slowly working. I just wish it was working more quickly. :-)
Old 09-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #14  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

selway... have you looked into the Beck Diet books? They deal more with the mental side of weight loss and may be of help.

So, I may have jumped to a false conclusion. I still think the HNS are low-quality, but since I didn't have a headache at all yesterday, they are probably not the cause. In a way, it will be easier if I use their products so I won't have to argue with them about it. I think I will still supplement with some "outside" proteins just to lower the weekly cost. Will look into the Syntrax Nectar since they have some interesting flavors.

Can any one point me to threads that contain product reviews? Both MRC and outside products? I remember there was one on the IP board, but I haven't run across one here.

Goal weight is such a foreign concept to me. I've just been gradually packing on pounds each year for the past 25 years. Never had a significant weightloss victory... at least nothing I have maintained. My motivation is to see changes in my body. I don't really have a specific weight goal.

Last edited by wurdnerd; 09-08-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:49 PM   #15  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

bigdog - Hang in there! Water weight is a big deal for me. I lost 8.2 pounds yesterday, all water obviously. Don't feel pressured to buy the pills - you will figure out what works for you!

llarends - sounds like you are rocking it! Congratulations on hitting the 20 pounds gone mark!

wurdnerd - I found several references to the Beck Diet books while I was googling diet self sabotage yesterday. It is now on my to-read list, thank you for the suggestion.

I know I have seen reviews on MRC products in individual posts within this MRC forum. Maybe try doing a thread search for the product name that you are interested in? Ex. Corti-trim or MRC-6? I can tell you from reading a lot of them that it is a mixed bag. Some people love them and some feel that they are unnecessary and not worth the cost. The effects/benefits probably vary drastically between individuals as well. I have to say, I am tempted to go buy the Big 3 again because I did have success in the past with them. However, since I was a chronic yo-yo dieter, I am trying not to buy any pills this time and even if it takes longer, fight it off. If I can't get control of my diet without the pills, I am never going to be able to keep it off.

Everyone have a great day!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote