Old 08-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #31  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by llarends View Post
I've been sticking with the plan very well. I've had 2 bad meals in the 6 1/2 weeks I've been on, but I'm really struggling to hit the 20 lbs mark. I can't complain about hunger or cravings because I haven't had those. But I'm starting to get frustrated. It's hard to stay optimistic when you are either gaining a 1/2 lb or losing the same 1/2 lb week after week. The counselor told me the other day to try to drink 5 proteins per day instead of 3 to see if it will bump up my weight loss. I told her I would try it for a few days, but if I didn't notice a change, I wasn't going to keep doing it as I'm not hungry in between meals and it makes that plan that much more expensive.

I'm going out of town with Friends this weekend. Usually that would mean gas station chips, sodas, candy,etc. Last night I was cutting up cucumbers, peppers, and celery and I went and bought cheese, unsalted almonds, and Nut Thin crackers and made my own hummus out of chick peas, olive oil and garlic. I think this made the hubby a little sad. He said this doesn't look like Road Trip food. I told him to feel free to have whatever he wants, but I've paid MRC until December so I have to do my best to try to stay on plan so it's not a total waste of money.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sounds like my husband- I swear when I tell him I'm going back on plan - he delib has Cheetos- ice cream and Chocolste everywhere and keeps talking about them!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. its like he's thinking - I want my fun wife who eats all the junk with me!! I'm always like YOU eat whatever you want- why worry about what I eat? He's tall and muscular with high metabalism so can eat whatever he wants - annoying!!!!
So I rejoined and got to the center ready to start over and weigh in and no one there- I was 10 min early. Is this a sign I shouldn't rejoin??? And do it on my own??
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #32  
Motivated Member

Default In it to win it!!

I am going to be the biggest loser- I can just feel it!! Went back to the center and had a long discussion w my counselor. I haven't weighed in since May!!! And lost 1/2 pound!! Talk about maintaining. Lol!! Happy about that because it was a summer of mucho margaritas and mich ultras, and pub food. Guess I didn't completely screw up because I automatically choose salads, lean meats, veggies and avoid bread......the desserts tempt me though...my weakness.
I'm going to check out Walden Farms chocolate and caramel sauces recommended by counselor. I'm going to need a substitute so I don't cheat.
So this is very cool- she gave me the Meta-Slim yellow plan to follow for 4 days.
Limited choices that will give me a quick weight loss and remotivate me.

This is the same plan I followed a few years back when I lost 35 lbs. I am SO excited!!!!! Stay tuned
Good luck everyone!!! Please keep sharing!
Old 08-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #33  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

This seems to be the main active thread, so I'll make my "hello" post here. Just enrolled with MRC today. I hit my 53rd birthday yesterday and am simply disgusted with my weight/size. Doing pre-cond this week and will go to the intro meeting next Friday. I'm hopeful. :-)
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #34  
Motivated Member

Welcome wurdnerd!
Day 2 of the yellow meta slim menu and so far so good.
Breakfast is 1/2 orange, 1 oz cheese and cinnamon toast, lunch is 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 8 oz veggies (celery) and dinner will be Tilapia, 4 oz cooked cabbage in chicken broth, 4 oz salad (chopped lettuce, cabbage, green peppers) and cinnamon toast ( which is like dessert).
HNS in the am, 10am, 2pm and tonight. (4 total)
I bought 5 boxes of the drinks for $55. I also have some bigger containers of Protidiet pink lemonade that I put in the blender and used for 3 of the drinks today.
I'm on this for 4 days hopefully to kickstart my weight loss!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 272/241/190

Height: 5'9

Welcome Wurdnerd!

Bigdog, I'm so jealous you maintained throughout the Summer. My weight fluctuates so bad. It drives me crazy. I can actually gain 4 to 5 lbs overnight.

I know we aren't supposed to use food as goals, but I am totally having a margarita and some Mexican food once I hit the 25 lb mark!
llarends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:39 PM   #36  
Motivated Member

Omg!! Thunderstorms here for the last two nights and I am tired, tired, tired! Our GSDs are terrified of storms so they jump in the bed mostly sleeping on our heads! No sleep for any of us.

I made a blender full of pink lemonade protein mix. early this am enough for 3 servings - took a big swig and was like WTH? It was my protein maple oatmeal mix!! Lol. Def need some sleep zzzzzzzzz
My maintaining was gaining and losing the same 2-4 lbs all summer!
So today started out w my beloved cinnamon toast w spray butter, light wheat bread and cinnamon 😛. 1/2 orange, 1/2 cup cottage cheese- lunch was cheddar cheese and lots of celery- dinner was 8oz salad w 4 oz flank steak and cinnamon toast. 4 HNSs throughout the day. Hopefully will see a weight loss soon
Old 09-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #37  

bigdog,

I've also upped my protein to 4 to 5 per day. Hoping this helps to get me to that 20 lb mark and then I can keep on going from there.

I feel like this is a diet I can live with for the rest of my life, I just wish I could see some faster progress.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #38  

I did it! I finally hit the 20lb mark. I feel re-energized to stay on this plan. It's working albeit slowly, but working. Today's a good day!

Hope everyone else is doing well!