Old 07-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #31  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Oops - meant to leave an update on my progress. I am not weighing myself until next Monday. I was so disappointed after gaining last week that I ate BAD food while camping over the weekend (s'mores, ice cream, hot dog, soda). For 2 1/2 days, bad food. I seem to be sensitive to carbs and probably gained 7 pounds, seriously. So, to prevent another mental trauma I am just going to follow my green menu and workout as planned until next Monday. Hopefully my bad weekend will have been undone by then. I figure if I am following the program (eating clean) and exercising, it shouldn't matter what the scale says. Well....at least for a week....
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 272/241/190

Height: 5'9

Selway: Thank you very much for the information on Cocktails. I am going to print it off and take it with me as a reminder and to keep me on track. I really appreciate it!
llarends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #33  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Hi everyone!!
I'm completely off plan and need to get restarted. I'm still maintaining but need to be losing! Got a promotion and am in a new office which I love but crazy busy!!
Have not been eating regular meals and just grabbing stuff on the go - usually protein shakes and Greek yogurt.
But also cookies and candy .
I need to remind myself how much better I feel when I'm on plan

Family reunion next weekend and could kick myself for not losing the weight I wanted to.

Now looking for clothes that make me look thinner!!

Good luck everyone and send me some motivational tips!!
Hey Bigdog!
I re-joined MRC maintenance this week, miss all the girls and miss being able to buy the grape drinks, I love mixing it with my diet 7 up. I'm still following atkins, I've lost 30 lbs so far and 10" and now wearing my size 8's and 10's, absolutely no cravings at all. I'm loving it.
Goodluck to you in your journey
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #34  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selway View Post
bigdog - welcome back. You can do this! If it helps - I have followed you for a few years now on this forum and decided to use your strategy for the program this time. I used ALL of the supplements/vitamins/suppressants the last two times that I was on program. This time I am doing it without any supplements (other than protein drinks of course). The weight loss may be slower but hopefully won't come back if I have to fight so hard to lose it.

llarends - Awesome job! As for cocktails - I am of no help here, but found this online about dieting and having a cocktail:

Best Cocktails:

Any Basic Mixed Drink: Gin & Tonic, Vodka Soda…

Why: “Because when you drink a 1-ounce pour of most liquors and top them off with a calorie-free mixer, you end up with a drink that’s pretty low in calories, no matter the combination.” Just be sure to ask the bartender for a 1-ounce shot of the spirit since many establishments pour 1.5 ounces per cocktail.

Calorie Count: 65 calories per 8-ounce glass

White Wine Spritzer

Why: “The concept of the spritzer is simple—white wine mixed with equal proportions club soda. And while some may think it’s an atrocity to mix a nice Pinot Grigio with anything, it’s your body. And if you prefer a spritzer to a beer gut, it’s your prerogative.”

Calorie Count: 50 calories per 5-ounce glass

Mimosa

Why: Once again, it’s about the half and half combo. “Don’t even worry about which brand of champagne. In all honesty, it doesn’t matter. If it makes you happy to buy the expensive stuff, by all means, knock yourself out!”

Calorie Count: 75 calories per 4-ounce glass

Kahlua and Coffee

Why: “The Starbucks coffee craze has gotten people thinking up crazy calorie-filled concoctions. But luckily, one of the old standbys of classic cocktails can fulfill your alcohol and caffeine needs with substantially less calories. Even the best-brewed coffee has zero calories! And with such a light drink, you can afford to add a bit of skim milk to make it creamy.”

Calorie Count: 91 calories per 6 ounces

Martini

Why: Because this cocktail is mostly straight liquor shaken with ice and with a splash of vermouth. “The taste can be strong for someone who likes sweeter drinks, and if that’s you, order your martini made with infused liquor, like vanilla-flavored vodka or spicy pepper-infused liquors, that adds flavor without calories.”

Calorie Count: 160 calories per 2.5-ounce glass (pretty strong drink so it’s not like you need many of these).

Worst Cocktails:

Margarita

Why: Blame it on the Triple Sec, which can add about 300 calories per drink, and the 200+ calories that come from the margarita mix.

Calorie Count: 750 calories

Instead Try: Tequila on the rocks with a splash of lime to save over 650 calories

Long Island Iced Tea

Why: It’s the Triple Sec again, along with too many spirits in one drink (rum, gin, vodka and tequila).

Calorie Count: 750 calories

Instead Try: Rum mixed with Diet Coke, topped off with a slice of lime—“It will save you more than 600 calories!”

Pina Colada

Why: Two words: Coconut cream. Two more words: pineapple juice. Both adding not only calories, but fat and sugar.

Calorie Count: 650 calories (and 90 grams of carbs!). Another way to look at it: about 55 calories per ounce.

Instead Try: Vanilla-flavored vodka mixed with Diet Coke or Sprite to save about 500 calories

White Russian

Why: Heavy cream. “One drink has nearly one quarter of the calories an average person should consume in a day!”

Calorie Count: About 450 calories

Instead Try: A coffee-flavored liquor with iced coffee to save over 350 calories

Cosmopolitan

Why: “It may not have as many calories as the other drinks on this list, but you’ll drink this one quicker—and find yourself ordering it again!”

Calorie Count: 150 calories

Instead Try: Vodka with diet cranberry juice
On MRC I didn't think you could drink alcohol
Old 07-29-2015, 08:21 PM   #35  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Way to go Skelley!
Love the cocktail ideas . When I was losing, I mixed the MRC pink lemonade w vodka or tequila while on Holiday and even on the beach in the summer!! Lol!!
I still have a Chocolste Truffle or Vanilla Bean w strawberries blended in the am.
After the reunion this weekend, I'm planning on going back to MRC and getting started again. I paid to rejoin 2 months ago and never went back. Small town and they are only open Monday and Friday and I was so slammed at work learning new job and getting into routine.
Well surprise- they called me yesterday and said if I came back in that they would start my 17 weeks all over!
I definitely want to start drinking the 3-4 HNSs (I enjoy them - they give me energy and fun desserty flavors). It's been over 100 degrees here in SC and I really don't feel like eating or fixing meals so have been grabbing ready made salads- and sandwiches- not too bad since I give my dogs most of the bread but I want that lean mean feeling again.
I need to start walking the dogs more often also and riding my bike. Going on vacation mid September so goal is to at least lose 15 lbs before that! It's officially in writing so LET'S GO!!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #36  

Skelly, You are correct, we are not supposed to have alcohol on MRC. But I know I will give into temptation this weekend so I was looking for ideas that wouldn't throw me totally off. I haven't strayed from the plan at all in my first 3 1/2 weeks, but we are celebrating a good friend's birthday by going out of town and I am going to have a drink, so I wanted some carb/calorie friendly choices. I know I will pay for it and have to work extra hard to get my metabolism back into Fat Burning mode, come Sunday morning.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #37  
Sherry, Senior Member

Even though I'm following Atkins I re-signed MRC for the maintenance I weighed in this morning and was down 3.2 pounds
Old 07-31-2015, 11:52 AM   #38  

Great job on the loss, skelley! I would love to go in and lose 3.2 lbs!

I'm on my way to my weigh in now. My weight loss has really seemed to slow up the past week.