Old 06-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #1  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Default June - Metabolic Research Center

I am a former MRC client and look back at this forum from time to time to see how everyone is doing. Decided to create a June thread while I am here.....
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #2  
Idaho

Ok, one more since I am here I am currently doing a week of Meta Quick to hopefully break a plateau that I have been stuck at for awhile. It's going OK, 3.6 pounds gone so far this week.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/171.5/140

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on your loss, selway!
I was down a total of 3 lbs this week (lost it all at Monday's WI, no change today).
Doing good, staying on plan. I've been on the late shift and working 10 days in a row so have worked really hard to keep the right foods on hand and have a plan. So far so good.

bigdog- may I ask how you use your Syntrax Nectar chocolate truffle? I got some and tried mixing it in plain yogurt (I'm supposed to do a HNS and a dairy serving for my last snack of day). I wasn't a big fan. Do you just mix yours with water?
Kimerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #4  
Idaho

I have a question for those of you that are newer to the program. I did it a few years ago and still have my menus. I don't have much to lose so I wasn't going to rejoin, although a center did just open in my town. I had to do it over the phone last time and it was kind of a pain. I've heard that they have expanded the menu to include Greek yogurt. My question is - can anyone please tell me which list they have added this to? Or maybe they don't have the three protein lists anymore....if not, maybe how many times a week you can have the Greek yogurt. Fat free Greek yogurt?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Greek yogurt and would love to work this into my program! Right now it is my dessert at night. Greek yogurt with frozen berries in the blender for a few seconds. Heaven!

Thank you!
Old 06-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #5  
Idaho

Kimerz - wow! 10 days in a row must take some meal planning! Way to work the program.

I use the Syntrax powder but not while I was trying to follow MRC so I will also be interested in how biddog makes the shakes. I used almond milk and frozen fruit (mostly strawberries), but again, not sure how that fits in exactly with the MRC plan.

I buy Protidiet protein drinks from Diet Direct for my HNS. They seem to be the same as MRC and sometimes go on sale.

Have a good week!
Old 06-29-2015, 03:34 PM   #6  

So..the greek yogurt. I'm on the plan where you get 3 snacks through the day. Not sure the actual name of the menu. It's just one list of proteins and I can have 2oz Greek yogurt. They didn't mention any restrictions on how many times a week or per day. My normal protein size is 3oz so if you were on the 4oz plan, I'd assume you could up your amount of greek yogurt a little. It is plain, fat free Greek yogurt.

Have a good week!
Old 06-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5

selway -- they no longer have the 3 protein lists, just one that can be had at any time. Plain fat free greek yogurt is listed -- so technically you could have it everyday, three meals a day I am on the regular menu, but level 1 (over 200 pounds) I can have 6oz -- my guess is yours would be 4oz

I'm still plugging along, though in a bit of a plateau. I was out of town all last week and was up 1 pound today. Assuming it is water weight, I've been eating out a lot more and not drinking nearly enough water.
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:20 PM   #8  
Idaho

thelish and Kimerz - thank you for your responses! I am surprised that they combined the protein lists. It seemed straightforward that some proteins (salmon, beef) were limited to a few times a week or even day (cheese no more than 1x/day). Interesting...... Do you enjoy the new plans and do you feel like they are working well for you?

thelish - I am worried about traveling next week also. I plan to just eat as healthy as possible and then start with the HNS and MRC meal plan the week that I return.....or do another Meta Quick, I haven't decided yet.

Drooling thinking of my Greek yogurt dessert tonight. Addicted!
Old 06-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #9  

Selway -- there is a lot more flexibility in the new menu. They add a healthy fat each day which means bacon, avocado, olive oil, or butter!!!

I don't know that I am far enough along to really tell how its working compared to the old plan. Its easier to stick to since there is more flexibility. I think you just have to think about what you eat and be aware if certain foods make you stall.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:29 AM   #10  
Idaho

BACON???!!! Wow. I might have to check out this new program if can't ditch these last pounds before the end of summer. I lost 3.6 pounds last week and 2 are back already today, but I am retaining water so I hope that is part of it. I have eaten less than 1200 clean calories each day this week so am surprised to be up. Ugh - hence the debate to rejoin for help.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #11  

It's my first time on the program so I can't really compare the two plans. I have been able to stick to it pretty well though without feeling deprived so I like it. I've lost 14lbs and I think I'm on week 5 so I'm pretty pleased with the menu. Note that the bacon is supposed to be uncured. I've had trouble finding that and I'm supposed to have my healthy fat at breakfast. I've been just doing a slice of regular bacon and I don't think it's caused my any problems. My consultant did finally bust me on that though and she said to look at Aldi's for uncured bacon.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #12  

Kimerz -- not sure where you are located but I find uncured bacon at Whole Foods or Natural Grocers. That being said I've had regular a few times and not had a problem.

I'm hoping my plateau is broken. I was down 1.6 on the home scale today so I hope it keeps moving. I'm enjoying my favorite breakfast right now -- greek yogurt, lemon HNS, blueberries, splenda, and ice.

What do you all enjoy -- I'm in this for the long haul so I'm always looking for ideas