Old 05-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default MAY Metabolic Research Center 2015

Rejoining Monday because I need accountability! And someone to weigh me each week . I called today and they have a special - $79 for 17 weeks-
Woo hoo ! And they have a new counselor with experience so looking forward to meeting her.
I've been doing Atkins on my own and like it because there is so much info, recipe books, books on why low carbs and high protein diets work. Great forums on here too with a lot of good info.
I always thought MRC was expensive but after looking at other options- it is a lot cheaper than other weight loss clinics even counting in the required 2 HNSs a day.
I need to focus and get this extra weight off- headed to the beach for vacation next weekend for my bday and sure wish I had stuck to the plan in Jan so I'd be happy to get in a bathing suit
This plan does work if you work it!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:37 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Rejoining Monday because I need accountability! And someone to weigh me each week . I called today and they have a special - $79 for 17 weeks-
Woo hoo ! And they have a new counselor with experience so looking forward to meeting her.
I've been doing Atkins on my own and like it because there is so much info, recipe books, books on why low carbs and high protein diets work. Great forums on here too with a lot of good info.
I always thought MRC was expensive but after looking at other options- it is a lot cheaper than other weight loss clinics even counting in the required 2 HNSs a day.
I need to focus and get this extra weight off- headed to the beach for vacation next weekend for my bday and sure wish I had stuck to the plan in Jan so I'd be happy to get in a bathing suit
This plan does work if you work it!
Goodluck Big dog, i'll keep checking in to see how your are doing.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/241/160

Height: 5'6"

Default MRC Newbie

Hey Bigdog! My daughter and I just started MRC - we are on week three and 8lbs down. No hungriness and -most amazing of all - no sugar cravings!!

I have 88 lbs to loose and should be at goal weight by October. I'm feelin' pretty good, for one of the first times EVER about getting to my goal!

I hope you like the new counselor - it makes such a big difference if you have one you like. My center is awesome. They even sent me a text this morning telling me I did a great job.

Enjoy the beach, no matter what! You deserve it and life's too short not to enjoy what we like. You'll be rockin' that swimsuit! And Happy Birthday!!
dodgeball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:47 PM   #4  
Motivated Member

Hello everyone and welcome Dodgeball!
My new counselor is very experienced and really knows her stuff- I'm super excited!! She knows my frustration w the other counselor and said she has heard the same things from other customers so it wasn't just me
Reminds me of when I joined a few years back where I lost 35 lbs and was strutting my stuff on the beach! Lol!! This diet plan not only takes off the pounds but adds muscle. She gave me some great tips and food suggestions.
We will be camping so preparing most of our meals / have a big frig in the motorhome. My DH has already stocked up on his snacks (big old baby!) twinkies, Oreos, plain chips...no worries because I don't care for any of those. Now cheetoes, cheese nips, cheesecake, gooey brownies would be my downfall. So while he'll be eating a burger w the works and bun- I'll have a beef patty w jalepenos and mustard w cukes and pickles .
My rejoin fee was $99 for 17 weeks and she added 4 more weeks since I haven't been back since March and was paid up till May.
I weighed exactly the same as I did in March so didn't gain but also didn't lose.
Skelley- after the Pre Cond. - she's letting me go on the Green menu which I LOVE!!
Old 05-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #5  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Hello everyone and welcome Dodgeball!
My new counselor is very experienced and really knows her stuff- I'm super excited!! She knows my frustration w the other counselor and said she has heard the same things from other customers so it wasn't just me
Reminds me of when I joined a few years back where I lost 35 lbs and was strutting my stuff on the beach! Lol!! This diet plan not only takes off the pounds but adds muscle. She gave me some great tips and food suggestions.
We will be camping so preparing most of our meals / have a big frig in the motorhome. My DH has already stocked up on his snacks (big old baby!) twinkies, Oreos, plain chips...no worries because I don't care for any of those. Now cheetoes, cheese nips, cheesecake, gooey brownies would be my downfall. So while he'll be eating a burger w the works and bun- I'll have a beef patty w jalepenos and mustard w cukes and pickles .
My rejoin fee was $99 for 17 weeks and she added 4 more weeks since I haven't been back since March and was paid up till May.
I weighed exactly the same as I did in March so didn't gain but also didn't lose.
Skelley- after the Pre Cond. - she's letting me go on the Green menu which I LOVE!!
Sounds awesome, they did away with the yellow and blue menus and now have what they call metabolic more pre-cond then you go to the metabolic more menu which is the green menu. They changed it up quite a lot. My problem was I couldn't stick with the same foods everyday. That's why I love atkins there is more of a variety.

Goodluck I'm looking forward to your journey.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:09 PM   #6  
Motivated Member

Good day and even went had an early am meeting where they bought in bfast and survived a work lunch at Outback!
Had a Fit Lean Protein french vanilla shake (got at Walgreens - 16g protein, 70 cal, 0 fat, 2 g carbs w strawberries on the way in so wasn't hungry and skipped the greasy sausage biscuits. Then had a boiled egg after meeting. Lunch was at Outback. Ignored the bread and blooming onion.
Ordered chicken tacos w side salad. Very good! Ate the chicken, salad and took one bite of the tortilla and left the croutons and rest of shell.
Prob won't tell my coach but I keep beef jerky in my glove compartment and had a couple bites of that before going to lunch. 0 carbs and filling- good thing becuz entrees came out 45 min later than app and bread!
Was 2 lbs down today! Woo hoo ! I had been eating too many Protein bars so if I'm hungry - will have cut up veggies, boiled eggs- even beef jerky (small portion) cheese but limited.
Will be Woking my lean ground beef w shredded cabbage, jalepenos,mushrooms and green pepper tonight to serve over romaine. Yum!
Old 05-12-2015, 07:14 PM   #7  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Sounds awesome, they did away with the yellow and blue menus and now have what they call metabolic more pre-cond then you go to the metabolic more menu which is the green menu. They changed it up quite a lot. My problem was I couldn't stick with the same foods everyday. That's why I love atkins there is more of a variety.

Goodluck I'm looking forward to your journey.
Have you been on the Emetabolic.com site? Lots of new recipes and a link to Pinterest recipes? The FB page has recipes too.
She has me on the old green Meta-Slim plan that I was successful w before
Old 05-14-2015, 12:58 PM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Have you been on the Emetabolic.com site? Lots of new recipes and a link to Pinterest recipes? The FB page has recipes too.
She has me on the old green Meta-Slim plan that I was successful w before
Oh wow that's good! I still have all my information from all three tries! LOL!
I did great during the beginning it's when I got to maintenance had they told me to stay at 1350 calories. They gave me a maintenance menu but it's all the same foods.

Glad to see you are doing well
Old 05-16-2015, 10:08 PM   #9  
Motivated Member

Craving Chocolate and saw this recipe- will have to try it when I get back from vacation

http://www.atkins.com/recipes/decade...nRxrN6Q.mailto
Old 05-18-2015, 12:45 AM   #10  
Motivated Member

Default Weight loss stall info from Mayo Clinic

Getting past a weight-loss plateau
Just because your weight loss has stalled, don't revert back to your old bad habits. These tips can help you restart your weight-loss plan.

By Mayo Clinic Staff
You've worked hard to improve your diet and exercise habits, and your reward has been watching your weight go down and feeling better. Now, however, for no reason you can identify, the scale has stopped budging, despite your healthy, low-calorie diet and regular exercise. You've hit a weight-loss plateau.

Don't get discouraged. It's normal for weight loss to slow and even stall. By understanding what causes a weight-loss plateau, you can decide how to respond and avoid backsliding on your new healthy habits.

What is a weight-loss plateau?

Being stuck at a weight-loss plateau for days or possibly weeks eventually happens to everyone who tries to lose weight. Even so, most people are surprised when it happens to them because they're still eating carefully and exercising regularly. The frustrating reality is that even well-planned weight-loss efforts can stall.

What causes a weight-loss plateau?

During the first few weeks of losing weight, a rapid drop is normal. In part, this is because when you cut calories, the body gets needed energy initially by releasing its stores of glycogen, a type of carbohydrate found in the muscles and liver. Glycogen is partly made of water, so when glycogen is burned for energy, it releases water, resulting in weight loss that's mostly water. This effect is temporary, however.

As you lose weight, you lose some muscle along with fat. Muscle helps keep the rate at which you burn calories (metabolism) up. So as you lose weight, your metabolism declines, causing you to burn fewer calories than you did at your heavier weight.

Your slower metabolism will slow your weight loss, even if you eat the same number of calories that helped you lose weight. When the calories you burn equal the calories you eat, you reach a plateau.

To lose more weight, you need to either increase your physical activity or decrease the calories you eat. Using the same approach that worked initially may maintain your weight loss, but it won't lead to more weight loss.

How can you overcome a weight-loss plateau?

When you reach a plateau, you may have lost all of the weight you will on your current diet and exercise plan. Ask yourself if you're satisfied with your current weight or if you want to lose more, in which case you'll need to adjust your weight-loss program.

If you're committed to losing more weight, try these tips for getting past the plateau:

Reassess your habits. Look back at your food and activity records. Make sure you haven't loosened the rules, letting yourself get by with larger portions or less exercise. One study found that off-and-on loosening of rules contributed to plateaus.
Cut more calories. Further cut your daily calories by 200 — provided this doesn't put you below 1,200 calories. Fewer than 1,200 calories a day may not be enough to keep you from constant hunger, which increases your risk of overeating.
Rev up your workout. Increase the amount of time you exercise by 15 to 30 minutes and possibly the intensity of your exercise to burn more calories. Adding exercises such as weightlifting to increase your muscle mass will help you burn more calories.
Pack more activity into your day. Think outside the gym. Increase your general physical activity throughout the day by walking more and using your car less, or try doing more yardwork or vigorous spring cleaning.
Don't let a weight-loss plateau lead to an avalanche

If your efforts to get past a weight-loss plateau aren't working, talk with your doctor or a dietitian about other tactics to try. If you can't further decrease the calories you eat or increase your physical activity, you may want to revisit your weight-loss goal. Appreciate the weight you've lost. Maybe the number you're striving for is unrealistic for you.

Because you've already improved your diet and increased your exercise, you've already improved your health. If you're overweight or obese, even modest weight loss improves chronic health conditions related to being overweight.

Whatever you do, don't give up and revert to your old eating and exercise habits. That may cause you to regain the weight you've lost. Celebrate your success and continue your efforts to maintain your weight loss.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #11  
Motivated Member

Hey Patzi!! Where are you?!
What's new?
Trying to get motivated.
Just got back from vacation 5 days and started out doing well but then we ate out twice and kind of got off track. Homemade bread at both restaurants
I did order salad w grilled shrimp for entree one night and Grilled tilapia tacos w salsa 2nd night. I ate 1/2 shell and left the rest. Had sugar free Margaritas when I drank and no more than one or two. I even mixed the lemon HNS with 1/2 jigger tequila one day. Lol!
Got over 9,500 steps each day...and snacked on celery and radishes, cheese/ drank lots of water.
Family is coming in this weekend and we will be boating, grilling out and of course cocktails. Any advice?
If we get fried chicken- I'll pull the skin off. Subs? Feed the bread to the fish. Plan to have cut up veggies and prob have at least 4 HNSs a day? I know I should not drink- but in reality I know I will. Prob nurse a lite vodka w club soda and lime and drink tons of water is the plan.
What is everyone's plans for the holiday weekend and what's your game plan?
Old 05-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #12  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

Default My weight loss stall buster

I just wanted to share something that I did recently after experiencing a vacation related weight gain. This was not suggested to me by my MRC consultant but it worked none the less.......

I recently went on a trip to Costa Rica and while I truly watched what I ate in regard to carbs/fat I ate way too much fruit (the pineapple and melon are to DIE FOR there !!!!!) and partook in cocktails every day. I did walk for an hour every morning and swam off and on each day and drank tons of water. With all that said, I came home 4 lbs heavier.

My 20 year old daughter is an avid cross fit fanatic and in amazing shape but recently found that she had packed on 6 lbs due to late night eating and more pizza/Mexican food that she could burned off. Her cross fit group suggested a three day diet to take the pounds off quickly and it totally worked.

I did the same......and lost 6 pounds in the 3 days. It re-motivated me and after the 3 days I went immediately back on MRC plan (Green Sheet) and have already lost an additional 2 lbs.

Again.....I just wanted to share in case someone needed a 'jolt' to get going again. It may not work for all but it certainly did for me!

If you are interested, you can easily get the diet by googling Three Day Heart Diet or go to Diet-and-Health.net

I Hope this may help some of you.
Happy Friday everyone!
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:47 PM   #13  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab4two View Post
I just wanted to share something that I did recently after experiencing a vacation related weight gain. This was not suggested to me by my MRC consultant but it worked none the less.......

I recently went on a trip to Costa Rica and while I truly watched what I ate in regard to carbs/fat I ate way too much fruit (the pineapple and melon are to DIE FOR there !!!!!) and partook in cocktails every day. I did walk for an hour every morning and swam off and on each day and drank tons of water. With all that said, I came home 4 lbs heavier.

My 20 year old daughter is an avid cross fit fanatic and in amazing shape but recently found that she had packed on 6 lbs due to late night eating and more pizza/Mexican food that she could burned off. Her cross fit group suggested a three day diet to take the pounds off quickly and it totally worked.

I did the same......and lost 6 pounds in the 3 days. It re-motivated me and after the 3 days I went immediately back on MRC plan (Green Sheet) and have already lost an additional 2 lbs.

Again.....I just wanted to share in case someone needed a 'jolt' to get going again. It may not work for all but it certainly did for me!

If you are interested, you can easily get the diet by googling Three Day Heart Diet or go to Diet-and-Health.net

I Hope this may help some of you.
Happy Friday everyone!
Fantastic!! Thks for sharing! Weighed in this morning and lost one and a half pounds !! Even after 5 day vacation!! Probably a huge no no but I mixed the lemon HNS with tequila and lime for my cocktails!
Old 05-29-2015, 10:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/171.5/140

Hi! Went in today for my food class. Lost 6 lbs on preconditioning so that's an exciting start. I'm on the Metabolic More plan. Sat down tonight and mapped out my meal plans for the week so I can hopefully stay on plan. I've gotten a ton of info out of this forum and I feel like it's giving me the best possible chance of success. Hope everyone else has had a good week!
Kimerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:21 AM   #15  
Motivated Member

Lost 1.5 lbs first week and .5 lb this past week yay!! And that was being on vacation and including memorial weekend with out of town guests!! I think I got this