Old 03-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default MRC March 2015

Ready to start losing again and needs lots of motivation!
Weighed in Friday and starting new with a Coach that is super motivating and full of good ideas and recipes!
I'm starting over with the preconditioning tomorrow and next weigh in is next Friday. Re reading all the materials and starting at the beginning.
She of course was telling me I should take the 3 supplements but told her I didn't need them to succeed.
I am buying the HNSs but hope I won't be pressured to get the other supplements. Then she mentioned B12 shots. Does anyone do those?
Looking forward to getting the weight off! And fitting in my clothes again
Good luck everyone and please share what you are going through, new food finds, successes and even set backs.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:28 AM   #2  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Ready to start losing again and needs lots of motivation!
Weighed in Friday and starting new with a Coach that is super motivating and full of good ideas and recipes!
I'm starting over with the preconditioning tomorrow and next weigh in is next Friday. Re reading all the materials and starting at the beginning.
She of course was telling me I should take the 3 supplements but told her I didn't need them to succeed.
I am buying the HNSs but hope I won't be pressured to get the other supplements. Then she mentioned B12 shots. Does anyone do those?
Looking forward to getting the weight off! And fitting in my clothes again
Good luck everyone and please share what you are going through, new food finds, successes and even set backs.
I am currently taking the B12 injections however when my purchased amount is completed I will not continue. I have better results with the sublingual tabs. Plus they are much less expensive.

Good luck everyone with a successful March!!
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #3  
Motivated Member

I lost 40 lbs when I first joined in 2011 just following the food plan, walking, lots of water and 3 HNSs a day (used Syntrax and pink lemonade HNS).
Guess I'll have to prove that to them again
Don't like the idea of injections (cost is 10 for $100). Anyway- love the program but hate that they push all their pills, etc.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I got off to a great start last week.. then the weekend happened. The eating portion I did really great with.. but had a lot of meals planned with friends.. and wine happened. How do you guys get through the weekends and keep on track when eating out socially? When you have a couple of bad days, what do you get back on track?
paisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #5  
fab4two

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisli View Post
I got off to a great start last week.. then the weekend happened. The eating portion I did really great with.. but had a lot of meals planned with friends.. and wine happened. How do you guys get through the weekends and keep on track when eating out socially? When you have a couple of bad days, what do you get back on track?
I started my current MRC weight loss journey on January 22, 2015 and did not cheat even once (lost 14 lbs and over 15 inches) until my birthday last Thursday when my two youngest children treated me to Japanese. I honestly did not overindulge! Then my brother came home for the weekend and insisted on taking me out Friday evening for a Mexican birthday dinner. I caved and had a margarita but again did not overindulge in food and did not gain an ounce....though I did not loose either......

I am only mentioning this because for me, it is SOOOOO HARD......getting back on track after going off plan. With this said, I made a stern commitment to myself that I would 'forgive my 2 day transgressions' and start fresh Saturday....which I did and have been going strong ever since.

NOTE: it was a tremendous struggle to stay strictly OP again for 3 days but it is getting better!!!

What did I do?? I know it sounds corny but I put a picture on my fridge of me at my lowest weight and kept it on my phone to looked at it every time I wanted to continue my 'Birthday celebration'. Visual motivation.
I also kept my 10 lb loss bracelet on my wrist and snapped it on my wrist whenever I had a deviant food/drink thought. I think this is called aversion therapy ????

Any way.....I am still struggling slightly with post Birthday food/drink demons but I am committed to staying on course.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:21 AM   #6  

Thank you for the suggestions.. great ideas!! It is hard when there are social events going on. I usually can do pretty good with the eating.. it's the cocktails that I struggle with!
Old 03-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #7  

Hi...
I had maintenance weigh in today and I maintained at 5 pounds under goal, so am happy with that.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #8  
Motivated Member

Paisli, completely understand!! I do well during the week and on the weekend unless I lock myself in the house and hide my phone - I have a very hard time avoiding social events! and they all involve food and cocktails! my two brothers came to visit this past weekend and it was crazy! we were out bar hopping the entire weekend so I had to buckle down Sunday after they left to detox. I did pretty well on the food choices and I drink Mich. Ultra so that's low carb and low cal. but did have a couple margaritas. I drank a lot of water and we did stay on the go, so that was a lot of activity. Sunday am, I drank even more water than I normally do and ate super light all day with veggies, lean protein and a couple HNSs to flush out my system. Even when I thought I would be floating, I drank more water. I continued with that and this am, lost the 3 lbs. I had gained since Friday. If that happens again when family comes in, I will drink more water in between cocktails, so i'll be drinking less. I did have chicken and veggies for my meals out and no bread or starch.
I do realize this is a change of lifestyle diet but I also don't want to become a hermit and avoid all social events. I'll just make better choices.
just saw this recipe on Emetabolic.com

Broccoli Cheese SoupSoups are such a great option to make! They work great at lunch or dinner, can serve the whole family and are such an easy make ahead recipe. So why not try out our version of a soup classic, Broccoli Cheese Soup. This is perfect for the cool days ahead when you want something to warm you up. It's the perfect blend of thick, creamy and cheesy. This soup is sure to hit the spot! So dish it up tonight and you'll agree healthy comfort food never tasted so good!

Broccoli Cheese Soup

2 cups low sodium chicken broth

14 oz broccoli

2 oz green onions

1/4 tsp. salt

Dash of pepper

2 small garlic cloves, minced

2 cups almond milk

4 pkg. Cream of Chicken with Vegetables MRC Supplement

8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

2 tsp splenda (or one packet)

Combine chicken broth, cream of chicken & vegetable supplement, broccoli, green onion, salt, pepper, and garlic in saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Pour soup into a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Return soup to pan. Stir in almond milk, splenda and 2 oz. of cheese. Warm until cheese melts. Pour in bowl, garnish with a few green onions & red pepper slivers.

Makes 4 Servings

¼ of recipe replaces: 4 oz protein, 4 oz. cooked vegetables, 
½ carbohydrate serving and 1 Creamy Protein Drink
Old 03-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #9  
RuthG

S/C/G: 277/272/170

Height: 5'3"

A couple of weekends ago I met some friends for an overnight pool party at a hotel. We do that at least once in the winter to beat the winter blues. Anyway, they had pizza - I had packed a salad. I also packed all the other foods I would need for the two days. It was a bit of a pain - but I stayed on plan. This last weekend we had a funeral we had to attend. Lutheran women do not cook according to plan let me tell you. But I tried really hard. I had some meatloaf and salad, and a little bit of apple salad, which was probably the worst for me even if I avoided the marshmallows and raisins. The thing I am really worried about though is we leave for Disney in 40 days. How will I survive and still lose?
Busymom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #10  
Motivated Member

Also if you are going out for social events- wear the tightest jeans you can ! You won't be able to overeat or over drink without feeling uncomfortable. Lol
Old 03-04-2015, 06:40 AM   #11  

Default menus

hey guys i did MRC last year. i kept my menus after i fell off the wagon. i just moved and want to start again, but CANNOT find the menus!! can anyone email me the pre-conditioning and menues? i really dont have to money to buy them again
sarahdenise79{at}hotmail{dot}com
sarahdenise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:24 AM   #12  
fab4two

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisli View Post
Thank you for the suggestions.. great ideas!! It is hard when there are social events going on. I usually can do pretty good with the eating.. it's the cocktails that I struggle with!
I hear you sister!!! They are for me as well.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #13  
fab4two

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hi...
I had maintenance weigh in today and I maintained at 5 pounds under goal, so am happy with that.

Patzi
Congratulations !!!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:29 AM   #14  
fab4two

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Also if you are going out for social events- wear the tightest jeans you can ! You won't be able to overeat or over drink without feeling uncomfortable. Lol
Good point!!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hi...

Patzi
That's great and so encouraging!!