Old 02-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #61  

Height: 5'5

Hi all! What are your favorite quick and easy lunches?
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:57 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 270/261/170

Height: 5'7''

Default Lunches

I know that I have two days off from work a week. I picked one of those two days to go grocery shopping and make food. I'm a pretty picky eater so I like to stick to the things that I like which means a lot of chicken breast, buffalo, broccoli, green beans, greek yogurt, blueberries, and uncured bacon.

Typically I'll weigh the buffalo and chicken to a "portion size" and cook them up. I leave them in tupperwares in the fridge and then as a I'm backing my meals in the morning, I just grab a portion of the protein that I'm taking. A lot of times I do the same with the cooked veggies - I'll intentionally make too many, weight out my portion for that day and put the rest in a tupperware for days to come.
foodlover28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #63  

I was a slacker when it came to grocery shopping this week! We had people over Sumday night, so I had lots of veggie tray leftovers. So I brought 8 oz veggies, 3 oz can of tuna, had 1 oz cottage cheese (blended with ranch seasoning for a veggie dip) and an apple.

I prefer though to bring leftovers. We make turkey chili, beef tostadas (taco salad the next day), and chicken stirfry weekly and all are great as leftovers!

I will also grab 2 cheese sticks and an apple if in a super hurry. Still needs a veggie though.
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:36 PM   #64  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisli View Post
Hello all! I just started back on the MRC program two days ago. I did the program about 10 years ago and lost 40 lbs.. I maintained that loss all of that time, but just had a baby a few months ago and am now needing to drop some weight again! I did the plan on my own last time and I'm doing it on my own again. I just have the 3 menu plan from way back when, so I've started with the yellow menu. I was a little flexible with my supplements before because I didn't want to go to the clinic or pay for their HSN's, so I've got a couple of different things I'm using. Here's hoping I have success again.
Welcome back!!
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #65  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodlover28 View Post
I know that I have two days off from work a week. I picked one of those two days to go grocery shopping and make food. I'm a pretty picky eater so I like to stick to the things that I like which means a lot of chicken breast, buffalo, broccoli, green beans, greek yogurt, blueberries, and uncured bacon.

Typically I'll weigh the buffalo and chicken to a "portion size" and cook them up. I leave them in tupperwares in the fridge and then as a I'm backing my meals in the morning, I just grab a portion of the protein that I'm taking. A lot of times I do the same with the cooked veggies - I'll intentionally make too many, weight out my portion for that day and put the rest in a tupperware for days to come.
I do exactly the same thing!

Last edited by Fab4two; 02-25-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:35 PM   #66  
RuthG

S/C/G: 277/272/170

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone. I am new here, and new to Metabolic Research. I started last week and have lost 5 lbs. I am happy with the weight loss, but I am concerned about the lack of exercise. Will I still keep my muscle mass without any working out, even after I go into maintenance?
Busymom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Hi all! What are your favorite quick and easy lunches?
Salads with leftover chicken, crab, turkey, shrimp..I make my salads very festive, with all kinds of stuff in it. I change it every time I make it.

Tuna over 1/2 slice bread with slice of tomato, soy cheese, then put under the broiler..

Leftover from the night before..

Omelet with salad.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:00 PM   #68  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

I eat salads almost every day for lunch with either flank steak, grilled chicken or lean pork chops. Or shredded cheese and sliced boiled eggs. Salad is shredded romaine and cabbage. I add a tiny amount of sliced almonds or sunflower seeds and sometimes slices of oranges or strawberries. Low cal, low sugar poppyseed dressing or raspberry vinegarette.

Cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt w berries.

Apple and cheese string w celery
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:31 AM   #69  

I'm so happy to see some new members!! Welcome!!

Tonight is weigh in for me. I think I'm just maintaining I still get hungry and choose healthy options instead of junk food, so that's a step in the right direction, but not leading to any weight loss. I'm curious what my body fat percentage will be, I think that's next week.
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #70  

welcome to all the new members.. My name is Patzi and I am on maintenance. This is a great forum..

Patzi
Old 02-26-2015, 08:56 AM   #71  

For lunch I made this salad yesterday . I made everything small like a chopped salad.

leftover roasted white breast chicken,1 slice turkey bacon, small amt. of avocado,cherry tomatoes, cukes, egg white halves diced as I don't eat the yokes, shredded soy cheddar cheese, lettuce sliced thin,strawberries around edge of salad with light Italian Dressing.. It was very filling.

Patzi
Old 02-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 210/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymom23 View Post
Hello everyone. I am new here, and new to Metabolic Research. I started last week and have lost 5 lbs. I am happy with the weight loss, but I am concerned about the lack of exercise. Will I still keep my muscle mass without any working out, even after I go into maintenance?
Last time I did the program I just did light exercise (otherwise you end up burning muscle because your calorie deficit is too high). When I went into maintenance is when I kicked up my workouts and added a lot more weight training. It was easier for me to sculpt and build muscle after I dropped the weight (also.. getting the weight off made my knees hurt a lot less and made working out a lot easier). During maintenance I would track my food/workouts to be sure I was getting enough calories to offset the workouts.

Hope that helps
paisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #73  
RuthG

S/C/G: 277/272/170

Height: 5'3"

Thank you so much Paisli. Your explanation is exactly what I needed to hear. I couldn't quite wrap my head around why this program would work for me long term. I really want to lose and then get into a healthy lifestyle. I know it won't be easy but I really want to get my active life back.
Busymom23 is offline   Reply With Quote