Old 01-30-2015, 06:20 AM   #31  

Up 0.5 lbs this week. Sad! I had been fudging on my veggies a bit. I get so dang hungry!! I also slacked on exercise this week. Oh well, can only move forward.

Anyone making any super tasty super bowl treats?
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:43 PM   #32  

Height: 5'5

Hi all -- I'm back after a long break. The mail order system did not work for me, I realize I need for the accountability of the in person weigh ins. So last saturaday I rejoined at the center about 45 minutes from me. Its about 20 minutes from work so reasonable I can go in once a week.

So far things are good. I'm down 4 since saturday. Tried making the hot cocoa into a brownie tonight and it was fabulous!! Anyway, I'm planning to start checking in here.

Have a great friday!
Alisha
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:52 AM   #33  

How to you make the hot cocoa into a brownie?? Sounds delish!

Welcome back!!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Hi all -- I'm back after a long break. The mail order system did not work for me, I realize I need for the accountability of the in person weigh ins. So last saturaday I rejoined at the center about 45 minutes from me. Its about 20 minutes from work so reasonable I can go in once a week.

So far things are good. I'm down 4 since saturday. Tried making the hot cocoa into a brownie tonight and it was fabulous!! Anyway, I'm planning to start checking in here.

Have a great friday!
Alisha

Welcome back.. Please share your brownie recipe with us. That sounds like a great treat at night when the chocolate craving hits..
Good luck on your new weight loss challenge.
Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:28 AM   #35  

My center suggested the recipe when I was in yesterday. Here is how I did it -- put one package hot chocolate mix, 1 teaspoon oil, and just enough water to make a batter (you could also add a little vanilla or mint extract) in a shallow bowl. Microwave for 40-45 seconds. It doesn't make very much, but it was perfect for the chocolate craving
Old 02-01-2015, 08:45 AM   #36  

I have made this recipe before, but thought I would share in event one may want to try it..

I have a green shake every morning, and every once in awhile I use this recipe and put my green powder in it and use as my breakfast. Great drink if you are on the run, can drink in car.

Berry Blast Breakfast Smoothie--so good!

3/4 cup frozen blueberries
4-6 oz fat free, plain, greek yogurt
1 packet MRC Concentrate HNS (any berry flavor works great)

Add all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Using frozen berries is best. You do not need to add any water to your HNS, just squeeze the protein right into your blender. Add 1/2 cup ice if you'd like it be a bit more frozen.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #37  

Yum! A brownie is in my future today have you all discovered lavash bread? A friend that's also on plan heard about it at their connections class Wednesday. I used it this morning for breakfast burritos. They are huge and 1/2 of them is 50 cals, and they're big enought to split in half again, so I could have 2 breakfast burritos! Yay for food volume! She said you can also use them as a pizza crust, going to try that this week too.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #38  

Default lacroix water

patzi I just started with mrc and read back from August blogs--you mentioned about the la croix water and mixing with the HNS--does it need to be concentrate or pwdr probably doesn't matter

also, I was wanting coffee this am and usually I make foo foo coffee--creamer, hot choc, and whipped cream--so this a.m. I used sugar free choc and truvia--the sf hershey's I probably shouldn't have used--but the center was out of hot chocolate--she also mentioned about the brownies
Qayleelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qayleelee View Post
patzi I just started with mrc and read back from August blogs--you mentioned about the la croix water and mixing with the HNS--does it need to be concentrate or pwdr probably doesn't matter

also, I was wanting coffee this am and usually I make foo foo coffee--creamer, hot choc, and whipped cream--so this a.m. I used sugar free choc and truvia--the sf hershey's I probably shouldn't have used--but the center was out of hot chocolate--she also mentioned about the brownies
You may use either with the LaCroix. I use all the concentrated gels, but powder would work..

I think tuvia is ok on program, but not sure about the sf hershey.. I would ask the center on that. I use stevia.

Patzi
Old 02-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #40  

Marcee, thanks for the wardens farms thick and spicy bbq sauce recommendation. It's pretty good! Made a pizza on lavash bread with grilled chicken and mozzarella, then drizzled the sauce on in. Enjoying a brownie now too! It don't think I microwaved it enough though, it's kinda like warm brownie batter, which is still fine by me!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #41  

Christina, that pizza sounds great -- I'm going to have to try that. Where do you find the lavash bread? I used flat outs before, is it similar?

Patzi, I love the smoothie recipe. I make that one with lemon HNS all the time.

Another fun condiment, have you tried the bolthouse farms salad dressings. They are in the veggie area and are yogurt based. I never really liked the Walden Farms ones, so I was happy to find something else that works. The salsa ranch is really good and plan approved.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #42  

Ok one other fun recipe, tried this for lunch today and it was yummy. It came from the Ideal Protein board. I don't know if you ever checked it out, but many of their recipes are compatible with MRC. I just subbed some onion powder for the onion.

http://idealproteinrecipes.blogspot....c-in-bowl.html
Old 02-01-2015, 03:58 PM   #43  

The lavash is bigger and thinner than the flatbread. I found it at Walmart on the shelves in front of the deli counter.

I'll look at the bolt house dressings. Did you use walden farms thousand island in the Big Mac recipe?
Old 02-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #44  

I will have to look for lavash. I did use the walden farms dressing on the big mac bowl.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #45  

Hi everyone! I have been lurking but not responded to anything before. I have done MRC before and lost quickly when on plan. However, this go around I am having the hardest time and it is really depressing. I have been on plan and exercising and lost 1.5 pounds for the past two weeks. I have over 50 to lose and I am just wondering do any of you have advice? I am afraid I may have messed up my metabolism
Jmm2354 is offline   Reply With Quote