Old 12-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #16  

Bigdog..

You asked at one time about low carb veggie treats to take with you .. I got this one from MRC.

Zucchini Tots

- 8 oz shredded zucchini

- 1 egg

- 3 oz cheddar cheese, shredded

- 3 Melba Snacks, Roasted Garlic Flavor

- Salt and Pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Shred zucchini and place in cheese cloth or paper towel and wring out excess moisture. In a medium-mixing bowl combine all ingredients until well mixed. Make 8 small rounded “patties” out of mixture and place on lined baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes, flip each patty and bake for another 9 minutes. Enjoy!

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:37 AM   #17  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Yum!! That sounds wonderful!! We are RVing for Christmas and cooking most meals at the camp site so that would be a great app!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:55 AM   #18  
Motivated Member

Patzi. For the Greek Yogurt, check the sugar. Most FF products add more sugar and with this type diet, would cause a gain. I only eat Dannon Light n Fit Greek Yogurt- 12 G protein and low sugar. The Key Lime, Strawberry Shortcake and Banana Creme are incredible! They are all good

Last edited by bigdog; 12-23-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #19  

The Zuchinni tots sound amazing! I made the ranch chicken nuggets from the recipe thread, so I have garlic melba toasts on hand.

I weighed in Thurday and have lost 4.4 lbs at day 13. I go in tomorrow to have the fat/muscle analysis thing done.

I had a super rough day Friday. We had a co worker celebrating 20 years with the company, so there were gourmet cupcakes, including German chocolate, my fave! Then this fancy cream cheese iced cake, along with the normal holiday snacks galore! I resisted, but dang was I crabby!

I did have a small sip of my daughters egg nog this morning, oh my, without self-control I could chug the half gallon, haha.

What are your healthy Christmas menus including? We're bringing fruit and veggie trays to our get togethers.
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #20  

Are dannon light and lively different from light and fit?
Old 12-22-2014, 07:15 AM   #21  

Thanks BigDog for the tip on Yogurt..

Christina, great weight loss... Oh, my... I love egg nog..Chugging half gallon in old days would be a must.LOL.. Good for you, having a taste only..

I have a big challenge today... I think one of the biggest since I went on maintenance.

I am making 4 different Greek pastries today , along with two pies and cookies and muffins to take with me for our trip to daughter's for Christmas.. I won't indulge, but crabby, I can sure imagine I will be..Muffins are for hubby, and they are healthy, as he has them for snacks during day. One think I have learned on maintenance. I have to respect people that eat this food, even though I will not . But it is sooooo difficult, as I love it all.. Oh, well, such is life, right? I want to stay on maintenance, so I will be good.

I leave tomorrow but will be checking in to see how you all are doing.. Again,sure wish this site was more active.. What happened to everyone?

Patzi
Old 12-23-2014, 06:29 AM   #22  

Hope you had a successful baking day Patzi! My daughter and I made sugar cookies last night. They have cream cheese and almond extract and smell and taste heavenly! I popped in a piece of sugar free gum and got to baking. Not even 1 sneak of dough. Small victories!

I'm down another 1.1 lbs since Thurs. At my analysis, my hydration is up and my lean mass is up 0.5 lbs. this diet is restrictive, but it does pay off! I'm excited for the possibility of sporting a bikini come spring

I'm trying to make some commotion so we get some more traffic! Come out come out wherever you are!!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #23  
Motivated Member

It's Dannon Light and Fit greek yogurt. 80 cal, 12 G protein and so creamy and yummy
We r packing up to head to FL for Christmas so buying fruit and veggies to make a nice guilt free tray to snack on.
I've been eating the Protidiet protein Oatmeal in the am lately and it's really good . Keeps me full too and feels like a treat
Will have to admit- too many parties so I've been off plan a bit but am trying to at least maintain and just make the best choices I can. Will be fully on board Jan 1st!!
Merry Christmas everyone!!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #24  
Motivated Member

Hello Ladies
Way to go Christina on your weight loss and Patzi- you always amaze me w your continued success
We will be camping at the beach for Christmas so planning on lots of beach walks with our very active dogs! All the food will be mostly protein and healthy - plus I'll have my Jones of NY tight jeans to wear so can't really eat a lot.. Lol!!
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and please keep sharing!
Old 12-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #25  

How did Christmas go for everyone? I was so excited on Wednesday I was down to 144, even after Christmas Eve the same. Fudged a bit on Christmas Day, and 149 since. What? I'm so disappointed in myself We did take the kids to a waterpark and I feel more confident, so I guess that's nice. I'm constantly battling with my inner glutton who likes chips and fried flour tacos and iced caramel macchiatos.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina2927 View Post
How did Christmas go for everyone? I was so excited on Wednesday I was down to 144, even after Christmas Eve the same. Fudged a bit on Christmas Day, and 149 since. What? I'm so disappointed in myself We did take the kids to a waterpark and I feel more confident, so I guess that's nice. I'm constantly battling with my inner glutton who likes chips and fried flour tacos and iced caramel macchiatos.
I stayed on maintenance program, but there was lots of eating out and eating at other people's houses, and don't know how food was prepared and I gained 5 pounds, and this is alot.. So I am on strict green menu now. I think lots of the food must have had lots of sugar , fat in it that I was unaware of..I did not eat any of the pastries. So, I have my hands full right now.. I will not get weighed in this coming week, I need time to start the strict diet. Will keep you informed in a couple of days.. I am back on he Old green menu, not the New one.

Patzi
Old 12-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #27  

Weighed in and lost 1.5 this week. So, a total of 7 so far! The lady at the center said I should stick to lean meats if I want to see quicker loss. I'm just happy to see loss over the holidays!! My next weigh in will be the 8th.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:16 AM   #28  

She what does maintenance look like on the plan? Is it pretty much going back to the preconditioning menu?
Old 12-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #29  
Motivated Member

way to go Christina! I'm back to drinking lots of water, salads w/ lean protein for lunch and dinner, stepping up my HNS's.
Gained 5 lbs. but know that is mostly water weight and just maybe chocolate . I've also stepped up my activity. my DH bought me a Garmin Vivofit so I'm tracking my steps. starting out at 8,000 but trying for 10,000. since I received it Dec. 25th, I've reached my goal everyday. even at work when im on my cell phone, I'm walking and talking!
happy new year everyone!
Old 12-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina2927 View Post
She what does maintenance look like on the plan? Is it pretty much going back to the preconditioning menu?
They will take you thru a maintenance course, where additional foods are added, and they give you a calorie count, but I never have counted calories while on plan..

One can never go back to their way of eating which got them in trouble with weight gain.. This is a new way of life, and the mainteance plan that I have made for myself is wide, but healthy..

From the 5 pounds I gained, I am down 1, 4 pounds to go..

Patzi