Old 10-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
That's fantastic Patzi
Thanks for sharing!
I made a low fat chopped sirloin meatloaf last night in my Amazing Meat loaf pan. It's sold on Infomercials but found one in the store. All the fat goes to bottom of pan and the meatloaf lifts out. It was so good! I added a can of hot Rotel tomatoes w haberneros, and chopped green onions, handful crushed garlic croutons. Topped w some of the Rotel and ketchup. Served w a big salad w romaine, and chopped Dole mix splash of Raspberry Vinegarette.
My DH loved it!
My pants are getting looser and I have to watch when I sit down because they are sliding down!! Lol. Just say NO to crack! :
��

Thanks for sharing meatloaf recipe. We do not eat red meat, but I can make it with ground chicken or ground turkey . I love a meatloaf, as you have for lunch, snack when hunger hits, and it freezes well.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #47  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

So after trying to go it alone, I went and signed back up for Metabolic More. I was still within a year of my plan, so it was only $99. I'll be moving to Ireland in January, and want to get at least to where I was last Christmas (so down about 20-25 lbs).

My center is under new management. The girl I met with when I re-upped was fine with me not buying the supplements and using my own vitamins, etc. Went in on Monday afternoon and I'm already down 3.8 lbs. Not too shabby.

I made the MRC Soft Taco Casserole last night and it was great! I added some bell peppers to mine as well. Delicious and hit the spot for me as a Mexican food junkie.

So far I really like the new menu, for nothing else as it is just easier to follow. I also like that they've become less strict on brands. My center used to get upset with me if I didn't use the La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas. I simply couldn't find them, so I went with a similar brand that I could find that was about 10 calories more. This time she said, "Oh, just tear off a little bit of the tortilla and don't eat that."

I asked about exercise while on program and she was all for it, with no restrictions. That makes me and my fitbit very happy!
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHarpie View Post
So after trying to go it alone, I went and signed back up for Metabolic More. I was still within a year of my plan, so it was only $99. I'll be moving to Ireland in January, and want to get at least to where I was last Christmas (so down about 20-25 lbs).

My center is under new management. The girl I met with when I re-upped was fine with me not buying the supplements and using my own vitamins, etc. Went in on Monday afternoon and I'm already down 3.8 lbs. Not too shabby.

I made the MRC Soft Taco Casserole last night and it was great! I added some bell peppers to mine as well. Delicious and hit the spot for me as a Mexican food junkie.

So far I really like the new menu, for nothing else as it is just easier to follow. I also like that they've become less strict on brands. My center used to get upset with me if I didn't use the La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas. I simply couldn't find them, so I went with a similar brand that I could find that was about 10 calories more. This time she said, "Oh, just tear off a little bit of the tortilla and don't eat that."

I asked about exercise while on program and she was all for it, with no restrictions. That makes me and my fitbit very happy!
May I ask where you received the MRC Soft Taco Casserole recipe? That sounds nice to me. I also like Mexican food.. Glad you joined as I know I could never do it alone.. I am so weak, I still pay for maintenance each year, but it makes me accountable. Good luck to you on your weight loss challenge.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 10-23-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #49  
Beware the Harpie

Patzi: here's the recipe. I actually have found really good ones for free on the emetabolic site, which is good because I cannot find my cookbook anywhere!

MRC Soft Taco Casserole
Old 10-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHarpie View Post
Patzi: here's the recipe. I actually have found really good ones for free on the emetabolic site, which is good because I cannot find my cookbook anywhere!

MRC Soft Taco Casserole
Thank you very much.. I will definately try this. I don't use any of the MRC supplements, and I will have to substitute Tomato Basil Supplement with something else, but that should not be that difficult..

Bigdog mentioned the emetabolic site, and I keep forgetting to go there, but I have bookmarked it and will make it a habit.

Patzi
Old 10-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #51  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone!
I'm chugging water hoping to flush out whatever LOL! So I'll have a good weigh in tomorrow am . At least one pound loss please!!!
The Emetabolic website (Emetabolic.com) has a lot of great information and recipes. I couldn't figure out how to copy link but here's some info that is shared on the site

October is a great month to get out and exercise, but there is no doubt that Halloween can totally throw off your weight loss and exercise routine if you let it. Consider these (very spooky) statistics:

Americans spend over $2 billion (yes that’s billion with a B!) dollars annually on Halloween candy.

Americans purchase over 600 million pounds of candy, which is equivalent to the weight of almost 6 Titanic ships!

The average person will consume nearly a pound and a quarter of candy during Halloween, equaling roughly 33 fun sized candy bars or around 5000 calories.

Unfortunately, most of us have no choice but to participate in the annual Halloween ritual; even if we don’t have children to take trick or treating, we still have parties to go to and candy to buy for all the trick or treaters in the neighborhood. And if we’re not careful, having all this candy on hand can throw our diets totally out of whack.

The good news is that with some determination and deliberate steps, we can keep Halloween from turning us into pumpkin-shaped figures. Here are 10 ways to avoid the perils of Halloween candy:

Get Leverage on Yourself

Before the big day approaches, it is important to decide that this holiday is not going to destroy your momentum and hinder you from your weight loss goals. The best way to cement this decision into your subconscious is to get lots of leverage on yourself. In other words, associate lots of pain to eating Halloween candy and lots of pleasure to avoiding it. Start by making a list of all the things this candy will cost you, and all you will gain by avoiding it. Stack up the negatives of eating lots of candy -- even exaggerate them if you want to – whatever it takes to give yourself the motivation you need to stay out of the candy bowl this Halloween. Then visualize yourself making the right choices and succeeding in not letting Halloween destroy your diet.

Be Accountable

Many people are afraid to share their weight loss goals with family and friends for fear of failure. But sometimes just the fact that you don’t want to let someone else down is motivation enough to get you through a few difficult hours. Tell somebody – actually, tell as many people as you’re comfortable telling – about your goals for cultivating a new you and the program you are on at MRC. Ask them to help you stay away from the candy. You may be surprised how helpful and supportive your family and friends can be.

Procrastinate on Buying your Halloween Candy

In most areas of life, we are told not to procrastinate. Halloween is one of those few areas when it is actually good to break that rule. Sure, you may get a better deal if you buy your candy in advance, but if you know full well that the temptation to dip into it will be near impossible to resist, then there is no money in the world that can make it worthwhile. The best strategy is to wait until the day of (or maybe the day before) to buy your candy. This will give you far less opportunity to give into temptation.

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Along these same lines, if you do happen to buy your candy in advance, stash it somewhere where it won’t be visible until you break it out on Halloween night. Also, during the week at work, find a way to avoid the candy bowl near your desk. And if it is too close for you to avoid, see #5.

Buy Candy you Don’t Like

This applies to both home and office. If there is a candy dish close to your desk at the office, offer to fill it with candy you don’t like. At home, buy only candy you don’t like (and won’t be tempted by) to hand out to the kids that come to your door.

Consider Fun Alternatives to Hand Out Instead of Candy

There’s no law that says you have to hand out candy on Halloween. There are lots of fun alternatives you can find at your local dollar store or even make yourself. If creativity is your thing, this may be just the solution you’re looking for to keep the candy out of your house completely.

Empty your Candy Bowl

Whatever you decide to give out (and especially if it is candy), make sure to get rid of it all. Even if you have several pieces left when that last trick or treater comes around, make their day by giving it all away. You will thank yourself the next day that you did the right thing.

Stay Full and Keep Hydrated

When you go out to your parties, the rule of thumb is to make sure you have already eaten (something healthy of course!) and drink plenty of water. Studies suggest that roughly half the time we feel hungry, it is really just thirst and water would satisfy it. Shoot for drinking about half your weight in ounces of water daily if possible.

Be the Social Butterfly you Know you Are

One of the best ways to stay away from the food at parties is to socialize. The more people you talk to and mingle with, the less you will think about food. At the end of the night, you will feel more connected with your friends at the party and you’ll feel good about yourself for avoiding the junk food and sticking to your diet.

Don’t Go Anywhere Empty-Handed

When you are socializing with those at the party, it is helpful to have something healthy to drink in hand to keep your mind off of other (not so good) drinks and foods. One of our protein drinks are a great choice. A warm mug of MRC Creamy Hot Cocoa with a dusting of Pumpkin Pie Spice would be perfect.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #52  

Bigdog...

Nicely said.. Thanks for taking the time to post this.. I never ate any Halloween Candy before maintenance.. What I use to do is make a bundle of candy for the trick of treaters, and put it in a small Halloween Bag with a ribbon around it,t herefore I could not visually see the candy.. If any was left over, would bring into work and give to my employees. If one is serious about losing weight they have to make up their mind of a new way of eating and a new way of life, and while on MRC, candy is not it. You can have some in moderation when you hit
Maitenance.

Listen to Bigdog, be prepared, so that you do not go off program.

If I went to a Halloween Party, I would take my own drinks, and I would take bars , if I felt I may slip and it always worked. Bigdog said, never be empty handed.. That is soooo true.

Wishing everyone good luck on this next Halloween challenge. You can do it. You need to be committed to this diet to make it work.

Patzi
Old 10-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #53  
Motivated Member

The Halloween tips were from the Emetabolic website- it really does have some great motivational tips and recipes. I have German Shepherds so most kids won't come to the door so we don't do Halloween. They bark their fool heads off! So won't be tempted by candy
I weighed in yesterday and lost 2 pounds and 8 inches! Woo hoo! My regular counselor wasn't there and the lady from the other center was there who I really like . I asked her how often I should be measured and she looked at my chart and saw I had only been measured once and that was by her. Anyway I'm not sure if 8 inches was good or not in a month. We were laughing because I lost an inch in my knees
She is so motivating - I was all pumped up when I left ready to continue the journey. I bought some of the assorted protein bars and I told her I always keep one in my purse for emergencies to avoid fast food and she thought that was a great idea. Told me to drink a clear HNS and have a bar if I'm missing a meal.
She gave me a really cool journal that I can write in and keep notes (notes, track food, water, etc). She said to bring it in and review w counselor and you earn points to win prizes! The cover has "I'm Doing This For Me!" On it.
Make sure you ask for one at the center. Free!
My 12 weeks are up in 2 weeks so my options are 10 more weeks for $99 or 17 weeks for $128. 17 weeks plus one year maintenance for $228.
So I need to decide in 2 weeks. I will prob do the 17 weeks and one year maintenance because w my track record as soon as I reach my goal- I start backsliding and gain it back. Patzi- you are my inspiration on doing maintenance
I feel so much better on this plan, lots of energy, feel stronger and not bloated and tired like before w all those carbs I was eating.
Celtic- glad they told you to exercise - it is very important. If any of the Counselors tell you not to exercise- that is just so wrong! And crazy.

Good luck everyone and please keep sharing!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
The Halloween tips were from the Emetabolic website- it really does have some great motivational tips and recipes. I have German Shepherds so most kids won't come to the door so we don't do Halloween. They bark their fool heads off! So won't be tempted by candy
I weighed in yesterday and lost 2 pounds and 8 inches! Woo hoo! My regular counselor wasn't there and the lady from the other center was there who I really like . I asked her how often I should be measured and she looked at my chart and saw I had only been measured once and that was by her. Anyway I'm not sure if 8 inches was good or not in a month. We were laughing because I lost an inch in my knees
She is so motivating - I was all pumped up when I left ready to continue the journey. I bought some of the assorted protein bars and I told her I always keep one in my purse for emergencies to avoid fast food and she thought that was a great idea. Told me to drink a clear HNS and have a bar if I'm missing a meal.
She gave me a really cool journal that I can write in and keep notes (notes, track food, water, etc). She said to bring it in and review w counselor and you earn points to win prizes! The cover has "I'm Doing This For Me!" On it.
Make sure you ask for one at the center. Free!
My 12 weeks are up in 2 weeks so my options are 10 more weeks for $99 or 17 weeks for $128. 17 weeks plus one year maintenance for $228.
So I need to decide in 2 weeks. I will prob do the 17 weeks and one year maintenance because w my track record as soon as I reach my goal- I start backsliding and gain it back. Patzi- you are my inspiration on doing maintenance
I feel so much better on this plan, lots of energy, feel stronger and not bloated and tired like before w all those carbs I was eating.
Celtic- glad they told you to exercise - it is very important. If any of the Counselors tell you not to exercise- that is just so wrong! And crazy.

Good luck everyone and please keep sharing!
I would do the 17 weeks plus one year maintenance, then you are really covered... You are like me, I need the motivations.. I received one of those journals also. Forgot to mention it.

Patzi
Old 10-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #55  

I buy the BariWise Meal Replacements from Diet Direct, to have for emergencies.
I buy the chocolate, strawberry and the vanilla.

My friend, also on maintenance with MRC told me to try 1/2 package of the Meal Replacement and add one of the Hot Chocolate that I get from Diet Direct, so I tried 1/2 pkg of chocolate Meal replacement, instead of full package and 1 package hot chocolate, amaretta flavored.. It was all cold with lots of ice.. Was that good and I am telling you I am so full, that I could not eat a thing if I tried. I always take shakes with me when I am away , which will be this Thanksgiving, so glad I tried it out.

Patzi
Old 10-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #56  

As I had mentioned previously, I will be away at Thanksgiving, and this home does not eat healthy, so I always bring food for myself .

This dish freezes well.. I make in an 8x8 dish and I cut in 4 individual servings. You may use a muffin pan and make individual muffins, but I prefer the dish. It is really plenty with a cup of coffee and if you are allowed carbs or fruit in morning, you may want to add that, but I just have the piece of veggie quiche, as I count the veggies as my carbs. Protein count is 9 grams of protein , 2 grams of fiber... Sometimes I will have a home made sausage patty with it..

Please exchange ingredients to fit into your weight loss plan if need be

1 pkgs (10 oz) frozen spinach
3/4 cup egg beaters
3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese Choice is yours
1/4 cup diced green peppers
1/4 cup diced onions
Seasonings.. I use no salt , pepper and basil and oregano. You may add 3 drops of hot -pepper sauce which is optional, but the choice is yours.

Instructions. Microwave spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high and drain all excess liquid and fluff with fork .

Combine egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Pour into sprayed pan . Bake 20-30 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. My oven takes 30 minutes, but others may be less, so check after 20 minutes.

May be frozen and reheated in microwave.

Remember, any combination of appropriate veggies and reduced fat cheese may be used.

If you change this recipe, please let me know as I am always looking for
new ways to make a recipe.

I freeze this in individual pieces(4) and I will not put it in cooler until I am ready to go out the door.. I will have a 5 hour drive, so if it defrosts some, I will just leave in fridge when I get there as it will be fine.
Enjoy.
Patzi
Old 10-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #57  
Motivated Member

Thanks, Patzi!!!
That is so funny you posted this because I was just thinking of this recipe you had posted awhile ago and was going to ask you to repost

I boil eggs on Sunday for the week and peel and eat on the way to work (15 min commute) or eat at work while my coworkers are eating pumpkin bread or Chick FIL A chicken biscuits! I drink my Double Stuffed cookie Syntrax Nectar protein shake w frozen strawberries blended in my Oster mini blender in the am.

This would be a nice change and a good way to get more veggies in.

My girlfriend celebrated her bday all weekend so had a little too much champagne! So chugging water today and planning on 2 power walks and cycling today. Am not stepping on a scale until Tuesday!
Did ok food wise and was on plan- the alcohol is where I slip up on the weekends. Will be drinking 4 HNSs today to up the protein.
How did everyone do this week?
Old 10-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #58  
Beware the Harpie

This was my first week back on plan. As of this morning, I was down 8 lbs! Though that's without clothes, something I can't replicate at the center tomorrow during my official weigh in Going to head out to walk the dog in a few.

Had the open faced breakfast sandwich recipe from the metabolic site. Wow! Felt like I was cheating

Also found a new salad dressing that I'm excited about. Meets the equal or less than 3g of fat and carbs rule. I was getting bored with the Zesty Italian Going to do lots of prep for the week today.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #59  

I went to college with a friend who now lives in London and she is on a High Protein Diet over there with counseling...

She sent me this recipe.. See what you think

I was thinking instead of the cocoa powder, maybe the cocoa I get from Diet Direct would substitute it, but not sure.

Here is the recipe.. If anyone wants to add any ideas to this before I try it go for it. I will check back before I make it.

Frozen Yogurt, Serves 1

1 cup fat -free plain Greek Yogurt
2 teaspoons organic cocoa powder
1/8 tsp. stevia or to taste( I use Now liquid Stevia, and will use that) I am sure you could use splenda on this.

Mix yogurt with stevia and cocoa powder. Freeze 30 minutes, stir and let freeze to desired consistency 1-3 hours.

People on maintenane could add a few walnuts to this, but I think this new MRC has nuts on the menu .

Patzi
Old 10-26-2014, 08:37 PM   #60  
Motivated Member

Hi Celtic! Fantastic loss! Woo hoo!
What salad dressing did you find that u like?

Patzi - I have all those ingredients . Making it now