Old 09-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default September MRC 2014

Here we go to a new month and to thinner healthier lifestyles!
Share, share, share your helpful menus, recipes, fitness plans, your successes and roadblocks!
Bad day? Move on, chug some water , get moving and make TODAY a good day!
Patzi, one counselor told me 50% protein, 25% carbs and 25% fat and the 2nd one told me 60, 30, 10.
I asked if there was a MRC app so u could just plug in your food journal and she said it may be in the works. They were having a conference in Jacksonville to go over some new developments.
She's on maintenance and said she'll use her app recorder so she'll remember to write it down later.
What does everyone else use to track?

Last edited by bigdog; 09-01-2014 at 12:35 PM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Here we go to a new month and to thinner healthier lifestyles!
Share, share, share your helpful menus, recipes, fitness plans, your successes and roadblocks!
Bad day? Move on, chug some water , get moving and make TODAY a good day!
Patzi, one counselor told me 50% protein, 25% carbs and 25% fat and the 2nd one told me 60, 30, 10.
I asked if there was a MRC app so u could just plug in your food journal and she said it may be in the works. They were having a conference in Jacksonville to go over some new developments.
She's on maintenance and said she'll use her app recorder so she'll remember to write it down later.
What does everyone else use to track?
Thanks Big Dog... I may chanage to 50,25,25 if I can't keep fat down..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #3  
Motivated Member

Patzi, you are so successful at maintaining and staying on plan. You most likely know better than they do! . I think too they prob don't want to give us TOO much info on using something that isn't MRC or we wouldn't "need" them !
I love this diet and adding the HNSs so you don't get hungry and gain muscle is pretty genius!
Old 09-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/216/140

Height: 4'11"

Here is to a new week and a new month.

I use my fitness pal to track it is much easier than writing it down because I always have some device on me that I can quickly pull out and track.

I hope everyone had a great Monday.
cmmnsnsfml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #5  
Motivated Member

I love that I can scan foods in on the Fitness Pal and it gives me calories, fat, carbs, protein.... I've even set up a reminder so I get a text telling me to enter my stuff
Old 09-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #6  

Hello....

I had maintenance weigh in and I put on the 2 pounds I took off last week, so I maintained at my 5 pounds under goal.. Sometimes a body will not lose any weight, and I can maintain at 5 pounds under, so will stay there.

Wishing y'all a great weight loss week.

Patzi
Old 09-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #7  

Question on FitnessPal.com

I had a power breakfast at Panera Bread this morning.. It was the one that
was the egg white , spinach , avocado, told them to hold the cheese, and it came with the whole grain sprouted roll. I only had half of the roll and gave the other half to hubby.

How would I post that on fitnesspal. Do I do it individually on each item I had?

Thanks
Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 09-02-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 216/216/140

Height: 4'11"

At one time paneras website had the functionality to get custom nutrition information but a quick glance it looks like they've removed that functionality so I would enter individual components.
cmmnsnsfml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmnsnsfml View Post
At one time paneras website had the functionality to get custom nutrition information but a quick glance it looks like they've removed that functionality so I would enter individual components.
thank you
Patzi
Old 09-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Weighed in today... only 1.5 down, was hoping for a little more but I guess I can't expect that the week of TOM. Oh well, hoping for a little more next week. Time to refill my water.....
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #11  
Motivated Member

CMN, that's a great loss! Especially during the TOM. Pick up a one pound weight and imagine that on your body.
I lost another 2 pounds (my scales) and finally saw 198! My official weigh in at the center is Friday .... I am chugging water like crazy and eating on plan. Going on a beach vacation Saturday for 9 days!! Woo hoo!
We are taking our bikes and kayaks and plan on walking the beach a zillion times with the dogs so hoping to continue losing.
I will be drinking some HNS Margaritas made w sugar free Margarita mix (10 cal), tequila and pink lemonade HNS or pomegranate. I usually just have a couple a day and drink tons of water.
This is funny and I probably won't mention this to my counselor but we went on the boat Sunday and my DH ate a sub and I had beef jerky and celery sticks and a dill pickle! And lost weight this week. Beef jerky is high in protein and very low in carbs and fat. Sodium is high but I flushed that out w water .
I have my Melba toast packed to eat when my DH will be pigging out on spicy hot Cheetos ! Today I was rushing around, missed lunch and had a spicy V8 and protein bar.
Better than fast food or TV dinner but did wish I had been better prepared.
Hope everyone is doing well- Think Thin!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:05 AM   #12  
Motivated Member

Gumdrop - we can do this! One day at a time. The main thing I need to remember is to have cut up veggies, fruit, lean meats, Greek yogurt, eggs etcetera on hand so I don't get hungry and make a bad choice that will set me back.
Happy Thin Thoughts!!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #13  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Gumdrop - we can do this! One day at a time. The main thing I need to remember is to have cut up veggies, fruit, lean meats, Greek yogurt, eggs etcetera on hand so I don't get hungry and make a bad choice that will set me back.
Happy Thin Thoughts!!
Crazy what a difference it makes when you take 20-30 minutes to just cut up veggies for the week. I've got greek yogurt, veggies, lots of lettuce, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, and roasted chicken all on hand this week...doing great.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #14  

Hello everyone,

I started MRC in June and have lost 20 pounds. I am in college and since it started last week, I am having problems with keeping up with the diet. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Also, I know this has been discussed many times but what are some good HNS alternatives? With college, it gets hard to pay for everything. I know diet direct and nausha has some HNS but I don't think the prices are really different from the MRC ones. I have started to eat Pure protein bars (which are $1 each at Payless) and they have been working well for me but I can't find the right clear HNS.

Thank you for the help and I am loving this September thread since there is a lot of people talking instead like the ones before.
ahuazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuazz View Post
Hello everyone,

I started MRC in June and have lost 20 pounds. I am in college and since it started last week, I am having problems with keeping up with the diet. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Also, I know this has been discussed many times but what are some good HNS alternatives? With college, it gets hard to pay for everything. I know diet direct and nausha has some HNS but I don't think the prices are really different from the MRC ones. I have started to eat Pure protein bars (which are $1 each at Payless) and they have been working well for me but I can't find the right clear HNS.

Thank you for the help and I am loving this September thread since there is a lot of people talking instead like the ones before.
The only place I have ever found HNS that were identical to MRC ones is Diet Direct and I only buy when they are on sale. My friends says she buys her from Nashua, Nutrition, but do not know if they are the same..

Has MRC switched you over to the new Menu. It is so much better than the one I started on.. More options. Good luck on your weight loss challenge

Patzi