Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Question for the repeaters now doing Metabolic More

Ok, so I'm not asking anyone to send me a menu. I am just curious about the differences between the old menus and the new Metabolic More. I was happy with my progress and ultimately meeting my goal on the old plan. Like many of you, I received a post card inviting me back for 12 weeks at $99. I'm assuming that would put me on the new Metabolic More plan. I had started over using my old plan and not so happy with the slow results, but that's because I wasn't all in. I am now.

So... the question. For those of you that have done the old and are now doing the new... is it better? I understand from reading some of the posts that there are a few added food choices but aside from that? Just trying to justify why I need to spend $99+ to do what I am already doing....

thanks!
Carla B.

Last edited by cmb9697; 08-19-2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: correct spelling
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
Ok, so I'm not asking anyone to send me a menu. I am just curious about the differences between the old menus and the new Metabolic More. I was happy with my progress and ultimately meeting my goal on the old plan. Like many of you, I received a post card inviting me back for 12 weeks at $99. I'm assuming that would put me on the new Metabolic More plan. I had started over using my old plan and not so happy with the slow results, but that's because I wasn't all in. I am now.

So... the question. For those of you that have done the old and are now doing the new... is it better? I understand from reading some of the posts that there are a few added food choices but aside from that? Just trying to justify why I need to spend $99+ to do what I am already doing....

thanks!
Carla B.
The new menu is really awesome and lots of changes, the $99 for twelve weeks is pretty good, I paid $99 for only ten weeks. So if you aren't happy with your current progress then I would say go for the new more menu, its more user friendly and to me much easier, goodluck
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #3  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Well, day 1 and I pulled out the exercise bike and am actually on it! My DH is on the couch eating butter popcorn and Oreos and annoying me. Every time he leaves the room, I shoot him the finger. LOL!! He did buy me some fat free cottage cheese ( I asked for lite), carrots (will give then to coworkers tomorrow), cukes, lettuce, mushrooms. YAY!! Anyway, no biggie- he's not on the diet so he can do what he wants. He did grill a flank steak which was perfect over the salad. the counselor and I have already discussed food pushers and sabotagers and that's why I don't tell anyone when I start a "diet" . They start watching me and offering advice. I will only listen to you guys!!
Ok to get to the point - I rejoined because I obviously can't do it on my own- I gained 39 pounds!!!since I left MRC. When I know someone is going to weigh me, I'll stick to the plan. Crazy but that's just the way it is. I have too many challenges, food pushers, sabotagers (sp) in my life. This forces me to plan and get back in control. I told my DH that as we get older- I do not want the health problems both of our parents had- right now I take no meds, have low cholesterol and blood pressure but that won't last if I continue to gain or stay at this weight. I have my furry children to raise. Lol

Last edited by bigdog; 08-19-2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Rambling. Lol
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #4  

Just came back from the center. I caved and went ahead and bought in for 12 weeks. I kind of like getting the Tanita readings and I suppose the accountability is a big piece for me too. Oh well, at least now I have the new menu and can see that there ARE some good changes. ok, here we go!!!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #5  
Motivated Member

Yay!! Did u get the preconditioning menu?
Old 08-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #6  

Yes, She wanted me to start on preconditioning, but I reminded her that I had been doing the old plan on my own for the last 5 weeks or so, drinking the HNS, etc.... and I felt by going back to preconditioning would halt whatever progress was already in motion. She seemed to agree that just switching over to the Metabolic More would be a seamless transition. But then she said that I don't need the preconditioning menu. I said I'd like to have it anyway since #1, I'm paying for it, and #2, I hope to never need it again but just in case I end up starting over again in the future I'll have it. And so, she gave that to me too.

I feel a little bit like a sucker because even though there are changes, I probably would have been fine doing the old way and could have saved myself $99. But then I probably would be beating myself up because I would be always wondering what I might be missing.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #7  
Motivated Member

Not sure what I'll weigh tomorrow at the center but I'm 3 lbs down at home and I weighed in this evening!
My appt is noonish so hopefully it will reflect a loss there
I just typed a mini book and hit a button on iPhone and deleted
Love reading all the motivating posts and look forward to many more including great food finds, recipes etc
U guys will be the first to know of my loss!!