Old 07-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #61  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
AshleyRae

If your maintenance contract has not expired, you are due a new menu just for asking.. I always buy maintenance on a yearly basis, as it is cheaper. I am paid up until mid 2015..I thought maintenance was free when I was losing, but it is not. You need to pay for it.

Patzi
Patzi thanks for posting I asked my center after my maintenance was up if I could still buy product and they told me I could. Is there a cheaper fee for maintenance?
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Patzi thanks for posting I asked my center after my maintenance was up if I could still buy product and they told me I could. Is there a cheaper fee for maintenance?
I ask my center to let me know when maintenance deals come up and I usually by them.. However, the last one was $129.00 for the year and that is not a deal, but time was up. I personally feel this is steep, but I will keep buying them, as I need the direction of the center and weigh in.. One time at the beginning one deal was $59.00 and that is a deal but have not seen that again. If you were a Weight Watcher Member, once you hit maintenance one does not pay as long as you stay so many pounds under goal, but that may have changed now, as that was a long time ago.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #63  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
I ask my center to let me know when maintenance deals come up and I usually by them.. However, the last one was $129.00 for the year and that is not a deal, but time was up. I personally feel this is steep, but I will keep buying them, as I need the direction of the center and weigh in.. One time at the beginning one deal was $59.00 and that is a deal but have not seen that again. If you were a Weight Watcher Member, once you hit maintenance one does not pay as long as you stay so many pounds under goal, but that may have changed now, as that was a long time ago.

Patzi
Wow $129 that is steep, I wouldn't mind the $59 for maintenance. I figured up my cost for the first time I did MRC and then the second time I did 10wks and with the first time charge of $300 and then second time $99 and all the supplements and HNS drinks I've spent roughly $3200 in two yrs. I didn't hit my goal until second time around. I do take their EFA and vitamins , I really like them. And Weight Watchers after you hit maintenance and stay within I believe it's 2lbs over you don't have to pay. You become a lifetime member
Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #64  

Well, I am almost to the 20lbs lost mark! Started on June 13 at 177 and am now - finally - in the 150s (159)! 2 more pounds to go to reach 20, but hitting the 150s is such a gratifying landmark

I splurged last weekend though and had 4.1 oz of zucchini lol!

Speaking of zucchini: it is hard for me to comprehend the following. It takes about 1/2 or so of a zucchini steamed to hit 4 oz. BUT when I bake thin slices of zucchini and make "chips" it takes 4 or 5 zucchinis to hit 4 oz. Is this really allowable?

Second question I wanna put out there: I LOVE sushi. Does anyone know if superwhite tuna sashimi would be allowable? It tastes like butter, so surely not, but I just wanted to get some opinions if anyone wants to weigh in on the subject.

Anyway, happy Friday to all! Now, on to breakfast of turkey breast, grapefruit and supplements
postgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 194.5/188.5/144.00

Today was my last checkin before we leave for 8 days on vacation... a Cruise at that.

Good news is... 4 weeks in, 15 lbs down and 17 total inches gone!

Bad news is... Cruise starts on Monday and I'm TERRIFIED. We got me fixed up with HNS, shakes, bars, fat and carb blocker and B6... so hopefully, mass food production won't kill me too much!!!!
Athtrnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athtrnr View Post
Today was my last checkin before we leave for 8 days on vacation... a Cruise at that.

Good news is... 4 weeks in, 15 lbs down and 17 total inches gone!

Bad news is... Cruise starts on Monday and I'm TERRIFIED. We got me fixed up with HNS, shakes, bars, fat and carb blocker and B6... so hopefully, mass food production won't kill me too much!!!!
Enjoy your trip and make the best choices you can. Do not be terrified. I went on two cruises while on weight loss challenge and one I did not gain, other I gained 2 pounds and was able to take it off in a week. My trick was fat and carb blocker, and I ate protein, veggies and watched the fat, ate no sweets and watched the carbs. Even if you go for the buffets lots of food to stay on program. You will be fine, just enjoy yourself and look forward to your trip.

That is a great weight & inch loss in 4 weeks .

patzi
Old 07-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by postgirl View Post
Well, I am almost to the 20lbs lost mark! Started on June 13 at 177 and am now - finally - in the 150s (159)! 2 more pounds to go to reach 20, but hitting the 150s is such a gratifying landmark

I splurged last weekend though and had 4.1 oz of zucchini lol!

Speaking of zucchini: it is hard for me to comprehend the following. It takes about 1/2 or so of a zucchini steamed to hit 4 oz. BUT when I bake thin slices of zucchini and make "chips" it takes 4 or 5 zucchinis to hit 4 oz. Is this really allowable?

Second question I wanna put out there: I LOVE sushi. Does anyone know if superwhite tuna sashimi would be allowable? It tastes like butter, so surely not, but I just wanted to get some opinions if anyone wants to weigh in on the subject.

Anyway, happy Friday to all! Now, on to breakfast of turkey breast, grapefruit and supplements
Hello...
As far as the zucchini, I measure when cooked, regardless of how many veggies it took to get there. I make the chips and bake them, as that how you do it. Please share recipe, as I am on maintenance now, but love zucchini chips as a snack if I feel like a carb product.

As far as the superwhite tuna sashimi I don't know what to say there. I would ask my consultant, as they could advise you there. Sushi is a popular item, and who knows, maybe it is a go.. Let us know.

Patzi
Old 07-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #68  
Sherry, Senior Member

Weigh in Saturday for maintenance and stayed the same, still under goal! I did get the copy of the new menu and wow! Wish I had that when I went thru it, sure will make it easier for the newbies! Love how they are always doing research, one thing I did notice is that they told me you have to drink 4 HNS's a day!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Weigh in Saturday for maintenance and stayed the same, still under goal! I did get the copy of the new menu and wow! Wish I had that when I went thru it, sure will make it easier for the newbies! Love how they are always doing research, one thing I did notice is that they told me you have to drink 4 HNS's a day!
Skelly... Congrats on maintaining and being under goal. You are doing fantastic. Yes, the new menu would have been much easier to handle .

I was always told 4 HNS.. Three clear and one creamy. Do you still take your HNS now that you are maintaining?

Patzi
Old 07-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #70  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Skelly... Congrats on maintaining and being under goal. You are doing fantastic. Yes, the new menu would have been much easier to handle .

I was always told 4 HNS.. Three clear and one creamy. Do you still take your HNS now that you are maintaining?

Patzi
Patzi,

Thank you, and you have helped me get thru some of the trying times.!!!
I keep a box of the peach mango powder HNS's only because I love the taste and I only drink water 95% of the time. Once in a while i'll have unsweet tea with splenda but mostly water!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #71  

Had maintenance weigh in this morning, and maintained. Still 5 pounds under goal.. I am being very careful, as I have a wedding in September.

Patzi
Old 07-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #72  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Had maintenance weigh in this morning, and maintained. Still 5 pounds under goal.. I am being very careful, as I have a wedding in September.

Patzi
Congrats Patzi on staying under your goal. You are always doing great!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #73  

Hey y'all

So it's been forever that i have not showed ketosis but my center says its fine, not everyone shows it. But I use to show it when I started the program. Does anyone have any thought on this?
ahuazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:54 AM   #74  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Need some motivation!!!! Our town just had a 10 day festival w beer trucks, junk food, bands every night so it was crazy fun!
Time to start the weight loss!!

The center never called me back so I need to contact them soon to see if I want to rejoin!!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuazz View Post
Hey y'all

So it's been forever that i have not showed ketosis but my center says its fine, not everyone shows it. But I use to show it when I started the program. Does anyone have any thought on this?
I am on maintenance now, and I was never told anything about ketosis when I was losing. I have 5 friends that started MRC same time as I did and they never were told about it either.. However, some on this forum have... I lost all my weight without counting calories of accounting for ketosis... I just stayed with the menus and the HNS..

Patzi