3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

June 2014 MRC

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,254

Default June 2014 MRC

This is a new post for June.

Wishing y'all a great weight loss month. OOps forgot to put in 2014.. Anyone know how I can edit it. I tried but nothing ...

Patzi

Last edited by patzi : 06-05-2014 at 08:18 AM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
AshleyRae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 248

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

I'm debating whether to go weigh-in today or tomorrow. I weighed myself this morning and was the lowest I've ever been (that I can actually remember). I typically go to the center on Tuesdays and Fridays, but I think I may drop by today before tomorrow's inevitable bloat (if you know what I mean). Hahaha! I'm below my stated goal, and I've still got until the 24th of this month. A girlfriend told me yesterday that I looked like I weighed 120 and my husband, who is not a verbalizer, has repeatedly told me I look great. I'm a happy, happy camper. I'm now flirting with a size 10, solidly in size 12s, and feeling fit. I'm afraid if I lost much more I'd look unhealthy, so I think I'll stay right about here.
Mom is killing it, and has dropped 29 pounds. Her goal is a size 14 missus, and she's basically there. Her size 16s are awfully baggy and the size 14 women's pants are baggy, too.
I wish all of my friends struggling with their weight would join MRC!

How is everyone doing this week?
__________________
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,254

Default

Ashley Rae...

You and Mom are doing fantastic. Are you ready to start stabilization, if you are where you want to be?

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
AshleyRae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 248

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Ashley Rae...

You and Mom are doing fantastic. Are you ready to start stabilization, if you are where you want to be?

Patzi
I toyed with the idea, but I think I'm going to hit it hard until the 24th to give myself a 3 or 4 pound buffer zone. At my current rate, I'll only lose 2 more pounds by then, if that. I know it's likely I'll lose up to 4 pounds during stabilization, but I still want to have a little wiggle room.
__________________

Last edited by AshleyRae : 06-05-2014 at 06:07 PM.
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
AshleyRae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 248

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Patzi, I changed my mind When I weighed in today, I was down another 1.5 pounds. I'm below my original goal, so I set up an appointment to start transition on Tuesday! I'm ready!!!

How's everyone else doing? It's been awfully quiet on here lately.
__________________

Last edited by AshleyRae : 06-06-2014 at 10:53 PM.
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #6
Not giving up!
 
Going4Fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 251

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default

I'm plugging along just fine. This past month I experienced my first PMS hunger. I've never been one to be influenced by my period and never understood the munchie thing gals complain about with that time of the month. Not this time! I felt so hungry, but it was all mental. It was weird! Physically I could identify that I was not hungry, but man, I wanted to eat! I didn't fall off plan, but it was a real mental challenge for at least a week. I was pretty cranky. Doing much better now, but having to practice a lot of positive self talk now that the weather is nice and all the tank tops and shorts come out. I still can't fit into my new wardrobe from last summer, but all I can do is plug along one day at a a time like everyone else and not beat myself up about it.

AshleyRae, you'll have to update your stats - congrats on beating your goal! Transition is a rush. I do wish they'd kept it at six weeks. You add something new each week and it seems I barely got it figured out when the week was up and it was time to add something else. But it's a yummy process. Sour cream in my taco chili! Mmmmm....
__________________
Joined MRC August 6, 2012.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,254

Default

AshleyRae...

I am wishing you all the luck on your transition. This is so much fun when you get to this point....

If anyone tries any new recipes, please post them.. Recipes that do not require using MRC supplements..

Wishing you all a great weigh in week next week. I go for maintenance weigh in on Thursday. I usually go on Tuesday, but not sure I can make that date.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 972

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Default

Well ladies I HIT MY GOAL THIS PAST SATURDAY!!!! Never done that before, I was suppose to go last Wednesday to start maintenance but I had to change my appointment to this Saturday so I'm on one more week of transition! But so Happy I made it this time!!! So this Saturday I go weigh in get measured and start my lifetime journey of maintenance!!! YAHOO! You all have been such great supporters!

AshleyRae congrats on going past goal! and Congrats to your mother you are both doing great!

Going4fit hang in there you can do this!

Patzi thank you thank you thank you for continuing to support us all on here, I hope to do the same!!

I'll post all my results Saturday after I weigh in!!!
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
gumdropmom
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 48

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Well ladies I HIT MY GOAL THIS PAST SATURDAY!!!! Never done that before, I was suppose to go last Wednesday to start maintenance but I had to change my appointment to this Saturday so I'm on one more week of transition! But so Happy I made it this time!!! So this Saturday I go weigh in get measured and start my lifetime journey of maintenance!!! YAHOO! You all have been such great supporters!

AshleyRae congrats on going past goal! and Congrats to your mother you are both doing great!

Going4fit hang in there you can do this!

Patzi thank you thank you thank you for continuing to support us all on here, I hope to do the same!!

I'll post all my results Saturday after I weigh in!!!
That's awesome! Congratulations!!! You've worked so hard and all your efforts have come to fruition!

I'm really struggling mentally - I started running regularly a couple months ago and it does wonders for my mind and physical strength...loving the toning and definition taking place...but the scale just keeps going up. Really not eating off plan. I keep telling myself as I tell so many others to simply not pay attention to the scale. I need to get back to the center - it is just a haul to get up there and with gas almost $4 a gallon, there is no way I'm willing to make two trips per week just to get on the scale I am embracing the fact that all my "new" clothes still fit great and I'm more fit than I've been since high school and people continue to notice that I've trimmed down significantly. I began running to take off another 20. Instead, I'm up 5. I'm sure it will all work out in the end.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 972

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdropmom View Post
That's awesome! Congratulations!!! You've worked so hard and all your efforts have come to fruition!

I'm really struggling mentally - I started running regularly a couple months ago and it does wonders for my mind and physical strength...loving the toning and definition taking place...but the scale just keeps going up. Really not eating off plan. I keep telling myself as I tell so many others to simply not pay attention to the scale. I need to get back to the center - it is just a haul to get up there and with gas almost $4 a gallon, there is no way I'm willing to make two trips per week just to get on the scale I am embracing the fact that all my "new" clothes still fit great and I'm more fit than I've been since high school and people continue to notice that I've trimmed down significantly. I began running to take off another 20. Instead, I'm up 5. I'm sure it will all work out in the end.
gumdropmom, thank you and you might be gaining muscle with all the running you are doing which I've been going by how my clothes feel and fit, I was just excited to actually meet my scale goal since I didn't the first time.
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,254

Default

Skelley...

I am so happy for you.. I knew you would do it.. Good luck in your next adventure..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 972

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Skelley...

I am so happy for you.. I knew you would do it.. Good luck in your next adventure..

Patzi
Thank you patzi
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #13
Member
 
geo56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 61

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Default

Congratulations Skelley! You are an inspiration to me. I have been struggling since my cruise. I have 30 lbs to go. I just need to get busy and get it done so I can be where you are at!
__________________
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 972

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo56 View Post
Congratulations Skelley! You are an inspiration to me. I have been struggling since my cruise. I have 30 lbs to go. I just need to get busy and get it done so I can be where you are at!
geo56,
Thank you and yes you can do it, I've struggled for two years trying to get to my goal and actually didn't hit my goal until I went on transition, I wasn't losing before just kept staying at the same weight, I think my body needed more food. Goodluck
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
AshleyRae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 248

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

I had my transition appointment today and got my measurements. I've updated my signature to reflect my original goal and current weight, according the the scale at the center. My home scale is 4-5 pounds friendlier than their scale, so I really use that weight as my personal goal figure. So, while the scale at the center shows 165, my home scale reads 160.5. I'll take it!
I don't know my starting measurements, but I know that I've lost 27.5 inches! I'm thrilled with where I am, even if my body fat percentage is measuring higher than it's "supposed" to be. It was something like 35% or 36%, and it's supposed to be under 32%. I'm not at all worried about that, because I feel fantastic!

I'll try to get some before and after pictures posted soon

Keep up the great work, friends!

I almost forgot to add that my mom signed the 30 pound board today! AND, she's rocking some size 14 MISSUS pants today! She doesn't need to shop in the women's section anymore!!!
__________________

Last edited by AshleyRae : 06-10-2014 at 02:50 PM.
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2