Old 06-11-2014, 03:00 AM   #16  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Got my first compliment from my hubby the other day. Definitely seeing some inches come off - clothes getting looser. I'm looking forward to that happening more quickly as I get closer to goal (remember the paper towel roll story). Was able to wear one of my sleeveless blouses that I bought after reaching goal last year. Bottom half still has some catching up to do but I'm getting there.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #17  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Got my first compliment from my hubby the other day. Definitely seeing some inches come off - clothes getting looser. I'm looking forward to that happening more quickly as I get closer to goal (remember the paper towel roll story). Was able to wear one of my sleeveless blouses that I bought after reaching goal last year. Bottom half still has some catching up to do but I'm getting there.
Congrats! I knew you could do it!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #18  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
I had my transition appointment today and got my measurements. I've updated my signature to reflect my original goal and current weight, according the the scale at the center. My home scale is 4-5 pounds friendlier than their scale, so I really use that weight as my personal goal figure. So, while the scale at the center shows 165, my home scale reads 160.5. I'll take it!
I don't know my starting measurements, but I know that I've lost 27.5 inches! I'm thrilled with where I am, even if my body fat percentage is measuring higher than it's "supposed" to be. It was something like 35% or 36%, and it's supposed to be under 32%. I'm not at all worried about that, because I feel fantastic!

I'll try to get some before and after pictures posted soon

Keep up the great work, friends!

I almost forgot to add that my mom signed the 30 pound board today! AND, she's rocking some size 14 MISSUS pants today! She doesn't need to shop in the women's section anymore!!!

That happens to me when I weigh in at the center verses at home, it's always higher. Jen told me since I'm going into maintenance to always use my scale at home since that will be the one I use from now on!!! Congrats on making transition and congrats to your mom you both have done awesome!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #19  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Hello Everyone!! I just got a call today and they are opening a center here in my town next month!! I switched jobs a couple years ago so wasn't making that hour drive any more where the closest center was. Trying to do it on my own but I just can't seem to succeed without anyone weighing me in weekly. Gained all my weight back
When I was on the plan, I bought some of their shakes but mostly supplemented with Syntrax nectar protein powder and didn't buy any of the supplements. I had my own vitamins and fish oil. I guess I'll talk to them next week and see if that's ok.
How does everyone like it??
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #20  
Sherry, Senior Member

Default Maintenance

Well ladies it's official as of today I'm have now entered maintenance!!! No more supplements, I had a total of 13" lost and they put me on 1300 calories a day. I don't follow any menu but of course I have to eat clean like I have been but she just told me since I use myfitnesspal that I can track my calories that way. I'm excited!!! I reached my goal finally, first time I didn't and wasn't sure I would this time but I didn't hit my goal until my 3rd week on transition!!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Well ladies it's official as of today I'm have now entered maintenance!!! No more supplements, I had a total of 13" lost and they put me on 1300 calories a day. I don't follow any menu but of course I have to eat clean like I have been but she just told me since I use myfitnesspal that I can track my calories that way. I'm excited!!! I reached my goal finally, first time I didn't and wasn't sure I would this time but I didn't hit my goal until my 3rd week on transition!!
Soooo excited for you, Skelley! You're an inspiration!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #22  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Soooo excited for you, Skelley! You're an inspiration!
Thanks AshleyRae: Now I only go weigh in once every two weeks, and I don't have to bring a food journal!! Funny thing is I'm still losing!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I'm still on the first week of transition, but the food choices they had me add are not working well for my body I'm hoping next week will work better. My body clearly hates starches...A LOT!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #24  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
I'm still on the first week of transition, but the food choices they had me add are not working well for my body I'm hoping next week will work better. My body clearly hates starches...A LOT!
Mine does too, that's why they call it transitions to see what works and what doesn't, on week 4 they add even another starch and fruit. I told Jen it was too much food, so I didn't add it everyday just mixed things up. Goodluck
I go this Friday at 10am for my first maintenance weigh in.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #25  
Motivated Member

Smile Ready to rejoin!

Joined in 2012 and was very successful w the weight loss and lost 35 lbs. gained muscle and felt great. Changed jobs and there was not a center near me to go to so stopped going and ended gaining all back in 2 years.
Got a call last week and they are opening a new location in my town in July.
Woo hoo ! I joined Weight Watchers last year and hated it- too many carb choices and just a few pounds lost. Plus the online community on their website are ....well my mama taught me if I don't have anything nice to say- don't say it. LOL!
Two years ago I paid $300 for 17 weeks and I think another $100 for the hormone test
Can anyone let me know estimated cost now and your feelings about the program? Results? I'm ready to start losing!!

Last edited by bigdog; 06-16-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #26  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Joined in 2012 and was very successful w the weight loss and lost 35 lbs. gained muscle and felt great. Changed jobs and there was not a center near me to go to so stopped going and ended gaining all back in 2 years.
Got a call last week and they are opening a new location in my town in July.
Woo hoo ! I joined Weight Watchers last year and hated it- too many carb choices and just a few pounds lost. Plus the online community on their website are ....well my mama taught me if I don't have anything nice to say- don't say it. LOL!
Two years ago I paid $300 for 13 weeks.
Can anyone let me know estimated cost now and your feelings about the program? Results? I'm ready to start losing!!
Bigdog: I joined june 2012 and lost 30lbs and after a year I gained about 15 lbs back, I rejoined in feb 2014 before it got out of control, I did 10 wks for $99, I think if you have been a previous member you get a discount. The supplements and other products are where most of the expense is but it does work. goodluck on your journey you can do this.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #27  
Sherry, Senior Member

My first week on maintenance and I'm feeling great! I love having that skinny feeling back, I had once before and I have it again and this time I'm not losing it. Goodluck to all you gals, stick with it you can do this!

Here is some:
Old 06-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #28  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Bigdog: I joined june 2012 and lost 30lbs and after a year I gained about 15 lbs back, I rejoined in feb 2014 before it got out of control, I did 10 wks for $99, I think if you have been a previous member you get a discount. The supplements and other products are where most of the expense is but it does work. goodluck on your journey you can do this.
Hi Skelley! Congrats on making your goal and on maintenance
I've been reading the posts and see some familiar names and love to see the support and motivation here as always! You, Patzi and others really motivate me. Getting older so seems like it gets harder to lose weight and all my regain is in my belly and hips. Nothing fits and I'm buying larger sizes and cutting the tags out. Lol! Who am I fooling? Seems like there are less people posting- I remember a couple years ago - the admin would warn us when we were posting so much. and would have to close the session.
Hopefully everyone is posting recipes and motivational tips. I am reading back posts and getting excited about rejoining!!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #29  

Unhappy New to mrc

Hello all,

I just starting with MRC on 6/5/14 and lost 7.2 the first week. I am starting to get discouraged because I am missing chocolate so much. What dose one do?
newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #30  
Motivated Member

I love the chocolate protein shakes which really helped w the chocolate cravings . The protein hot chocolate is excellent too.. Just saw this recipe on a current post
Chocolate Brownie
1 hot chocolate protein packet
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 oz of water
1 packet of splenda
Mix all in small bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. It will be kind of gooey but good. I added a bit of instant decaf coffee in mine.

Last edited by bigdog; 06-17-2014 at 12:17 AM.