Old 05-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #61  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Way to go Skelley.. I am so happy for you..I felt the same when I went on stabilization. I finally felt full, if you know what I mean. I will be hitting 4 years maintenance next February, so it can all be done and I am so delighted that you are on your way and are happy and losing .. How great is that.

Patzi...
Thank you patzi it's amazing what little changes help I struggled not losing and having all the cravings and my counselor said that with adding foods back in it probably kick started my metabolism from before I was eating the same things over and over and I was actually hungry but doing great finally and will hit my goal actually during stabilization lol that is GREAT🎉🎉
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Thank you patzi it's amazing what little changes help I struggled not losing and having all the cravings and my counselor said that with adding foods back in it probably kick started my metabolism from before I was eating the same things over and over and I was actually hungry but doing great finally and will hit my goal actually during stabilization lol that is GREAT🎉🎉
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #63  

I still am in wonder , when I eat out, no matter when or where I gain. Hubby and I ate our last night, I had a large salad, had my own dressing. Salad had grilled chicken vs. barbecue, my choice, lettuce, , tomatoes, cukes, avocado. I told them to hold the bacon and bread that came with it.. I had a glass of white wine. I weighed in this morning, and 2 pounds over.. I asked hubby to weigh in and he stayed the same.. It must be they soak lettuce in salted water and I know they marinate chicken, even if it is grilled and the marinade is highly salted . All I can think of is the salt. I always take a fat and carb blocker when I go out. Oh, well... It was good, I enjoyed it, today is another day, and that is what maintenance is all about, maintaining, so I will watch what I eat till I lose it and I will lose it.

However, I can eat a small slice of fruit crisp I made for husband last week, and I don't gain. I also had a half a corn muffin and did not gain.. Go figure???

Wishing you all a great weight loss week.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #64  
Sherry, Senior Member

yes patzi I wonder the same thing, on weekends when I work outside in my flower beds and do yardwork and stay on plan usually I'm up 2lbs the next day, my counselor told me it's my muscles holding water from all the hard work, because usually come mon/tues the weight is gone. Hmmm! We went out to dinner for my husbands birthday Saturday night and I did really good but was still up the next day 1.6 lbs and I too take the fat/carb blocker. I enjoyed my evening with my husband and friends to celebrate and I know that I will have that 1.6lbs off in no time.!!! It's nice that I'm not panicing!!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #65  
Sherry, Senior Member

Wow where did everyone go? This board was lit up at first now it's gone silent except for a few of us. This is what happened the last time I sure hope it's because everyone is on vacation.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #66  

Had maintenance weigh in and maintained, 5 pound under goal, so that extra weight I got off.

I had a problem eating yogurt and gaining weight whenever I tried it, so though I would try again and it seems to be stabilized and I eat a small cup with some fruit in it , even at night and no gain the next day, so that is good. When I try something new on maintenance and I gain, I put it aside and keep trying it at later times.. I can now eat a tablespoon of Peanut butter without gaining, and I am tickled with that, as many times a tablespoon wards off a craving, it must be the fat I am lacking. It is good, regardless of the cause. LOL

Wishing everyone a thin day.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #67  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Had maintenance weigh in and maintained, 5 pound under goal, so that extra weight I got off.

I had a problem eating yogurt and gaining weight whenever I tried it, so though I would try again and it seems to be stabilized and I eat a small cup with some fruit in it , even at night and no gain the next day, so that is good. When I try something new on maintenance and I gain, I put it aside and keep trying it at later times.. I can now eat a tablespoon of Peanut butter without gaining, and I am tickled with that, as many times a tablespoon wards off a craving, it must be the fat I am lacking. It is good, regardless of the cause. LOL

Wishing everyone a thin day.

Patzi
Awesome Patzi, congrats on the weigh in and being able to eat new things without it adding lbs. You are doing great! I go weigh in Saturday and then I start my week 4 and last wk of transition before going onto maintenance, I so hope to do as well as you have. I'm determined to stay in maintenance from then on.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #68  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Congrats, Skelley on your progress. Almost to maintenance, way to go.

I just got back from a group camping trip followed by a big family gathering on Monday night and now I have laryngitis. Each day of camping I slipped a little farther off plan and am grateful to be back at home and in to my routine. It makes following the plan so much easier. I am going to wait until Saturday to weigh in and let everything settle a bit.

Hope everyone else is doing OK
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #69  

I haven't been in to weigh this week - oops! I'm hoping to get there tonight. I haven't lost anything, according to my home scale, but I'm so happy with where I am.
However, I still can't figure out how I can gain weight during the night. I've been hopping on the scale right before bed (just for something to do, I guess - haha!), and then checking my weight when I wake up in the morning. The past two nights, I've been 2 pounds heavier in the mornings. Maybe I'm a sleep-eater and don't know it :P
Mom's at 27.5 pounds lost and has almost hit her goal of size 14 missus pants! And, she's got something like 7 weeks left (she's somehow earned 3 extra weeks). I'm at 22.5 pounds lost, so we'll see if I lose any more by my end date on June 24th.
Keep it up, ladies!

Last edited by AshleyRae; 05-29-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #70  

Height: 5'8"

Hi gang! I'm still holding steady at the same weight for several weeks now...and it's my own fault. I do great all week and then I lose it on the weekends. Gain weight on the weekends, get back down to the same weight I was at the previous Friday every Friday. This is stupid...I've really got to get it together this weekend and make some progress.

But now I have a new problem...I am so constipated I could DIE! It just started last night but I'm very uncomfortable. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm tempted to go get some dieter's tea or something, but I don't want to jump the gun if it's something that will pass on it's own in a day or so.
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #71  

My mom has had issues with constipation due to the high levels of protein on this eating plan. She takes two doses daily of a fiber supplement she got at Wal-Mart and hasn't had issues since When she was only taking one dose, she wasn't noticing a difference, so two was her magic number (there's a poop joke in there, I just know it! Hahahaha!).
Old 05-29-2014, 06:14 PM   #72  

Bahahahahaha:-)
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:22 PM   #73  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Hi! I need to start all over so please send me some motivational tips!! And I swore I wasn't going to regain
Hope everyone is doing well!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #74  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Hi bigdog, welcome back! Long time no see.

I've started over too. All I can say is just get to it. Once you clean your system out, the cravings go away. That's been a relief for me.

My bigger bowl of gelatin (see recipe earlier in this thread) has been a great bedtime snack for me. A week of shakes on Meta-quick after each month sticking to plan is a real treat for me too and something I look forward to.

Also freed myself from the center and weigh-ins this time around. I go in once a month to buy my HNS's and that's it. I know when I'm eating right that the changes come. Don't like being tortured with why I gained or didn't lose when I ate the same as weeks I did lose. Just want to focus on clean eating.

Good luck!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:36 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! I have been very busy last work since vacation. I hope to catch up later!
I have lost 2 of the 4 I gained while on the cruise. My center gave me a new menu for the MetaSlim. There are way more carb choices and add ins. I will tell more later.
Have a good day!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote