Old 05-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
Never mind about the alfredo sauce. I don't think there's any good way to use that. Ick!

On the plus side, I hopped on my scale yesterday evening and thought it was pranking me. I don't EVER recall weighing this little. I've still got over a month left on program, so I'm ready to hit this one out of the park!

Stay on plan, friends. It's sooooooo worth it!
You are doing fantastic Ashley Rae.. You are right it is sooo worth it, for sure.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #47  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,

No losses to report this week, sigh. To try to shake things up a little bit, I've gone back to the 10 day initial plan. Today is day 2 of the blue menu (days 5-10). We'll see what happens...I feel more hunger pangs with this.
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 216/216/140

Height: 4'11"

Wink

Second time around. I did MRC a couple years ago and then life really happened. I gained back everything and more. I went back to the center on Friday. I've been eating pretty clean already so I'm just doing pre-conditioning a couple of days. I'll go in tomorrow and get my regular menu. I think part of my problem last time was I let life get in the way of going to the center during the maintenance phase.

Here is to round 2!!
cmmnsnsfml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Well folks, I'm back with you. I did really good for the first year and then something snapped in my brain and I thought I could eat whatever I wanted. I know better than that!!! I have continued going to the gym 3-5 times a week, but not the 5-6 times that I was doing. I'm sure that has something to do with the gain.

I have an appointment today to sign up for the 6-week/$59. That should be plenty of time to lose these 10 and maybe a few more.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #50  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back you two. rwquilts: congrats to you for taking action now! You'll be back to your goal weight in no time.

This is not my first time either. Apparently, this is a lifelong battle and it's so easy to fall back to old habits. What's important is that we don't give up the fight!
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:46 AM   #51  

Welcome back rwquilts and cmmnsnsfml.

I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and stayed the same, 5 pounds under goal.

Wishing y'all a great weight loss week.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 05-21-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #52  

Hello....

I buy my HNS on Diet Direct online.. I need a favor..

When one has the time, please let me know if the Nutrition Facts are still the same as MRC.. They seem to taste a bit different. I buy MRC when I run out, but have no box now.

Calories.... 70
Total Fat 0
Saturated Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 60mg
Potassium 10mg
Total carb 2g
Dietary Fiber 0
Sugars 2g
Protein 15g.

Thank you in advance.
Patzi
Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #53  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hello....

I buy my HNS on Diet Direct online.. I need a favor..

When one has the time, please let me know if the Nutrition Facts are still the same as MRC.. They seem to taste a bit different. I buy MRC when I run out, but have no box now.

Calories.... 70
Total Fat 0
Saturated Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 60mg
Potassium 10mg
Total carb 2g
Dietary Fiber 0
Sugars 2g
Protein 15g.

Thank you in advance.
Patzi
MRC HNS nutritional info:
Calories...70
Total Fat 0
Sat Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 15mg
Potassium 15mg
Total carb 4g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars 2g
Protein 15g

This was for the mixed berry. Looks like the MRC has less sodium. That may account for a slightly different taste?
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #54  

Gumdropmom

Thank you so much for your time posting on HNS for me. I appreciate it.

Patzi
Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #55  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Gumdropmom

Thank you so much for your time posting on HNS for me. I appreciate it.

Patzi
You bet
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #56  

Hi everyone. I have read the months posts and I am so impressed that you can stick with this diet the way you do. I have seen a few of you have slips and get right back on track. That is the most important part.

I fell off the wagon after I got the 11 days. I think I was so discouraged that I could not have fruit/starch at the same meal. I was under the impression that the diet would get easier after 11 days--not harder (for me). I was having a slice of 40 calorie toast and 1/2 orange at breakfast and bread with dinner. So, that became my cheat after 11 days . . . then extra melba in the evening became another cheat. I wasn't in ketosis anymore so a couple of nights I had what the family was having. Evenings are always the hardest. So, when I came home hungry, discouraged, and tired I couldn't get myself to make the right choice.

I almost didn't want to go back to the clinic. I knew I had gained weight. I was embarrassed to fall of the wagon. But, I am glad I went. They got me refocused and put me on another program. It is more flexible. Apparently, it is the diet they give people with medical issues. When I was looking at it I thought it was a lot like the pre-conditioning available foods. I like that a lot better. I also like that I will have a HNS and snack before dinner so that when I come home I hopefully will have more control and energy.

I have been exercising. I haven't thrown in the towel. But, this diet is HARD. I am kinda glad to be off the meta slim diet because it really played into my perfectionism or bust issues. I was so concerned about the "chemical" aspect of meta slim that I would let myself be concerned with such small things throwing it off. Also, it is summer and life is coming at me with "things". I went golfing with girlfriends and I refused to not have one drink with them. I think now that I have more flexibility without the chemically driven diet I will not feel so much pressure.

By the way, what I mean by chemical is that the foods are very well thought out (protein--fat--carbs) to produce a reaction in our bodies. This is a very good thing and the reason you lose weight so quickly without feeling like you are starving. But, I am not able to do that right now so I am on the slow boat and pretty content with it. I may switch back eventually. I was really looking forward to losing weight quickly. But, in reality it wasn't the right plan for me.

What are your thoughts?? How do you stay on the wagon??

Last edited by GinaXOXO; 05-21-2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typos
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Wouldn't you know it....my first day back on pre-conditioning and we have ice cream cake at work for May birthdays.

Not to worry...I have all those size 6-8 clothes at home at are screaming at me more than the ice cream cake here at work.

Think I'll have another glass of water!
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaXOXO View Post

What are your thoughts?? How do you stay on the wagon??
This may not be at all what you're hoping to hear, but honestly, I stay on the wagon because I joined when I was mentally prepared to fully commit. My mom did the same thing. It took 3 years of convincing (3 YEARS!!!) to convince mom to join me, but she was busy taking care of an ailing husband and mother. When her life eased up a bit, she was ready. When I finally joined, I was desperate and willing to take the rather huge financial hit. The cost kept me motivated initially; then, the results kept me motivated.

I would love for my mother-in-law to join, but I recognize that she's not mentally ready. She even said the same thing.

I hope the new plan works beautifully for you!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #59  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Went to the center yesterday and weighed in and I'm down another lb. last week I was down a lb. I'm starting week 3 of transition and I've been adding foods back weekly, I think my body was starving and that's why I wasn't losing before I started stabilization. Anyway I found out that stabilization is now only 4wks instead of 6wks so only 2wks from maintenance!!! Hard to believe!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Went to the center yesterday and weighed in and I'm down another lb. last week I was down a lb. I'm starting week 3 of transition and I've been adding foods back weekly, I think my body was starving and that's why I wasn't losing before I started stabilization. Anyway I found out that stabilization is now only 4wks instead of 6wks so only 2wks from maintenance!!! Hard to believe!
Way to go Skelley.. I am so happy for you..I felt the same when I went on stabilization. I finally felt full, if you know what I mean. I will be hitting 4 years maintenance next February, so it can all be done and I am so delighted that you are on your way and are happy and losing .. How great is that.

Patzi...