3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Introducing myself & a question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/294543-introducing-myself-question.html)

lattemomof3 04-07-2014 09:43 AM

Introducing myself & a question

Hi everyone, I started MRC in the middle of January, I've lost about 15 pounds, so not super fast but I seem to derail a bit on the weekends & do well during the week. I live 3 hours from the nearest center, so I'm doing the at-home program. My counselor, however, is not very good. She basically never contacts me, even though she said she would call every week. I usually email my weight to her once a week, and get a "great job!" Email back. I have spoken to her about this before, she said she works part time & that she is so busy dealing with everyone coming into the center that she has little time for her at home clients, so that has been a bummer. I will keep plugging along on my own though. My neighbor is doing MRC also, and we have been a good support for each other.

My question is, how do you cook dinner for your family & for yourself? I have 3 active kids & a thin husband who need to eat well. I have the cookbook but I don't want to have to use my supplements IN recipes, as they are so pricey that I try to mostly buy the clear & some creamys for night time. I have the 4 weeks of menu ideas, so breakfast & lunch are pretty easy, but dinner seems harder to know what to eat. What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner?
Thanks!!

bombshellinprogress 04-07-2014 11:42 AM

Welcome!! I'm not gonna be much help with you on this but I usually end up cooking two different meals. The only time that my family really eats what I eat is if I make turkey burgers.

selway 04-07-2014 02:31 PM

First of all - call your center and get a different counselor. I had one like that and it was completely demotivating. So frustrating.

I guess I am lucky in that my kids are too little to cook so they have to eat what I make. We eat pretty simple meals - meat and vegetables. I make them rice or noodles or rolls to go with their food (if appropriate). I make a lot of recipes and slightly modify my portion (leave sauce off, etc.). Also, I know I stretch the plan sometimes. Last night we had hamburgers on the grill. The beef was extra lean and I had it without the bun. Tonight is ginger salmon.

hatethesweatpants 04-08-2014 07:51 AM

I agree with selway - I just add extra calories to their portion, either a starch, extra oil, cheeses, etc. Sometimes, if they want something like pizza, I make myself a different meal. If they're having burgers, I put mine over a salad. But generally, they like what I'm eating and we've tried to stay away from processed carbs as a family for years.