Coffee?!?!?!

• What is everyone's opinion on caffeine?
  • Well - last year at this time if someone had told me I had to give up my coffee (full strength) I'd have said no thanks. But...I really was ready to attempt to lose the weight that just kept coming. I have been on thyroid meds for underactive thyroid for over 5 years and still wasn't dropping any pounds...instead I was putting on at least an average of 4 per year. When I sat down with a MRC counselor and she told me decaf coffee only I got an attitude. But...tried it and at the same time began some extensive research into thyroid issues since nothing seemed to be working. It was a miracle I didn't pass out from massive withdrawal headaches - but I was taking in 100 ozs of water per day and it seemed to keep things in check. I've lost 30 lbs since last August and am currently just maintaining. Would like to take off 15 more. Turns out, caffeine is a huge blocker of the hormone in the thyroid pills that are trying to jump start the gland. I never would have bought it had I not tried it. So...for me - I guess it was the key. I had tried many other things and once I gave up my 5-6 cups of coffee per day and switched to basically one cup of morning decaf I was a new person!
  • I still have my diet drinks but have cut back. I gave up everything else so trying to rid myself of caffeine was something I just wasn't ready to do just yet.
  • I've never given coffee up and have had plenty of success. I kind of think that it's a personal choice - if you can't have your coffee unless it's doused with tons of sugar, then it's probably not working for you.