Old 04-11-2014, 09:29 AM   #61  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Beachrunner,
Hang in there. The yellow and blue menus are designed to get you into ketosis and help you to lose weight fast. You lost so much in pre-conditioning so I wonder if you may just not be getting enough calories.

Do you work our a lot? Anyway, the one issue I've always had with MRC is that is a "one size fits all" menu. I'm only 5'1" and my menu is the same (quantity wise) as someone who is 5'8". That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, too many diet drinks have shown to slow weight loss. Also, I think it's a way to get rid of cravings of all kinds.

Anyway, the best thing is to drink lots of water during this phase. If you are really hungry, you might also want to add an extra HNS. And if all else fails, drink the diet soda! It's better than going off plan with food.

Hang in there. It does get easier.
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #62  
bluffton, indiana

My first post! I am going with a neighbor on Wednesday for a consultation. I have been reading posts for some time now. I would must like a brief overview of the diet please. Thanks
marilynbrandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Good evenin!
At my center's cooking class Thursday someone shared a really easy brownie recipe for those of you who can have the creamy HNS.

1 packet of HNS hot chocolate
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 teaspoons water
1 Splenda packet
Mix all in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.

I just made this and it seems a little dry, so next time I might add just a bit more water. It does have a bit of after taste. If you are really craving a brownie it would work.

Last edited by geo56; 04-13-2014 at 10:33 AM.
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 226.5/196/176

Height: 5'6"

Thanks geo56 - sounds delish! I've been saving my creamy (double choc pudding) for after dinner and kids are in bed. A brownie would be great, too!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #65  
Complete the process

The scale is stuck! Anyway, my clothes are fitting better, no longer squeezing into my size 10s, and a couple of co-workers have asked if I've lost weight, so something is happening, even though there is a stall in the weight department. I've been lifting weights 3 times a weeks, so might just be building muscle. I'll give it 2 more weeks and if the scale still is stuck I might look at meta-balance to see if I need a few more carbs due to the exercise.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #66  

Raven....

I had many stalls while losing. Maybe you are losing inches. Sometimes that happens, especially if clothes are fitting better than before . Hang in there, weight will come off. Just follow program and you are doing well , and it may be building muscle.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo56 View Post
Good evenin!
At my center's cooking close Thursday someone shared a really easy brownie recipe for those of you who can have the creamy HNS.

1 packet of HNS hot chocolate
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 teaspoons water
1 Splenda packet
Mix all in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.

I just made this and it seems a little dry, so next time I might add just a bit more water. It does have a bit of after taste. If you are really craving a brownie it would work.
Thanks so much for sharing this... I will try this..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Wow, I just saw all the typos in my earlier post. I typed that from my Nexus 7 tablet so please excuse the auto correct! Lol...
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #69  
Complete the process

Thanks Patzi for the encouragement. I remember reading your posts during your weight loss phase when you reported losing only a "seed". You stuck with it though and so will I! You are such an amazing inspiration to all of us. Thanks for continuing to post and congratulations on maintaining the loss for several years.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #70  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Hi all!
Wow it's been a busy weekend for me and I've worked my butt off! It finally got warm this weekend but very very windy, I raked leaves for 1 1/2 hrs and cleaned house, today I started cleaning our gutters ( the outside) to get rid of the black streaks! What a workout. I know I've ate off plan this weekend but not to bad and I'm hoping all this weekend work will have burned it all off! I'm feeling great, not sure if I will hit my goal weight by the 23rd but that's okay, I'm back to wearing all my skinny clothes I bought from the first time I went thru this plan so that's huge huge plus! I hope ya'll had a great weekend, I'm ready for this week to start, we are taking our motorhome out this weekend for the first time!! YAHOO!!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #71  

I have lurked for a while and I see many references to the book the diet cure. Does that book "co-exist" with MRC? I have looked at the reviews and find it interesting.

I went to Vegas last week during my preconditioning. I got off program. I am starting again today. I was suppose to go to my food class Friday and postponed it until this Friday. How many days does preconditioning typically last?

Easter is this weekend . . . what would you do? I sort of wish I would have waited until after Easter. I went for my consult and told them that I had a party, Vegas, and Easter coming and that I wanted to wait until after those 3 events. I lost 4.5 pounds before the party . . . went to Vegas for 5 days right after the party . . . I have 5 days now until my kids are home for Easter break. And, I kind of want to wait until after Easter. Before the party I was doing great and momentum was on my side. I don't want to get momentum on my side again and struggle with Easter. I know I *can* do it but I also think that it isn't a great way to start.
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #72  

Height: 5'8"

WAAAHHHHH! I got my blue menu on Saturday, going to start it tomorrow, and it sure isn't much better than the yellow menu. :-(

So I was talking to a friend at church yesterday and he told me he goes to a different MRC in my town, and they have the HNS drinks and creamies, but they also have some kind of "candy bars" that you can have instead. Has anyone heard of this?!
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #73  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrunner695 View Post
WAAAHHHHH! I got my blue menu on Saturday, going to start it tomorrow, and it sure isn't much better than the yellow menu. :-(

So I was talking to a friend at church yesterday and he told me he goes to a different MRC in my town, and they have the HNS drinks and creamies, but they also have some kind of "candy bars" that you can have instead. Has anyone heard of this?!
When you start the blue menu you can have their meal bars, they have vanilla wafers at my center and other bars that are sooo good, but you have to be careful because sometimes I want to have more than just one LOL
Old 04-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #74  

Height: 5'8"

They don't have them at my center - I asked because I thought I had heard of that being a part of this plan. I guess maybe I can go to the other center and get some? Or maybe I shouldn't if they're that good lol :-) When I did LA Weight Loss about 10 years ago (it is VERY similar to MRC) they had the bars - I think they called them LA Lites. And they were so good that I couldn't stop once I got into them - I remember hiding in my closet eating like 4 of them sometimes because I didn't want my husband to know I was cheating on the diet we had paid so much money for. I think it's safe to say I have a sweet tooth, so maybe I should just pretend I don't know about those!

This is going to get easier after blue menu, right? Am I going to get to eat more food? I don't think I've been full once since I started yellow menu. Can't believe I haven't cheated, but I haven't put one bite of food in my mouth that I wasn't supposed to since I started preconditioning. My hat is off to all of you that have been doing this for months - that takes a LOT of discipline.
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #75  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrunner695 View Post
They don't have them at my center - I asked because I thought I had heard of that being a part of this plan. I guess maybe I can go to the other center and get some? Or maybe I shouldn't if they're that good lol :-) When I did LA Weight Loss about 10 years ago (it is VERY similar to MRC) they had the bars - I think they called them LA Lites. And they were so good that I couldn't stop once I got into them - I remember hiding in my closet eating like 4 of them sometimes because I didn't want my husband to know I was cheating on the diet we had paid so much money for. I think it's safe to say I have a sweet tooth, so maybe I should just pretend I don't know about those!

This is going to get easier after blue menu, right? Am I going to get to eat more food? I don't think I've been full once since I started yellow menu. Can't believe I haven't cheated, but I haven't put one bite of food in my mouth that I wasn't supposed to since I started preconditioning. My hat is off to all of you that have been doing this for months - that takes a LOT of discipline.
lol you are funny and love reading your posts. I'm on my second go around and I still can't stay on plan. The green menu isn't any easier, on it you can only do either a starch or fruit but not both. Pretty much the plan only will allow you the foods you ate during pre-conditioning and when you do stabilization they start adding in one food each week for 6 weeks to see if any of these foods are trigger food to make you gain. Then they give you a maintenance menu to follow and you count calories