MRC April 2014

You're on Page 6 of 13
Go to
  • Gina, I would just plunge right in. There will always be another "food" holiday right around the corner, so don't push off starting the diet until there's not one on the horizon. I started just before Christmas the first time. I'm not going to lie: it was tough making it through Christmas and New Years. But, it's something I was determined to accomplish.

And, for everyone who gets discouraged: I've been completely on plan for weeks, but when I jumped on the scale this morning, I was UP 5 POUNDS. I worked really hard in the yard yesterday digging out a brick patio and stacking the bricks. So, I know my muscles are retaining major water. If the same thing happens, know that it's water weight and/or muscle gain. In the long run, it's not a problem in the least. It's not even a setback. It's just the way our bodies operate.

Have a FANTASTIC, ON-PLAN week. We deserve it!
  • Wow Patzi and Hatethesweatpants! I remember you from my first time. You are such an inspiration!!! Everyone seems to be doing a great job. Keep up your will power.
  • Quote: Gina, I would just plunge right in. There will always be another "food" holiday right around the corner, so don't push off starting the diet until there's not one on the horizon. I started just before Christmas the first time. I'm not going to lie: it was tough making it through Christmas and New Years. But, it's something I was determined to accomplish.

And, for everyone who gets discouraged: I've been completely on plan for weeks, but when I jumped on the scale this morning, I was UP 5 POUNDS. I worked really hard in the yard yesterday digging out a brick patio and stacking the bricks. So, I know my muscles are retaining major water. If the same thing happens, know that it's water weight and/or muscle gain. In the long run, it's not a problem in the least. It's not even a setback. It's just the way our bodies operate.

Have a FANTASTIC, ON-PLAN week. We deserve it!
    Ashleyrae! I'm glad you posted this because everytime I work hard outside in my yard I'm up in pounds the next day! but I'm also starving too, the Columbus center always tells me not to exercise over 4 hours in a week, geez sometimes I'm outside working for 5-8 hrs!!
  • Beach runner, are you taking the supplements? I haven't been hungry until today. I forgot my pills to take before lunch. I almost bought some popcorn to eat on the way home. But I didn't. Are you drinking enough water?
    Keep it up and it will get easier.
  • Weighed in today and was down 2.5 lbs from the 4lbs I gained last week so that's a big plus. What I hate is that their scales are 1.8lbs higher than mine at home which is a bummer.
  • Wow I was hoping green menu would be easier. Oh well...I can do this.

Geo - I am not doing the supplements. They are so expensive! I am doing 3-4 of the drinks a day, but I just couldnt swing the pills. Do they really make that much difference?
  • Quote: I have lurked for a while and I see many references to the book the diet cure. Does that book "co-exist" with MRC? I have looked at the reviews and find it interesting.
    No, the book is not in any way affiliated with MRC, and in fact the type of diets MRC does is exactly what the book is trying to "cure". That is why many of us who have been through plan have found it helpful.
  • Quote: This is going to get easier after blue menu, right? Am I going to get to eat more food? I don't think I've been full once since I started yellow menu. Can't believe I haven't cheated, but I haven't put one bite of food in my mouth that I wasn't supposed to since I started preconditioning. My hat is off to all of you that have been doing this for months - that takes a LOT of discipline.
    Green menu does allow more food than yellow and blue. I remember seriously questioning it when they gave it to me. (I hadn't gotten the big losses promised during pre-conditioning and yellow and blue, so was wondering why I was now going to be allowed more food. *lol*)
    I'm sorry you've felt so hungry. That is actually not something I struggled with when on plan. I WANTED to eat more, but I never felt like I NEEDED to eat more. Do they have the counseling classes at your center?
  • Quote: Wow I was hoping green menu would be easier. Oh well...I can do this.

Geo - I am not doing the supplements. They are so expensive! I am doing 3-4 of the drinks a day, but I just couldnt swing the pills. Do they really make that much difference?
    Yes to me they do. I was on the 17 day diet, which is very similar and I was hungry all the time and just exhausted. I am not hungry and have more energy. I know they are expensive and I was sceptical too but they have helped me.
  • Thank you!! I am going to do the pre-conditioning "lightly" until Monday. On Monday I will do pre-conditioning. I will start after the Friday night class. Does the center provide keto sticks, or should I buy them?

I am a little confused by the answer about The Diet Cure book. I have researched it a little bit and it seems to me that the author wants us to quit dieting but, also, likes the Atkins diet. Because Atkins is high protein and low carb, it seems to me, that I can do the supplementation recommended by the author while doing the MRC diet. Maybe that will just complicate things?

My thinking has been very off. I have huge memory problems often. Trying to concentrate on a conversation is hard, at times. Trying to remember something that I know sometimes will just not come to me. That alone is a huge motivator to get my diet and supplements under control.

Should I do the hormone testing at MRC and use their supplements (I wasn't going to). Or, should I try the Diet Cure's supplements? From my research it seems that many people have improved their health vastly by The Diet cure. Also, it seems that the author wants use to supplement for a fixed period (is it 12 weeks) . . . I like the idea of that.

I am open to your thoughts and opinions.
  • Well, I weighed in and I'm still up 5.5 pounds (as of Tuesday evening). I'm still pep-talking myself and continuing to drink tons of extra water. I've decided not to add any extra salt to anything, so hopefully I'll lose all of this by my Friday weigh-in. At this point, I don't even care if I'm not down at all this week from where I was last week. I just want this 5.5 pounds of water weight gone. Stay the course, stay the course, stay the course!

I haven't checked in with my aunt, so I'm not sure of her progress. Mom, however, is 2 pounds away from signing the 20 pound board! She's kicking my booty...and her own Haha!
  • Quote: Well, I weighed in and I'm still up 5.5 pounds (as of Tuesday evening). I'm still pep-talking myself and continuing to drink tons of extra water. I've decided not to add any extra salt to anything, so hopefully I'll lose all of this by my Friday weigh-in. At this point, I don't even care if I'm not down at all this week from where I was last week. I just want this 5.5 pounds of water weight gone. Stay the course, stay the course, stay the course!

I haven't checked in with my aunt, so I'm not sure of her progress. Mom, however, is 2 pounds away from signing the 20 pound board! She's kicking my booty...and her own Haha!
    Hang in there you can do it. What did your counselor say? Who do you talk to I usually see Baily, Joy or Jen, no specific one. I lost 2.5 lbs of the 4 lbs I gained the week before but 2lbs out of the 4lbs was muscle gain. All in all not too bad, I can't seem to get past the 168-169 mark. If I stay around 900-1000 calories I seem to lose but geez I'm starving. LOL congrats to your mom she's doing awesome.
  • Quote: Thank you!! I am going to do the pre-conditioning "lightly" until Monday. On Monday I will do pre-conditioning. I will start after the Friday night class. Does the center provide keto sticks, or should I buy them?

I am a little confused by the answer about The Diet Cure book. I have researched it a little bit and it seems to me that the author wants us to quit dieting but, also, likes the Atkins diet. Because Atkins is high protein and low carb, it seems to me, that I can do the supplementation recommended by the author while doing the MRC diet. Maybe that will just complicate things?

My thinking has been very off. I have huge memory problems often. Trying to concentrate on a conversation is hard, at times. Trying to remember something that I know sometimes will just not come to me. That alone is a huge motivator to get my diet and supplements under control.

Should I do the hormone testing at MRC and use their supplements (I wasn't going to). Or, should I try the Diet Cure's supplements? From my research it seems that many people have improved their health vastly by The Diet cure. Also, it seems that the author wants use to supplement for a fixed period (is it 12 weeks) . . . I like the idea of that.

I am open to your thoughts and opinions.
    The book is more about bringing your brain chemistry into balance through supplements and healthy, clean eating. She doesn't eliminate carbs as much as remind us what "healthy carbs" are and how many are bodies NEED (fruits and veggies are carbs and fiber) and she gets into the science of why we need significant amounts of protein at each meal and how that works with the carbs, fat, and muscle. It is about eliminating cravings and eating well...often resulting in healthy bodies - which sometimes means significant weight loss. I'm a fan.
  • Thank you, gumdrop mom, I am going to go ahead and get it on my kindle.

I know on a "normal" day that I don't get enough protein and too much sodium.

I appreciate your input.
  • I saw Joy this last time, and she just said to keep doing what I'm doing since I've remained on plan. She ran a body composition since I was up so much, and it even showed an increase in fat. BUT, the impedance level indicated that the numbers weren't accurate, likely because of the major water retention. I've been downing water like mad and avoided salt all day. When I stepped on the scale at home (after using the restroom at least 8 times while at work), I was down 3 of those 5.5 pounds, so hopefully it will be gone come Friday.