3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC April 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/294324-mrc-april-2014-a.html)

bombshellinprogress 04-06-2014 09:09 PM

I have been doing really well here lately but today I have done bad. Just have been hungry and caved. I had to have sweets!!! Now I will be struggling the next few days because of this little setback :(

skelley331 04-07-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going4Fit (Post 4978931)
skelley, my bottle of 5HTP says it is a 12 hour time release formula. I have no need for controlling my mood and cravings while I'm asleep, so don't see how it would serve any purpose taking it at night. I take it before breakfast with my fish oil and multi-vitamin.

Hmm, I will check that out then, thanks!

skelley331 04-07-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress (Post 4978961)
I have been doing really well here lately but today I have done bad. Just have been hungry and caved. I had to have sweets!!! Now I will be struggling the next few days because of this little setback :(

I can relate big time, I've had these days and just recently. Just remember today is a new day!

gumdropmom 04-07-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going4Fit (Post 4977846)
I haven't been to the center in quite some time; didn't know they were offering 5HTP now. I buy it at Costco. I learned about it from a book called The Diet Cure by Julia Ross. Anyway, I bought it because even though I had no cravings and wasn't hungry while on plan, I was cranky. I felt like an addict who'd had their fix taken away. I could no longer use food to soothe, after all. For me, the 5HTP seems to be working. And I haven't experienced any negative side effects.

I totally just got my "Diet Cure" book back out and have made a list of the supplements I need to pick up! I'm not doing bad but struggling in the worst way with random cravings I just haven't dealt with in MONTHS! I'd love to get the cravings out of the way.

beachrunner695 04-07-2014 01:57 PM

Hi gang! I just started MRC on Saturday and I'm on preconditioning - I've lost 6 pounds already (woot woot!!) I know a lot of that is water, but seeing 6 pounds in 2 days was a huge encouragement.

This is my first time on MRC, but I did LA Weight Loss about 10 years ago and had a lot of success with it...seems to be a very similar program. My mistake last time was deciding that I didn't need to do stabilization and maintenance...wont make that mistake again!

So, I go back Wednesday night and get my new menu - I've heard it will get quite a bit more specific and restrictive, but I am committed and will do this.

Glad to find this board for support!

selway 04-07-2014 02:40 PM

I'm not sure what happened. I posted over the weekend, but it isn't on the site. Hmmm... Anyways, welcome to all of the new people! How exciting. I lost 3 pounds last week but am already nervous about this week. I had horrible cravings over the weekend, broke down and ate 2 cookies, LARGE handful of blue corn chips, drank a soda AND ate some of the kids jelly beans. Hopefully it is all out of my system now. I ate more junk in the last two days than I had this year!! So, back on program this morning and ready to turn it around for the rest of the week.

Everyone have a great, on plan, day!!!

skelley331 04-07-2014 04:44 PM

gumdropmom: I just looked at The Diet Cure today and was checking out the
5HTP, I was taking it in the afternoon and it gave me bad dreams, going4fit said she takes hers in the am with her oils so I might try that again, I loved that book

Welcome beachrunner! You will love the support on this forum and good luck

selway: I have those breakdowns but had a good day yesterday and lost 1.4 lbs of the 2 I gained last week, I didn't go weigh in Saturday I was out of town so I go this Wednesday, but you know what? My clothes are starting to hang on me so if the inches come of then I'm fine with the scale moving slow!!

Goodluck to everyone this week.

geo56 04-07-2014 08:40 PM

Well it is back to the yellow menu for me. They decided this is what I needed to jump start my body into losing again.
I also bought a bottle of the 5 HTP today. They recommended taking one at night. She said she had taken 2 but that gave her bad dreams. I might try taking one in the morning because I feel myself being cranky in the afternoons.
Welcome to all the newcomers!

skelley331 04-07-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo56 (Post 4979743)
Well it is back to the yellow menu for me. They decided this is what I needed to jump start my body into losing again.
I also bought a bottle of the 5 HTP today. They recommended taking one at night. She said she had taken 2 but that gave her bad dreams. I might try taking one in the morning because I feel myself being cranky in the afternoons.
Welcome to all the newcomers!

So you if you go back to the yellow do you have to go to the blue next then the green again?

geo56 04-07-2014 09:54 PM

Yes! They are leaving it up to me whether I do 4 days on yellow before moving on to the blue. I guess if I start losing again I can move on to the blue. I think it is the little things that have slowed me down. I have not eaten anything off plan except some 10 calorie salsa on my chicken and a piece of Colby jack cheese with my eggs. I have really been trying. Oh, I did have some regular ranch dressing the other night.
I have everything all ready for tomorrow. My goals is lose 10 lbs before my cruise in May.

badger 04-07-2014 11:46 PM

Hi all - I started MRC in late March. Trying to figure it all out. I was doing well and have lost weight. Stumbled a bit yesterday but back on track today.

My center told me I need to do 5 HNS/day for my first month. Wow, that adds up fast. Has anyone tried other protein drinks and still had success? Thanks!

skelley331 04-08-2014 08:23 AM

geo56: I eat the sargento Colby jack cheese sticks with one egg every morning for breakfast, my center told me these are great because they are 1oz and only 80 calories. I've gone back to the yellow menu once for 4 days then moved to the green.

badger: my center won't let us drink more than 4 a day but they all seem to have different guidelines I have found from reading on this forum. Good luck

beachrunner695 04-08-2014 11:24 AM

So I have lost 10.2 pounds as of this morning and I just started preconditioning on Saturday. I'm thrilled, but not sure what to think about it. That seems kinda crazy, but I was able to get into a pair of capris this morning that I haven't worn in months so at least some of it is real weight. Has this happened to anyone else? It's going to be very disappointing when I hit the inevitable slowdown.

I'm very interested in these color menus you are all talking about...I guess I will go to one of them when I go to the center Wednesday night? Should I brace myself? is the first one awful?

selway 04-08-2014 02:17 PM

Skelley331 - woot woot on the clothes! I am going to have to check out that book. I looked at the website yesterday and unfortunately, I could answer yes to questions in many of the sections, so I don't know which chapters/supplements to focus on. Oh well, I'll wait until the book comes and see if it has direction.

beachrunner695- WOW! Way to rock preconditioning! You are going to do great! I started on the beige menu for people over 200 lbs, so I have never had to do the blue and yellow menus.

Badger - welcome!

geo56 - way to work the program!

You all have me wondering about the 5HTP and I will have to read more about it.

Having a good, on plan, day here. I had to drink coffee the last two mornings to counterbalance the Benadryl. I have never had allergies before - they are terrible! Everyone have a great day!

AshleyRae 04-08-2014 03:29 PM

Beachrunner, the first two menus are tough, in my opinion. But, you should notice major weight-loss during the first 10 days (which will be the yellow menu for days 1-4 and the blue menu for days 5-10). Try not to get discouraged, though. You are doing great, and I'm sure you'll crush those 10 days!