Old 03-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #1  

Default Keeping it off??

I am thinking about going to MRC because two friend have had great success. I am frustrated because I haven't been able to stick with eating right and at this point I think I just need a little pressure from being "on a program" to get things started. I have a couple of questions:

1. do people typically keep the MRC weight off? From reading your posts I see that it is a ketogenic diet. My experience has been that going off a ketogenitic diet causes a quick regain.

2. can I exercise? I just started a body pump workout (light weights many reps) and I really like it.

3. can I use my advocate vitamins? I already have a 90 day supply and I don't want to invest in a bunch of supplements.

Do you like the diet? How do you feel from doing this diet? Tired? Lot of energy?? restricted???

What say you????
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaXOXO View Post
I am thinking about going to MRC because two friend have had great success. I am frustrated because I haven't been able to stick with eating right and at this point I think I just need a little pressure from being "on a program" to get things started. I have a couple of questions:

1. do people typically keep the MRC weight off? From reading your posts I see that it is a ketogenic diet. My experience has been that going off a ketogenitic diet causes a quick regain. :
2. can I exercise? I just started a body pump workout (light weights many reps) and I really like it.
3. can I use my advocate vitamins? I already have a 90 day supply and I don't want to invest in a bunch of supplements
Do you like the diet? How do you feel from doing this diet? Tired? Lot of energy??
restricted???
What say you????
1.) t's a tough program and yes people have been able to keep it off if you stay on program, I myself went thru it once and regained about 19lbs, I'm back for my second time and after knowing from the first time I went thru it, it's been easier for me, and yes it does work and yes if you don't stick with it you gain quick

2.) while on the program you can't do much exercise until you get to a certain menu and then you can only do 4 hours a week because of the low calorie
3.) it depends if they are compatible with theirs, you do have to purchase the HNS protein drinks, these are a vital part of the program and helps you keep muscle
4.) Yes I like the diet, it helps me stay focused, I feel great, never tired, lots of energy, restricted yes but it's a life changing way to eat right and worth it

This is only my experience, if you read the forum you will see everyone is different. good luck on what ever you do. I can tell you that I've tried everything and this is the program that has worked for me that is the only reason I went back and this time I plan on staying with it because I know it works and when I went off plan I felt like crap! I take their EFA's and total woman which helps me sleep great! Their oils make my hair shine and my complection look great and my nails grow! I also take their MRC-6 which helps the inches fall off, after three weeks I lost 6lbs and 9inches!

Last edited by skelley331; 03-23-2014 at 09:10 PM.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #3  

Skelley, you lost 60 pounds, regained 19, and you are back to get re-focused and pack on program? I just want to make sure I understand correctly. If that is correct then it is GREAT! You are changing the direction at the right time.

Are you saying that it is harder the second time??

I kinda believe in ketosis. I think it is a good thing for overweight people.

My biggest fear it that the diet isn't sustainable in the long term. I have read a lot here and "everyone" seems to be happy with MRC. But, I am aware that the people who didn't have a good experience will not be posting here. I am trying to be objective.

I think I am going to call them today for an appointment.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #4  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaXOXO View Post
Skelley, you lost 60 pounds, regained 19, and you are back to get re-focused and pack on program? I just want to make sure I understand correctly. If that is correct then it is GREAT! You are changing the direction at the right time.

Are you saying that it is harder the second time??

I kinda believe in ketosis. I think it is a good thing for overweight people.

My biggest fear it that the diet isn't sustainable in the long term. I have read a lot here and "everyone" seems to be happy with MRC. But, I am aware that the people who didn't have a good experience will not be posting here. I am trying to be objective.

I think I am going to call them today for an appointment.
LOL; No I lost 39lbs total and 29 1/2 inches
No I think it's easier the second time because you know what to expect
In order to sustain it long term you can't call it a diet, you call it a life changing experience in the way you eat.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I, like skelley, am running through the program a second time. I gained the weight back during pregnancy, and was able to get down to 10 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight afterward by loosely following what I'd learned before.
I rejoined for the accountability. It's a great program and works really well. I didn't formally make it to maintenance as the center defined it, but I was thrilled with where I was. I was able to keep off the weight for 2 years by sticking to the diet 90% of the time and eating off-plan about once every two weeks (a couple slices of pizza and/or a slice of cake or brownie). After the indulgence, I'd get right back on the plan and had no problem keeping off the weight.
I'd encourage anyone to follow the MRC plan, because it's amazingly effective. The first 10 days are a bit irksome, but the rest doesn't feel too restrictive. It's very, very doable, and you should have plenty of energy and not be hungry.
Best of luck!!!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:18 AM   #6  

I think it is great that you learned enough to use the program on your own with only 10 extra pre-pregnancy pounds. I am relieved to hear that you kept the weight off for 2 years. My "coach" said that people who follow all the way through to the year of maintenance keep the weight off. She highly recommended sticking with it even after the weight is off to let them help.

Thank you for the info and support. It is exactly what I needed to hear.

I am on day 2 of preconditioning. I am going to have 17 days of pre-conditioning because we are going to Vegas for a convention and she doesn't want me to try to figure out the program while in Vegas. So, I think I will be ready!!