Consultation tomorrow

• I go to MRC tomorrow, don't know what to expect. Do they push you to buy everything. Been on all kinds of diets, they work for a while then its back to eating all the junk. I need lots of help! Hoping this will work for me. Plan to do the shots and appetite supresents.
  • RoxanneB - From the different people on the forum, it sounds like each center (and possibly even each counselor) is different. My first time around I did have a counselor that pushed everything. I was on Phentatrim, Corti-Trim, MRC6, MSM, 7 keto DHEA, DIM, Natural Balance hormone cream, B6, B12, Guggul, Internal Cleanser, EFAs, Daily Vitamins, and Co Q10. This was in addition to the HNS (high nutrient supplements which is their protein drink)! I don't take that many now. My recommendation is to be firm that they need to explain and prioritize the supplements for you so you can cross the bottom ones off of the list if you need/want to. There are some supplements that sound like they are great if you run into problems (like glucose for hunger/cravings) but you won't know if you will have those problems so you may want to wait and see on those.

It is a great program and you won't be disappointed. They have many supplements - the trick is figuring out which ones work for you. Good luck and keep us posted!! If you decide to join, we have an ongoing thread for each month that people doing the program post to. Hope to see you there!
  • Thanks Selway.
  • Roxanne, I started in February. I am taking most of what Selway listed but not all of them. I am post menopausal so when they mentioned a hormone test, I was intrigued. According to the test I am out of balance and they suggested a cream and Total Woman and they both have helped me sleep. At first it was overwhelming but I have gotten used to taking it all. I have lost 14 lbs so far. I fell hopeful for the first time in a long time that I will lose this weight and be able to keep it off. Good luck tomorrow!
  • Good luck!! I've done MRC off and on for a while. I'd say the MRC 6 is minimum, but you can take your own B6 and B12. You can take your own multivitamin and fish oil, as well. I agree with what others said; don't feel pressured to buy anything. Think about the things they suggest, do your own research, and make decisions best for you. You will have to buy the HNS (high nutrient supplements), but they are essential for preserving muscle on such a low calorie diet. Good luck and let us know if you have any questions!
  • RoxanneB - how did it go?