3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC March 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/293378-mrc-march-2014-a.html)

skelley331 03-01-2014 06:06 PM

MRC March 2014

Well finally it's march so I'm looking forward to spring if it every gets here.

patzi 03-02-2014 08:15 AM

Hello Everyone...

Well, here is another month. I want to wish y'all a great weight loss month and remember, think thin.

Patzi

hatethesweatpants 03-02-2014 09:51 AM

Shorts, tank tops, skirts and bathing suits are on the way....time to focus for me and not lose steam. Not to mention, my crossfit coach makes us run miles and miles and miles a week in the heat....much easier -20lbs! Happy March, all!

bombshellinprogress 03-02-2014 05:41 PM

Happy March ladies! Hope everyone is keeping warm and staying on plan. I've been really hungry today but finally busted that darn plateau!!!

geo56 03-02-2014 06:00 PM

Hello everyone! It is a beautiful spring day here in the Fl panhandle. This day 23 for me and I am doing great.
Wishing everyone great success this week.

selway 03-02-2014 07:38 PM

Woot woot bombshellinprogress!!!

Geo56, way to work the program!

I posted on here yesterday but it didn't post for some reason. I lost three pounds last week. I'm happy since I had the Gatorade and chicken noodle soup while recovering from a horrible flu. I also took the week off of exercise to see if it would help my back. I am back to my Jillian Michaels program tomorrow. I am making my lunches for the next few days and fixing my dinner - turkey burger (without the bun).

I hit my first -25 pounds goal so I treated myself to a pedicure yesterday! I am now classified as obese and not morbidly obese. Next - overweight! Sounds odd to be celebrating being obese, but it is progress!

hatethesweatpants - thanks for all of the encouragement!

Skelley331 - glad to hear the progress continues!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to another great week. We can do this!!

skelley331 03-02-2014 07:51 PM

tomorrow starts my new week, my days run Monday-sunday! I weigh in on Saturday this week. Had a great day today, stripped wallpaper border and getting ready to paint tomorrow, we are getting a lot of snow right now so I thought since I was going to be stuck in I would do something productive.

Patzi: yes we all need to think thin
bombshellinprogress: Woot Woot, glad you broke the plateau, I knew you could do it
geo56: Glad you are having great success way to go!
selway: congrats! And I love my pedicures!!!

Here is to another great month!!
:kissluck:

bombshellinprogress 03-02-2014 09:33 PM

Thank you all so much for the support!

AshleyRae 03-03-2014 11:54 AM

Wow! Sounds like everyone is completely owning this month already! Way to go and keep it up!!!
I'm on the devil of the yellow menu, but having the flu (or the plague, which is how I feel!) makes the restrictions tolerable ;) Silver linings, right?
I'm hoping that my weigh-in tomorrow will show some loss, even though I've not been able to eat everything that was allowed. I hope it didn't send me into starvation mode or anything. Fingers crossed!
Mom's been doing SUPER well, and is enjoying things so far. I'm sure she'll see awesome results tomorrow at her weigh-in, too. I'm more excited for her than I am for myself!

Keep up the GREAT work, everyone!!!

selway 03-03-2014 05:57 PM

AshleyRae - LOL on the plague comment and way to go thinking that the plague is a silver lining! :)

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

bombshellinprogress 03-04-2014 08:59 AM

Last week when I went into the center, I discussed always being hungry with one of the counselors. Her theory was that my body was just gonna have to adjust because I was one that was used to eating every few hours (which is what I've always been taught in the past). She looked over my menu and said that everything looked great and I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Has anyone else had this experience or heard of anyone getting snacks (such as a few nuts or something). I don't feel like I'm gonna stick with this if I'm always hungry!!!!

hatethesweatpants 03-04-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress (Post 4956150)
Last week when I went into the center, I discussed always being hungry with one of the counselors. Her theory was that my body was just gonna have to adjust because I was one that was used to eating every few hours (which is what I've always been taught in the past). She looked over my menu and said that everything looked great and I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Has anyone else had this experience or heard of anyone getting snacks (such as a few nuts or something). I don't feel like I'm gonna stick with this if I'm always hungry!!!!

It DID take a while for my body to adjust - but it does. It's a painful process and no, there are no snacks besides HNS. If you really don't think you can stick with it, you might try asking for a different menu - MetaBalance (I switched to this after I stopped losing on MetaSlim (which wasn't enough calories for my activity level) or MetaProtein (which is what I'm on now). Also, make sure you're getting your water.

skelley331 03-04-2014 10:23 AM

Well I'm not sure what's happening with me either! Last Friday I weighed in and was down 2.5 lbs, started the green menu last Thursday and this morning on my scales I was up 3.4lbs and usually the center scales are another lb higher than mine! I don't weigh in until this Saturday so I hope my body straightens out!!!

bombshellinprogress 03-04-2014 11:05 AM

Hmmm....I've never gained just have gotten stuck for like a week. I'll be curious to see what happens when you weigh in.

bombshellinprogress 03-04-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants (Post 4956173)
It DID take a while for my body to adjust - but it does. It's a painful process and no, there are no snacks besides HNS. If you really don't think you can stick with it, you might try asking for a different menu - MetaBalance (I switched to this after I stopped losing on MetaSlim (which wasn't enough calories for my activity level) or MetaProtein (which is what I'm on now). Also, make sure you're getting your water.

How long were you on MetaSlim?

selway 03-04-2014 01:18 PM

Skelley331 - Hmmm.....salt? Like bobshellinprogress said, - it will be interesting to see what happens on the next weigh in.

How is everyone else doing? Geo56? Tractorbeam? AshleyRae?

My doctor said no jumping (plyometrics) and no exercises with weights on the shoulders or back (like squats with a bar). I can work with that! I am still doing Jillian's Body Revolution, but modify the cardio intervals so they aren't going to compress my spine. During the cardio day workouts I can use the elliptical or do my P90X yoga (HARD for me).

The sun is finally out here today and it is welcome!!! Everyone have a great day!

skelley331 03-04-2014 02:57 PM

I'm not sure what it could be, I didn't over eat, Saturday my husband and I split wood and stacked 4 big racks for about 4 hrs, then sunday and Monday I stripped wallpaper border and painted for about 8 hrs. Seems like when I do a lot of work like that I stall or gain, could it be because I burned so many calories based on what I eat on the green menu which is around 900 calories?

hatethesweatpants 03-04-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress (Post 4956257)
How long were you on MetaSlim?

I lost 72lbs in 9 months and was on metaslim for about the first 7.

geo56 03-04-2014 09:58 PM

Selway- I am doing good. Thanks for asking! Looks like my weight loss is going to be slow and steady. 9 lbs in 4 weeks. I am following the program as close as possible. The only thing I might be fudging on is salad dressing. I make my own using Good Seasons package recipe for less fat. I can not stand Walden Farms dressings as they are way too sweet for me. Anyone have any suggestions?
Glad to hear everyone is having a good week.
I went to connections class tonight. We talked about emotional eating. Is your hunger head or emotional hunger. It was very interesting.

MarleneV 03-04-2014 10:52 PM

Hi all, I thought I'd stop by and see who was around and how things were going.

Nice to see that you are back at it Skelley. And that Patzi is doing as well as ever. good luck to the rest of you.

I'm still maintaining under my MRC goal and usually within a 2 lb range. Don't usually have MRC HNS anymore, and transitioned onto vitamins that I can get locally instead of having shipped to me (my center was in CO and I live in TX). It's a great program, and maintenance has gone well for me since hitting my goal last June.

hatethesweatpants 03-05-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4956458)
I'm not sure what it could be, I didn't over eat, Saturday my husband and I split wood and stacked 4 big racks for about 4 hrs, then sunday and Monday I stripped wallpaper border and painted for about 8 hrs. Seems like when I do a lot of work like that I stall or gain, could it be because I burned so many calories based on what I eat on the green menu which is around 900 calories?

Bet that's exactly what happened, in addition to your muscles retaining water. Hang in there!

hatethesweatpants 03-05-2014 07:55 AM

Well, I started the B12 injections yesterday. I just couldn't get a hold of my low energy level. On days I didn't exercise or ride horses, I felt ok, but on the days where I did, I was exhausted beyond belief. I'm hoping this helps! I was so tired during the day and woke up in the middle of the night. Has anyone else done the B injections? Also will start 7 keto dhea this week. Fingers crossed.

bombshellinprogress 03-05-2014 09:01 AM

I used to get the B injections at a different weight loss center and not sure how much they helped but when I was going there I wasn't tired like I am now and I was eating carbs. Maybe I should consider doing those again to see how it helps me out. I'm used to working out 3 to 4 times a week but since joining mrc, I can't find the strength.

skelley331 03-05-2014 09:32 AM

Good morning all:

geo56: I know you can use lowfat or light Italian dressing
marleneV: glad to hear you are doing great on maintenance, I only hope I can do the same when I real my goal

hatethesweatpants: I think you might be right, this morning I was down 1.4 lbs this morning so maybe I was retaining water. Hopefully it keeps going down, I did the B12 injections and they worked for me about the first 2-3 wks then after that I didn't see any changes, what is the 7 keto dhea?

bombshellinprogress: If they helped before they might help you again.

selway: hope all is going good for you, I don't eat a lot of sodium so salt not sure?

tractorbeam 03-05-2014 09:46 AM

I'm still on plan. Work is crazytown this week!

I switched up my menu and it seems to be helping. The first few weeks I ate the same things at every meal. Starting last Friday, I've been really mixing it up. I started the program at 227.5 (on 2/14) and this morning (on my home scale) it says I'm 219. My clothes are looser and I just feel better. It's excitiing!

However, I keep dreaming about eating steak fajitas and chocolate pie. Lol! I guess it's one way to "cheat" without actually cheating. I am usually hungry between 3PM-4PM so I just shove some raw broccoli or green beans in my mouth. It really helps tide my hunger over until dinner. I canNOT eat 6ozs of chicken/pork/fish. I'm averaging about 3.5ozs. I'm having a straight-up mental war with chicken right now.

bombshellinprogress 03-05-2014 11:25 AM

I can't really eat chicken anymore as well. I sometimes will fry up a turkey burger and eat it with Walden Farms bar-b-q sauce or some Sara Lee reduced sodium roasted chicken or turkey breasts from the deli. I totally burnt myself out on chicken

AshleyRae 03-05-2014 11:59 AM

Hey ladies!
Just checking in to let you know that my mom lost 6 POUNDS!!! She said, "I really don't think that scale is right. I can't have lost that much." Hahahaha! Just wait until the next weigh-in when the scale is down even more. She's so hopeful, but she's scared that it's just an illusion ;) Funny gal.
I was down 2.5 pounds. I'm great with that, but they wanted me to go back to preconditioning and then the yellow menu again once I'm over this bug. I begged and pleaded to keep going and hop on blue, though. I had only had a couple of things off-plan (nothing food-wise, just medicine that wasn't listed, like an antacid tablet). When my food diary was checked, I was told I could keep progressing through to the blue menu. THANK HEAVENS!!! I just want to get this show on the road. On the plus side, I'm only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Woohoo!!!

And for all of you who are sick of chicken: if you've got a Capt. D's near you, they've got a new menu item of grilled fish that is really just beyond fantastic. You might consider trying that for a change of pace.

selway 03-05-2014 12:07 PM

MarleneV and Patzi - thank you for the inspiration, you ladies are amazing!

tractorbeam and geo56 - woot woot on the losses!

Geo56 - I got tired of salad and salad dressings (like some people on here are tired of chicken) so I eat mostly other vegetables and have salad infrequently, so I am no help there.

Skelley331 - Yes, that does sound like a lot of work! Muscle water weight sounds like the culprit.

I have been wondering about the B12 injections. Dumb question but do they only help you if you are low on B12?

Well, I had a really bad food day yesterday. A Trader Joe's opened here and I bought a bunch of snacky stuff for my family to eat and then ate it too. So disappointed in myself that I didn't stop at just one cookie. Just proves to me that I can't have that stuff in the house. I knew better too! Back on program today. Ugh.

Everyone have a great Wednesday!!!!

skelley331 03-05-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 4957118)
Hey ladies!
Just checking in to let you know that my mom lost 6 POUNDS!!! She said, "I really don't think that scale is right. I can't have lost that much." Hahahaha! Just wait until the next weigh-in when the scale is down even more. She's so hopeful, but she's scared that it's just an illusion ;) Funny gal.
I was down 2.5 pounds. I'm great with that, but they wanted me to go back to preconditioning and then the yellow menu again once I'm over this bug. I begged and pleaded to keep going and hop on blue, though. I had only had a couple of things off-plan (nothing food-wise, just medicine that wasn't listed, like an antacid tablet). When my food diary was checked, I was told I could keep progressing through to the blue menu. THANK HEAVENS!!! I just want to get this show on the road. On the plus side, I'm only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Woohoo!!!

And for all of you who are sick of chicken: if you've got a Capt. D's near you, they've got a new menu item of grilled fish that is really just beyond fantastic. You might consider trying that for a change of pace.

Congrats to you and your mom on your weight loss: I see you are from Indiana what center do you go to ? I'm from Indiana and go to the one in Columbus, IN

skelley331 03-05-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selway (Post 4957125)
MarleneV and Patzi - thank you for the inspiration, you ladies are amazing!

tractorbeam and geo56 - woot woot on the losses!

Geo56 - I got tired of salad and salad dressings (like some people on here are tired of chicken) so I eat mostly other vegetables and have salad infrequently, so I am no help there.

Skelley331 - Yes, that does sound like a lot of work! Muscle water weight sounds like the culprit.

I have been wondering about the B12 injections. Dumb question but do they only help you if you are low on B12?

Well, I had a really bad food day yesterday. A Trader Joe's opened here and I bought a bunch of snacky stuff for my family to eat and then ate it too. So disappointed in myself that I didn't stop at just one cookie. Just proves to me that I can't have that stuff in the house. I knew better too! Back on program today. Ugh.

Everyone have a great Wednesday!!!!

selway: when I was doing the injections the nurse giving the shots said a lot of the ladies where complaining of not having any good results after a few weeks, and yes if your body isn't low on B12 it just flushes thru your body, she told me it's great for the elderly and cheaper than going to the dr to get them.

selway 03-05-2014 02:48 PM

AshleyRae - Wow for your mom and wow for you! Great job! I hope you get feeling better soon.

AshleyRae 03-05-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4957172)
Congrats to you and your mom on your weight loss: I see you are from Indiana what center do you go to ? I'm from Indiana and go to the one in Columbus, IN

Us, too :) :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by selway (Post 4957263)
AshleyRae - Wow for your mom and wow for you! Great job! I hope you get feeling better soon.

Thank you so much!

skelley331 03-05-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 4957292)
Us, too :) :D

Thank you so much!

You and your mom go to the Columbus, IN center, that's awesome

AshleyRae 03-05-2014 04:01 PM

I often wondered if the "Indiana" people on here were local to me. What a small world!

skelley331 03-05-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 4957321)
I often wondered if the "Indiana" people on here were local to me. What a small world!

Yes what a small world! I think there are only a few centers here in Indiana! When do you and your mom go to the center? I'm going this Saturday to weigh in and I get measured this time for inches.

geo56 03-05-2014 09:54 PM

I am trying not to get burned out on chicken. I am eating more fish. Tonight I crushed up some garlic Melba toast, added some parmesan cheese and put on some tilapia filets and baked them. It was good. I made enough to have leftovers tomorrow.
Has anyone tried making pizza with the 50 calorie tortilla? That was very good. I am trying to be more creative in the kitchen and if something doesn't taste like I think it should, I try to change my thinking and accept it for what it is. Oh, I also roasted spaghetti squash and I roasted the seeds. I sprinkled some Ms. Dash chili lime on them and they were good, it the spot for a crunchy snack.
Have a good evening!

hatethesweatpants 03-06-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo56 (Post 4957533)
I am trying not to get burned out on chicken. I am eating more fish. Tonight I crushed up some garlic Melba toast, added some parmesan cheese and put on some tilapia filets and baked them. It was good. I made enough to have leftovers tomorrow.
Has anyone tried making pizza with the 50 calorie tortilla? That was very good. I am trying to be more creative in the kitchen and if something doesn't taste like I think it should, I try to change my thinking and accept it for what it is. Oh, I also roasted spaghetti squash and I roasted the seeds. I sprinkled some Ms. Dash chili lime on them and they were good, it the spot for a crunchy snack.
Have a good evening!

I LOVE spaghetti squash and cook mine in the microwave to make it a little quicker. Lop off the ends, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds. Place face down in a 13x9 glass pan and add an inch of water. Cover with vented plastic wrap and cook on high about 20 minutes. I've never thought about roasting the seeds!

bombshellinprogress 03-06-2014 12:12 PM

So I went to the center last night after feeling really discouraged with being hungry a lot and not losing weight again. We are gonna try switching up my breakfast to see if that helps any. In 11 days, I have only lost a half of a pound BUT I did gain 4 pounds of lean muscle and my fat percentage went down. Yes that's good but I hate that I am always focusing on that darn number on the scales:(

selway 03-06-2014 02:06 PM

bombshellinprogress - Ugh, that would be frustrating! Yes, the muscle gain and fat % reduction are FANTASTIC - but I know how you feel - Especially when you have worked so hard!

I weigh in on Saturday but am not looking forward to it because of my indiscretion earlier in the week. I didn't let that one day tank my week though and have been on program ever since. I read something the other day but can't remember where - something to the effect of "If you get a flat tire, you fix it and move on. You don't slash the other three..."

Geo56 - I don't think I ever had spaghetti squash before joining MRC. I love it! I am experimenting with all kinds of recipes that I wouldn't have tried before. I am looking for some buffalo burger this weekend!

patzi 03-06-2014 02:11 PM

Hello...

Had maintenance weigh in today.. I maintained at 5 pounds under goal.

I have a chili type food going on in my crockpot .. If y'all can have that, adapt your recipe to one that is on program. I use ground turkey, as I do not eat any red meat. I do not put the beans in because hubby does not like them, but the veggies and the seasonings do the trick. I made this while on program with the allowed foods .

If you are allowed a pasta, when I was on program, I use to have my ground turkey chili and would add 1/4 cup pasta like whole wheat elbows to it, and it was a change and good. Pasta is a trigger food for me, so if I had that, I had no other breads for the day. But that is me.

Wishing you all a good weigh in week.

Patzi

I