Old 03-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #61  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Well much to my surprise I only gained 1 lb BUT I lost 9 inches, yahoo! I was so afraid I would have gained like 2-3lbs so I feel fortunate! My counselor suggested trying hot chocolate at night so instead of drinking 4 HNS's go to three and then the hot chocolate, I'm also going to try the glucose for 30 days, it's suppose to stop sweet cravings. So all's not lost like I thought it was going to be. Had a great day today and hope to continue on, I know I will eventually get this all worked out and I appreciate all your support once again on here.

Selway thank you for your encouragement! Congrats on your 2lbs lost last week!

We can all do this!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #62  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Skelley331 - Nine inches?! Fantastic!

I am drinking my hot chocolate as I read this! It definitely helps me - something to look forward to at the end of the night and sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. I was just told that I have a sensitivity to dairy and gluten and I am really dreading giving up my hot chocolate. I forgot to ask if the sensitivity is lactose or casein - so I am drinking it until I find out (and giving myself some time to mentally prepare for the separation) .

ShadowKat - there are other menus out there too if that one doesn't fit all of your needs. Hatethesweatpants has mentioned metabalance.
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Well much to my surprise I only gained 1 lb BUT I lost 9 inches, yahoo! I was so afraid I would have gained like 2-3lbs so I feel fortunate! My counselor suggested trying hot chocolate at night so instead of drinking 4 HNS's go to three and then the hot chocolate, I'm also going to try the glucose for 30 days, it's suppose to stop sweet cravings. So all's not lost like I thought it was going to be. Had a great day today and hope to continue on, I know I will eventually get this all worked out and I appreciate all your support once again on here.

Selway thank you for your encouragement! Congrats on your 2lbs lost last week!

We can all do this!
9 inches!!!!! That is flipping fantastic woman!!!

I did something so horrible ladies. Friday afternoon something overcame me while at work. I had this huge craving for sweets and nothing in the vending machines were worth the calories. So what do I do? I got in the car and drove to my favorite bakery in town and bought a huge brownie with cream cheese icing and also a sugar cookie with icing. I couldn't wait to get to my car so I could inhale all that sugar without anyone seeing me. It tasted like heaven and so that set the stage for the rest of the night eating nothing but bad foods. I also gave in on Saturday and ate pretty much whatever as well. So how many pounds did all that junk equal??? A 4 pound gain my friends...... Why did I do this to myself?
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress View Post
9 inches!!!!! That is flipping fantastic woman!!!

I did something so horrible ladies. Friday afternoon something overcame me while at work. I had this huge craving for sweets and nothing in the vending machines were worth the calories. So what do I do? I got in the car and drove to my favorite bakery in town and bought a huge brownie with cream cheese icing and also a sugar cookie with icing. I couldn't wait to get to my car so I could inhale all that sugar without anyone seeing me. It tasted like heaven and so that set the stage for the rest of the night eating nothing but bad foods. I also gave in on Saturday and ate pretty much whatever as well. So how many pounds did all that junk equal??? A 4 pound gain my friends...... Why did I do this to myself?
Today is a new day! Stop beating yourself up this minute. Forgive yourself, forget it and move on! I am new to this program so I really can't tell you were to start, maybe back to the yellow menu for a couple of days? Take it one meal, one snack, one day at a time. You can do this! We are all in this together!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo56 View Post
Today is a new day! Stop beating yourself up this minute. Forgive yourself, forget it and move on! I am new to this program so I really can't tell you were to start, maybe back to the yellow menu for a couple of days? Take it one meal, one snack, one day at a time. You can do this! We are all in this together!
Completely agreed. And maybe journal your feelings before and around the time you binged, as well as how you felt after.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #66  
Sherry, Senior Member

selway! Thanks I was sooo surprised myself, today I'm going to try the glucose and see if it curbs my night cravings, I only got one package of the hot chocolate to try just in case I didn't like it. I go Wednesday for my weigh in this week since I'm off and will be out of town Saturday so I'm going to get a box. I'm sorry to hear you have to give yours up or hopefully you won't have to when you find out about the sensitivity!

bombshellinprogress: yes don't beat yourself up because we have all been there done that more than once and I just did it myself. One day at a time and today is a new day
Old 03-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #67  

I'm back on plan today so I haven't given up. Thank you my friends!
Old 03-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #68  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress View Post
I'm back on plan today so I haven't given up. Thank you my friends!
Yay!!! good job!
Old 03-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #69  
Idaho

Bombshellinprogress - way to recover! As someone already said, we all have those days!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #70  
Sherry, Senior Member

Okay I started my glucose tonight at dinner and it's 9:15 pm and no cravings! I'm hoping this is going to help me get the night cravings under control so I don't have to continue taking the glucose, it's only for 30 days and what I've read that you don't have to stay on it permanently that your body will get balanced. So I'm super excited about this.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #71  
Idaho

skelley331 - good news!!!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Okay I started my glucose tonight at dinner and it's 9:15 pm and no cravings! I'm hoping this is going to help me get the night cravings under control so I don't have to continue taking the glucose, it's only for 30 days and what I've read that you don't have to stay on it permanently that your body will get balanced. So I'm super excited about this.
You may have said earlier in one of your posts, but is this a supplement?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #73  
Sherry, Senior Member

Well I weighed myself this morning at home and I've lost the 1 lb I gained yay!!!

bombshellinprogress: It's a supplement, I take two capsules with my dinner to stop the late night sweet cravings and it does work!!

selway: Thanks
Old 03-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #74  

Did you purchase the supplement at MRC?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #75  
Idaho

bombshellinprogress - I was wondering the same thing so I looked on the MRC web store page. Here is a description of the ingredients and how it works:

http://www.weightlossmrc.com/weight-...lucose-formula

I had to email them about all of the typos on this page! I know I find a source less credible if it is filled with typos.....

Happy Monday everyone! I am feeling the time change this morning, yuck. Everyone have a great, on plan, day!!!