Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Happy Friday everyone! I'm not so happy today, last night I couldn't control my late night eating habit!! I ended up eating a MRC vanilla wafer bar, then to top it off I ate ruffles chips! I hate this so much. This happened after I finished doing the MRC program last year and that's why I gained 19lbs back. Maybe I have a problem and I don't know what to do. I'm so frustrated right now. I haven't been able to stick to the plan 100% since I re-started. When I did it the first time I did great why can't I do it now?? I just want to cry
You'll never believe this but last night after eating dinner I caved and also ate a vanilla wafer bar!!!! I actually ate both in the pack! I did go to turbo kick class and it was intense so I was really starving by the time all was said and done. You just can't do intense cardio for 50 minutes and eat the same amount of food as someone who hasn't done any exercise.
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
bombshell - 1/2lb in 11 days? Yes, I would start demanding a menu change up. A week plateau is one thing, but 11 days is crazy. I'm sure they'll try to talk you into more supplements; I would stick with food changes. So sorry! That is so frustrating!

geo - YAY! Bet that feels great!!!

patzi - way to go! And thanks for the chili idea!

The B12 injections seem to be doing me some good. I've not felt the need to nap all day. Rode horses and did crossfit yesterday and slept better than I have in two weeks. Maybe my kids will like me a little more today... hehehe.

Funny thing is, we talked about switching up my breakfast food but the girl never once suggested any supplements. That is one good thing that I can say about the Columbus location. They have never really tried to sell me anything other than the HNS. I'm gonna hang in there a little bit longer with this menu and see what happens but I did get depressed and ate a vanilla wafer bar last night when I was done with dinner and I ate a cookie yesterday
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #48  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress View Post
You'll never believe this but last night after eating dinner I caved and also ate a vanilla wafer bar!!!! I actually ate both in the pack! I did go to turbo kick class and it was intense so I was really starving by the time all was said and done. You just can't do intense cardio for 50 minutes and eat the same amount of food as someone who hasn't done any exercise.
I'm not sure what to do, I'm going to talk to them when I go tomorrow, but I'm taking cortitrim which is suppose to curb your appetite and reduce stress levels, and MRC-6 which is also a appetite supresent and helps lose inches, and the raspberry ketone which is suppose to burn your fat already in your body and block what's coming in. I'm afraid when I weigh in tomorrow that i'll show a gain. Grrr, I'm about ready to give up
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I'm not sure what to do, I'm going to talk to them when I go tomorrow, but I'm taking cortitrim which is suppose to curb your appetite and reduce stress levels, and MRC-6 which is also a appetite supresent and helps lose inches, and the raspberry ketone which is suppose to burn your fat already in your body and block what's coming in. I'm afraid when I weigh in tomorrow that i'll show a gain. Grrr, I'm about ready to give up
Skelley - one mistake does not a failure make!!! Don't give up! What you eat DOES NOT define who you are as a person. It's a fuel for your body, plain and simple. Take a deep breath and start channeling your frustration into something you're good at that doesn't have anything to do with eating or food. I've been on this roller coaster for so many years and have finally made peace with this - take it from me - beating yourself up and giving up only puts you back where you started, which is fat and frustrated. Gotta keep your chin up and keep doing the hard daily work. Brush it off, move on, make good choices today. And if you can't manage the day, just make them this hour, then the next, then the next.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #50  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

skelley331 - Don't give up!!! You have been making great progress. So you don't follow the plan 100%, you are still losing. And even if you don't this week, there is always next week. The first time I did the program, I lost a lot of weight fast. I was doing boot camp and felt like I was starving myself. I ate the meat for meals 100% plain with not even parsley on it because it might add carbs..... Absolutely nothing on my lettuce, etc. I felt like I was depriving myself but only in the short term so it was worth it. But, when the deprivation period was over I swung the other way and binged. Also, I had the hardest time making the committment to try the diet again (as desperately as I needed it) because I didn't know if I wanted to do the whole deprivation thing again. This time I am trying to be smarter. I do have flavor to my food so I don't feel like I am depriving myself of everything for months. Last night I had chile, lime, garlic shrimp. So tasty! I'd say find out what works for you that stays within the program guidelines so you don't feel like you are "cheating" and don't beat yourself up about it. You can do this!!!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #51  
Idaho

Geo56 - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #52  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selway View Post
skelley331 - Don't give up!!! You have been making great progress. So you don't follow the plan 100%, you are still losing. And even if you don't this week, there is always next week. The first time I did the program, I lost a lot of weight fast. I was doing boot camp and felt like I was starving myself. I ate the meat for meals 100% plain with not even parsley on it because it might add carbs..... Absolutely nothing on my lettuce, etc. I felt like I was depriving myself but only in the short term so it was worth it. But, when the deprivation period was over I swung the other way and binged. Also, I had the hardest time making the committment to try the diet again (as desperately as I needed it) because I didn't know if I wanted to do the whole deprivation thing again. This time I am trying to be smarter. I do have flavor to my food so I don't feel like I am depriving myself of everything for months. Last night I had chile, lime, garlic shrimp. So tasty! I'd say find out what works for you that stays within the program guidelines so you don't feel like you are "cheating" and don't beat yourself up about it. You can do this!!!
selway: Thanks for the encouragement it's tough this time around I guess because I know what happened that last time I did the program. I do great all day long and thru supper it's the night time that seems to hurt the most and for the life of me I can't figure out why I just cant say no don't eat this or that! I don't want to take more pills that's for sure. I'm going to talk to my counselor tomorrow when I weigh in and this time I get measured for inches lost. I'm almost afraid to go in but I have to bite the bullet sometime. And you're right there is always next week. I didn't gain this over night.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 163/158/135

I'm curious. How does everyone exercise while on the green menu? I figured its about 900 calories and during my 30 minute workouts I know via heart rate monitor I burn 350-420 calories and the rest of the food for the day doesn't seem to make up for it. I feel like its hurting me more than its helping
ShadowKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Thank you everyone! It does feel good and is motivating me towards the next 10 lbs.
I work back in the office of at Walmart but today they needed extra help stocking the snack aisle! It didn't bother me a bit to be around all those chips and my trigger food, POPCORN!
Plus they had birthday cake in the lounge, no problem! It is has been easy for me but it took me a long time to get my mind in the right place. In the last year I tried so many different diets, 17 Day Diet, Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig again. I lost 80 lbs on Jenny but gained 50 lbs back. I was so depressed and miserable. I was ready.
Skelley, please don't give up. Have you tried making a frosty type drink with the chocolate pudding? I use 4-5 ice cubes, 1/2 can of Canfield's chocolate soda and chocolate pudding. Give it swirl in my Ninja. Pore it in a glass and put it in the freezer for 20 minutes. It is so good! If you like coffee, you can put a teaspoon of instant coffee in it.
Keep coming here for support if you feel like eating of plan. We are all in this together.
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #55  
Sherry, Senior Member

Geo56: Thanks for the support, today was a disaster, I had mcdonalds hamburger and small fry and for supper a Wendy's jr cheeseburger and fry!
I called the center today and told them what was going on, I've been eating everything on plan during the day but at night is when something kicks in to eat chips/choc. I've tried the choc pudding/shake but seems to not work. I read somewhere that the night cravings are caused from not eating enough thru the day, who knows! Anyway I'm anxious to go tomorrow not to weigh or get measured because I'm sure I've screwed up the 5.5 lbs I've lost already and not sure I've lost any inches although yesterday I went and bought a pair of miss me jeans and had to go down a size I guess that's a plus. I'll post tomorrow on what my results are and what I find out from my counselor on what to do. I love coming here because of all the support. I have to get a handle on this night food for sure. I'm wondering if my hormones are out of balance.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #56  
Idaho

Good morning! It is a glorious sunny day here and I am looking forward to getting outside with the kids today. It has been rainy for a week and is supposed to start raining again tomorrow. We are going to soak it up while we can! I lost 2 pounds last week. I'll take it! With my one binge last week and feeling bloated and nasty today (TOM), I am happy. This week is going to be a good week.

Geo56 - you have so many great ideas for working the program. I am going to have to try the frosty drink, that sounds good!

Skelley331 - one day at a time. Smaller size jeans??!!! That is awesome!!! I'll be interested to see what your counselor says. One thing I thought of - are you getting all of your protein during the day?

ShadowKat - I am doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. It is only 30 minutes per day and I have to take it easy on any of the plyometric cardio intervals (bulging disc in my back). But - I should add that I am over 200 lbs so I am on the beige menu which is more calories per day than the green menu.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #57  

Is there any menu past the green menu or is that the one I will be on until I reach my goal and head into maintenance? If so, I may need to talk to my consultant about what I could add in for more energy.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #58  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKat View Post
Is there any menu past the green menu or is that the one I will be on until I reach my goal and head into maintenance? If so, I may need to talk to my consultant about what I could add in for more energy.
You stay on the green menu until you reach your goal weight then you go into stabilization for six weeks.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #59  

Thanks Skelley!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #60  
Idaho

Skelley331 - how did it go? Did they have any good suggestions for you?