3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC March 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/293378-mrc-march-2014-a.html)

selway 03-05-2014 02:48 PM

AshleyRae - Wow for your mom and wow for you! Great job! I hope you get feeling better soon.

AshleyRae 03-05-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4957172)
Congrats to you and your mom on your weight loss: I see you are from Indiana what center do you go to ? I'm from Indiana and go to the one in Columbus, IN

Us, too :) :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by selway (Post 4957263)
AshleyRae - Wow for your mom and wow for you! Great job! I hope you get feeling better soon.

Thank you so much!

skelley331 03-05-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 4957292)
Us, too :) :D

Thank you so much!

You and your mom go to the Columbus, IN center, that's awesome

AshleyRae 03-05-2014 04:01 PM

I often wondered if the "Indiana" people on here were local to me. What a small world!

skelley331 03-05-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 4957321)
I often wondered if the "Indiana" people on here were local to me. What a small world!

Yes what a small world! I think there are only a few centers here in Indiana! When do you and your mom go to the center? I'm going this Saturday to weigh in and I get measured this time for inches.

geo56 03-05-2014 09:54 PM

I am trying not to get burned out on chicken. I am eating more fish. Tonight I crushed up some garlic Melba toast, added some parmesan cheese and put on some tilapia filets and baked them. It was good. I made enough to have leftovers tomorrow.
Has anyone tried making pizza with the 50 calorie tortilla? That was very good. I am trying to be more creative in the kitchen and if something doesn't taste like I think it should, I try to change my thinking and accept it for what it is. Oh, I also roasted spaghetti squash and I roasted the seeds. I sprinkled some Ms. Dash chili lime on them and they were good, it the spot for a crunchy snack.
Have a good evening!

hatethesweatpants 03-06-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo56 (Post 4957533)
I am trying not to get burned out on chicken. I am eating more fish. Tonight I crushed up some garlic Melba toast, added some parmesan cheese and put on some tilapia filets and baked them. It was good. I made enough to have leftovers tomorrow.
Has anyone tried making pizza with the 50 calorie tortilla? That was very good. I am trying to be more creative in the kitchen and if something doesn't taste like I think it should, I try to change my thinking and accept it for what it is. Oh, I also roasted spaghetti squash and I roasted the seeds. I sprinkled some Ms. Dash chili lime on them and they were good, it the spot for a crunchy snack.
Have a good evening!

I LOVE spaghetti squash and cook mine in the microwave to make it a little quicker. Lop off the ends, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds. Place face down in a 13x9 glass pan and add an inch of water. Cover with vented plastic wrap and cook on high about 20 minutes. I've never thought about roasting the seeds!

bombshellinprogress 03-06-2014 12:12 PM

So I went to the center last night after feeling really discouraged with being hungry a lot and not losing weight again. We are gonna try switching up my breakfast to see if that helps any. In 11 days, I have only lost a half of a pound BUT I did gain 4 pounds of lean muscle and my fat percentage went down. Yes that's good but I hate that I am always focusing on that darn number on the scales:(

selway 03-06-2014 02:06 PM

bombshellinprogress - Ugh, that would be frustrating! Yes, the muscle gain and fat % reduction are FANTASTIC - but I know how you feel - Especially when you have worked so hard!

I weigh in on Saturday but am not looking forward to it because of my indiscretion earlier in the week. I didn't let that one day tank my week though and have been on program ever since. I read something the other day but can't remember where - something to the effect of "If you get a flat tire, you fix it and move on. You don't slash the other three..."

Geo56 - I don't think I ever had spaghetti squash before joining MRC. I love it! I am experimenting with all kinds of recipes that I wouldn't have tried before. I am looking for some buffalo burger this weekend!

patzi 03-06-2014 02:11 PM

Hello...

Had maintenance weigh in today.. I maintained at 5 pounds under goal.

I have a chili type food going on in my crockpot .. If y'all can have that, adapt your recipe to one that is on program. I use ground turkey, as I do not eat any red meat. I do not put the beans in because hubby does not like them, but the veggies and the seasonings do the trick. I made this while on program with the allowed foods .

If you are allowed a pasta, when I was on program, I use to have my ground turkey chili and would add 1/4 cup pasta like whole wheat elbows to it, and it was a change and good. Pasta is a trigger food for me, so if I had that, I had no other breads for the day. But that is me.

Wishing you all a good weigh in week.

Patzi

I

geo56 03-06-2014 08:36 PM

Yeah! I got to sign the 10 lb poster! It really hasn't been that hard. 43 more to go!

skelley331 03-06-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo56 (Post 4958170)
Yeah! I got to sign the 10 lb poster! It really hasn't been that hard. 43 more to go!

geo56: Woot Woot! congrats on the 10lbs poster! :carrot:

skelley331 03-06-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 4957965)
Hello...

Had maintenance weigh in today.. I maintained at 5 pounds under goal.

I have a chili type food going on in my crockpot .. If y'all can have that, adapt your recipe to one that is on program. I use ground turkey, as I do not eat any red meat. I do not put the beans in because hubby does not like them, but the veggies and the seasonings do the trick. I made this while on program with the allowed foods .

If you are allowed a pasta, when I was on program, I use to have my ground turkey chili and would add 1/4 cup pasta like whole wheat elbows to it, and it was a change and good. Pasta is a trigger food for me, so if I had that, I had no other breads for the day. But that is me.

Wishing you all a good weigh in week.

Patzi

I

Patzi: wow I sure hope one day I can stay on maintenance they way you have, you are our inspiration!!

hatethesweatpants 03-07-2014 07:34 AM

bombshell - 1/2lb in 11 days? Yes, I would start demanding a menu change up. A week plateau is one thing, but 11 days is crazy. I'm sure they'll try to talk you into more supplements; I would stick with food changes. So sorry! That is so frustrating!

geo - YAY! Bet that feels great!!!

patzi - way to go! And thanks for the chili idea!

The B12 injections seem to be doing me some good. I've not felt the need to nap all day. ;) Rode horses and did crossfit yesterday and slept better than I have in two weeks. Maybe my kids will like me a little more today... hehehe.

skelley331 03-07-2014 08:57 AM

Happy Friday everyone! I'm not so happy today, last night I couldn't control my late night eating habit!! I ended up eating a MRC vanilla wafer bar, then to top it off I ate ruffles chips! I hate this so much. This happened after I finished doing the MRC program last year and that's why I gained 19lbs back. Maybe I have a problem and I don't know what to do. I'm so frustrated right now. I haven't been able to stick to the plan 100% since I re-started. When I did it the first time I did great why can't I do it now?? I just want to cry