MRC March 2014

You're on Page 2 of 14
Go to
  • Skelley331 - Hmmm.....salt? Like bobshellinprogress said, - it will be interesting to see what happens on the next weigh in.

How is everyone else doing? Geo56? Tractorbeam? AshleyRae?

My doctor said no jumping (plyometrics) and no exercises with weights on the shoulders or back (like squats with a bar). I can work with that! I am still doing Jillian's Body Revolution, but modify the cardio intervals so they aren't going to compress my spine. During the cardio day workouts I can use the elliptical or do my P90X yoga (HARD for me).

The sun is finally out here today and it is welcome!!! Everyone have a great day!
  • I'm not sure what it could be, I didn't over eat, Saturday my husband and I split wood and stacked 4 big racks for about 4 hrs, then sunday and Monday I stripped wallpaper border and painted for about 8 hrs. Seems like when I do a lot of work like that I stall or gain, could it be because I burned so many calories based on what I eat on the green menu which is around 900 calories?
  • Quote: How long were you on MetaSlim?
    I lost 72lbs in 9 months and was on metaslim for about the first 7.
  • Selway- I am doing good. Thanks for asking! Looks like my weight loss is going to be slow and steady. 9 lbs in 4 weeks. I am following the program as close as possible. The only thing I might be fudging on is salad dressing. I make my own using Good Seasons package recipe for less fat. I can not stand Walden Farms dressings as they are way too sweet for me. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Glad to hear everyone is having a good week.
    I went to connections class tonight. We talked about emotional eating. Is your hunger head or emotional hunger. It was very interesting.
  • Hi all, I thought I'd stop by and see who was around and how things were going.

Nice to see that you are back at it Skelley. And that Patzi is doing as well as ever. good luck to the rest of you.

I'm still maintaining under my MRC goal and usually within a 2 lb range. Don't usually have MRC HNS anymore, and transitioned onto vitamins that I can get locally instead of having shipped to me (my center was in CO and I live in TX). It's a great program, and maintenance has gone well for me since hitting my goal last June.
  • Quote: I'm not sure what it could be, I didn't over eat, Saturday my husband and I split wood and stacked 4 big racks for about 4 hrs, then sunday and Monday I stripped wallpaper border and painted for about 8 hrs. Seems like when I do a lot of work like that I stall or gain, could it be because I burned so many calories based on what I eat on the green menu which is around 900 calories?
    Bet that's exactly what happened, in addition to your muscles retaining water. Hang in there!
  • Well, I started the B12 injections yesterday. I just couldn't get a hold of my low energy level. On days I didn't exercise or ride horses, I felt ok, but on the days where I did, I was exhausted beyond belief. I'm hoping this helps! I was so tired during the day and woke up in the middle of the night. Has anyone else done the B injections? Also will start 7 keto dhea this week. Fingers crossed.
  • I used to get the B injections at a different weight loss center and not sure how much they helped but when I was going there I wasn't tired like I am now and I was eating carbs. Maybe I should consider doing those again to see how it helps me out. I'm used to working out 3 to 4 times a week but since joining mrc, I can't find the strength.
  • Good morning all:

geo56: I know you can use lowfat or light Italian dressing
    marleneV: glad to hear you are doing great on maintenance, I only hope I can do the same when I real my goal

hatethesweatpants: I think you might be right, this morning I was down 1.4 lbs this morning so maybe I was retaining water. Hopefully it keeps going down, I did the B12 injections and they worked for me about the first 2-3 wks then after that I didn't see any changes, what is the 7 keto dhea?

bombshellinprogress: If they helped before they might help you again.

selway: hope all is going good for you, I don't eat a lot of sodium so salt not sure?
  • I'm still on plan. Work is crazytown this week!

I switched up my menu and it seems to be helping. The first few weeks I ate the same things at every meal. Starting last Friday, I've been really mixing it up. I started the program at 227.5 (on 2/14) and this morning (on my home scale) it says I'm 219. My clothes are looser and I just feel better. It's excitiing!

However, I keep dreaming about eating steak fajitas and chocolate pie. Lol! I guess it's one way to "cheat" without actually cheating. I am usually hungry between 3PM-4PM so I just shove some raw broccoli or green beans in my mouth. It really helps tide my hunger over until dinner. I canNOT eat 6ozs of chicken/pork/fish. I'm averaging about 3.5ozs. I'm having a straight-up mental war with chicken right now.
  • I can't really eat chicken anymore as well. I sometimes will fry up a turkey burger and eat it with Walden Farms bar-b-q sauce or some Sara Lee reduced sodium roasted chicken or turkey breasts from the deli. I totally burnt myself out on chicken
  • Hey ladies!
    Just checking in to let you know that my mom lost 6 POUNDS!!! She said, "I really don't think that scale is right. I can't have lost that much." Hahahaha! Just wait until the next weigh-in when the scale is down even more. She's so hopeful, but she's scared that it's just an illusion Funny gal.
    I was down 2.5 pounds. I'm great with that, but they wanted me to go back to preconditioning and then the yellow menu again once I'm over this bug. I begged and pleaded to keep going and hop on blue, though. I had only had a couple of things off-plan (nothing food-wise, just medicine that wasn't listed, like an antacid tablet). When my food diary was checked, I was told I could keep progressing through to the blue menu. THANK HEAVENS!!! I just want to get this show on the road. On the plus side, I'm only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Woohoo!!!

And for all of you who are sick of chicken: if you've got a Capt. D's near you, they've got a new menu item of grilled fish that is really just beyond fantastic. You might consider trying that for a change of pace.
  • MarleneV and Patzi - thank you for the inspiration, you ladies are amazing!

tractorbeam and geo56 - woot woot on the losses!

Geo56 - I got tired of salad and salad dressings (like some people on here are tired of chicken) so I eat mostly other vegetables and have salad infrequently, so I am no help there.

Skelley331 - Yes, that does sound like a lot of work! Muscle water weight sounds like the culprit.

I have been wondering about the B12 injections. Dumb question but do they only help you if you are low on B12?

Well, I had a really bad food day yesterday. A Trader Joe's opened here and I bought a bunch of snacky stuff for my family to eat and then ate it too. So disappointed in myself that I didn't stop at just one cookie. Just proves to me that I can't have that stuff in the house. I knew better too! Back on program today. Ugh.

Everyone have a great Wednesday!!!!
  • Quote: Hey ladies!
    Just checking in to let you know that my mom lost 6 POUNDS!!! She said, "I really don't think that scale is right. I can't have lost that much." Hahahaha! Just wait until the next weigh-in when the scale is down even more. She's so hopeful, but she's scared that it's just an illusion Funny gal.
    I was down 2.5 pounds. I'm great with that, but they wanted me to go back to preconditioning and then the yellow menu again once I'm over this bug. I begged and pleaded to keep going and hop on blue, though. I had only had a couple of things off-plan (nothing food-wise, just medicine that wasn't listed, like an antacid tablet). When my food diary was checked, I was told I could keep progressing through to the blue menu. THANK HEAVENS!!! I just want to get this show on the road. On the plus side, I'm only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Woohoo!!!

And for all of you who are sick of chicken: if you've got a Capt. D's near you, they've got a new menu item of grilled fish that is really just beyond fantastic. You might consider trying that for a change of pace.
    Congrats to you and your mom on your weight loss: I see you are from Indiana what center do you go to ? I'm from Indiana and go to the one in Columbus, IN
  • Quote: MarleneV and Patzi - thank you for the inspiration, you ladies are amazing!

tractorbeam and geo56 - woot woot on the losses!

Geo56 - I got tired of salad and salad dressings (like some people on here are tired of chicken) so I eat mostly other vegetables and have salad infrequently, so I am no help there.

Skelley331 - Yes, that does sound like a lot of work! Muscle water weight sounds like the culprit.

I have been wondering about the B12 injections. Dumb question but do they only help you if you are low on B12?

Well, I had a really bad food day yesterday. A Trader Joe's opened here and I bought a bunch of snacky stuff for my family to eat and then ate it too. So disappointed in myself that I didn't stop at just one cookie. Just proves to me that I can't have that stuff in the house. I knew better too! Back on program today. Ugh.

Everyone have a great Wednesday!!!!
    selway: when I was doing the injections the nurse giving the shots said a lot of the ladies where complaining of not having any good results after a few weeks, and yes if your body isn't low on B12 it just flushes thru your body, she told me it's great for the elderly and cheaper than going to the dr to get them.