Old 03-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #136  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo56 View Post
I haven't been going to that church very long and know a hand full of people. My name is Georganne. Wow, this is so interesting! I really like the church so far.
This is so funny, mike and michelle and their son Austin moved there because mike got a job there. They are from Connersville, IN and their son Austin played baseball with my oldest grandson! Wow! They haven't been going very long either. I will let michelle know your name, I wish I could post her picture on here but not sure if they let you. We keep in touch thru facebook
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #137  
Sherry, Senior Member

Wow tomorrow starts a new week, I had a great weekend and time with my daughter, son-in-law and three grandsons and my husband Saturday. Did really well with my HNS's and stayed on plan, we ate at the Texas roadhouse and I got the grilled shrimp no rice, small plain sweet potatoe and house salad, took my walden no calorie ranch dressing and my melba toast! Also took my fat and carb blocker, stepped on the scale this morning and was up 1/2 lb wow that's awesome so i'll take it. Weigh in for me this week is Thursday! Yahoo! I'm feeling great!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Everyone reporting losses or maintaining under goal is just so inspirational!

SKelley, nice job planning ahead. My mom had to do that this weekend for a meeting. In my family, we're all very much social eaters. We plan events around meals, so I didn't know how she'd fare. But, she said she stayed perfectly on plan and felt great. Plus, a couple of people at church told her she looked really healthy and that her complexion was lovely. All this positive reinforcement really helps.
I did well all weekend, even when visiting my mother-in-law, who is an amazing cook. She was so thoughtful and prepared separate dishes for me that kept me on plan. I'm trying to convince her to join MRC, too.

Oh, and I can't believe I almost forgot - I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn since before I got pregnant!!! I'm finally at the high end of my pre-pregnancy weight!!! Three more pounds and I'll be at 175, which was my typical weight, so I'm just crazy excited. I LOVE this program!!!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #139  
Sherry, Senior Member

AshleyRae: Good for you and your mom, sounds like it's coming together for the both of you.

I'm wearing my size 8's today, Woot Woot!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #140  

Ahhh, size 8. That's my dream size Before baby, I was a size 10/12 and perfectly happy with that. But, oh, to be a size 8! I'm on my way, but the fat I've got to get rid of now has been with me since high school or before. It won't let go without a fight Haha! But, I've still got 14 weeks left on this program, so I figure I've got a great shot at getting there. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you, SKelley!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #141  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Ugh, weekends are so much tougher for me than weekdays. I am usually so busy at work that I don't have time to think about food and I don't bring any snacks. This weekend I had cravings like crazy. I had a diet soda and some peanuts. Not on plan, but hopefully not a plan breaker either. Today is a new day. I started weeks 7/8 of the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution this morning. Wow, it feels like this is my first week! She really kicked it up a notch! I like this program alot - three month program that ramps up and changes every two weeks. I still have to do (modified) low impact cardio, but still get a great muscle workout!

Everyone have a great day. Any Irish out there?
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #142  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
Ahhh, size 8. That's my dream size Before baby, I was a size 10/12 and perfectly happy with that. But, oh, to be a size 8! I'm on my way, but the fat I've got to get rid of now has been with me since high school or before. It won't let go without a fight Haha! But, I've still got 14 weeks left on this program, so I figure I've got a great shot at getting there. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you, SKelley!
I have 5 1/2 wks to reach my goal before I start stabilization!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I have 5 1/2 wks to reach my goal before I start stabilization!!!
That's so awesome!!!!
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Yayyyy!!!! What fun and happy news this morning! Great job, everyone!!!!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #145  

Great weight news from you all.. Glad to hear it all... You are doing great.

Skelley... You have it figured out.. Eating at the Texas Roadhouse, tells it all.
Be proud of yourself.. One can stay on plan and eat out and have a good time.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #146  
Sherry, Senior Member

Hello!
Looks like we are all having a good week so far!

Selway: you should be okay I wouldn't think the diet soda and peanuts will hurt much! I'm on the green menu and I can have at least I believe one diet soda a day, i'll have to look.

bombshellinprogress: Thanks
hatethesweatpants: Yep looks like a lot of happy news!!
Patzi: Thank you I was so proud of myself this past weekend!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #147  

I went to weigh-in today and got measured. The measurements came out beautifully (11 inches lost). But, I was only .5 pounds away from signing that 10 pound board last Friday, but I didn't show a loss on the scale since then. At least it's not a gain, I guess. Maybe this Friday will show a nice drop of a couple pounds. I'd feel better if my fat percentage had dropped, but it was so incredibly marginal that I can't even get fired up about that. I'll just hit it hard this week, stay on plan, and get things accomplished

On the plus side, I saw my mom's name on the 10 pound board! I don't know exactly how much she lost, but she needed 1 pound to sign the board, so she dropped at least that much. I can't wait to ask her about it tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 227.5 / 211 / 165

Height: 5'4"

I have a question. I'm going camping with husband and in-laws next weekend. It's our annual camping-weather-is-here! kickoff. Crawfish season has started here, and my mother-in-law has already called about our menu for next weekend (crawfish and chicken fajitas). Crawfish isn't bad, nor are any of the veggies. It's all the salt in the crab boil I'm worried about. If I drink tons of water (and somehow refrain from drinking beer) while eating crawfish, will it affect my eating plan too much? I can probably get my father-in-law to cook me some plain veggies before all the spices go in. I don't want to derail myself, but I've been looking forward to crawfish season for months! Advice please!
tractorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #149  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

AshleyRae - Friday will be the day! It sounds like you are doing great!!! 11 inches, WOW!!!!

Tractorbeam - Hmmm.....I'll be interested to read what others say, but I would say that if you watch the portions/calories, you will be fine. Like you said, drink lots of water. You may see a bump the day or two after the crawfish from salt, but I would think that it would dissapear by the end of the week?

Happy Wednesday everyone!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractorbeam View Post
I have a question. I'm going camping with husband and in-laws next weekend. It's our annual camping-weather-is-here! kickoff. Crawfish season has started here, and my mother-in-law has already called about our menu for next weekend (crawfish and chicken fajitas). Crawfish isn't bad, nor are any of the veggies. It's all the salt in the crab boil I'm worried about. If I drink tons of water (and somehow refrain from drinking beer) while eating crawfish, will it affect my eating plan too much? I can probably get my father-in-law to cook me some plain veggies before all the spices go in. I don't want to derail myself, but I've been looking forward to crawfish season for months! Advice please!
Hi... I am on maintenance and when I was in the weigh loss stage, I ate out lots, and went to any affair I usually went to. I always brought my own food with me if there was food that was not on program..I went to the shrimp festival I go to each year, and ate shrimp, but did not eat the potato salad, macaroni salad, etc. I brought my own raw salad and veggies and HNS and enjoyed myself. You could have your dad make you a huge salad with all that you are allowed to eat, and eat the crawfish and chicken , and if worried about the salt, drink water all day long. Also bring some HNS with you to drink . I always took fat and carb blocker when I went to an affair. If chicken is not friend eat more chicken then crawfish, if that will make you feel better about it. I am not saying I am right in my thinking, but when I started diet, I made myself promise, I would stay on program no matter what, and I did the best I could with good choices.. This worked for me, but it is my opinon only. Hope this helps some. Have a good time when you go and make good choices that is the best anyone can do.
Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote