how do i start????

• i havent felt good for several years and finally found out i have reactive hypoglycemia which drs say will likely be diabetes within the next few years. I need to lose weight! i was doing good and have now gained 25 lbs with trying to eat right to feel good, but i now feel terrible, have had two knee replacements (i have degenerative joint disease) and am only 53..help!
  • Where are you located? You can look on the Metabolic Research Center website, and see where they have offices. They also do an at-home program over the phone if you don't have a center in your area. You would probably have to check with your doctor, but I assume they would approve the program. It isn't anything crazy, just low to moderate carb, low glycemic index, high-protein, moderate calories type of thing depending on your particular menu.

Good luck contacting a center, and keep us posted!
  • I agree with selway, so many people have done MRC and were diabetic and actually either reduced the meds or have gotten completely off. And yes keep us posted, you get a lot of support here