Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #106  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

it's Monday night and 8:15 pm, First day of yellow menu did great thru the day but i feel like I'm starving!! I don't know what is going on but I'm going to call my MRC center tomorrow. I posted earlier that i never had this problem the first go around. I even did the 4 HNS's today which is the maximum you can have on the yellow menu but still didn't fill me up.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

I had two puddings (mrc) guess it's better than full sugared food....
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #108  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

hatethesweatpants - LOL, that is a great thing to keep in mind (brain is a muscle). Thank you!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

It must be something in the air! I was especially tired today! I finished up blue menu today and start green tomorrow. I was eating my lunch just fine today in the breakroom when somebody walked by with a pizza they just took out of the microwave. It smelled so good! But I know it is going to be a long, long time before I can have pizza again. I lost 1.5 lbs for a total of 6.5.
Stay strong everyone!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #110  
Sherry, Senior Member

Good morning!

Day two of the yellow menu, we'll see if today goes better than yesterday. If I start to get hungry mid-afternoon i'll check with the center to see what I need to do. You are only allowed up to 4 HNS's per day and I try to save one for the evening in case I'm hungry.

geo56: I think you're right its in the air , and it could be the blah weather we are having here in Indiana that's depressing. I'm so ready for spring and to get our motorhome ready for camping. Oh congrats on your 1.5 lb loss

Last edited by skelley331; 02-18-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #111  

If I find I am STARVING I try to do the max 5 proteins, and also I do fibers in between. that seems to fill me up.
tennesseemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Happy Tuesday folks!

Was slightly hungry this morning when I got to work - left over from binging all weekend after the "issue"

I had a cup of hot tea with a 1/2 pkg of sweetener. Seems to be helping

Need to swallow more water too. The weather has given us a break in Iowa. It is supposed to get up to 57 today. high 40's low 50's tomorrow - but then rain turning ot snow on Thursday! Ah well, I will just count my blessing with our two day break.

I for one will admit to being sick and tired of winter this year. We were lucky - not a lot of snow. But we had to much cold!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #113  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

I was organizing a bunch of files last night getting ready for taxes and found my MRC yellow and blue menus! I don't remember why they started me on the beige instead of progressing through the yellow and blue - maybe because I started over 200 lbs? I am wondering if I should start over and do the yellow and blue menus or if since I have been on the beige for 3 weeks already just stay on that? Any advice?

Everyone have a great day and imagine blue skies!!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #114  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selway View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone!!

I was organizing a bunch of files last night getting ready for taxes and found my MRC yellow and blue menus! I don't remember why they started me on the beige instead of progressing through the yellow and blue - maybe because I started over 200 lbs? I am wondering if I should start over and do the yellow and blue menus or if since I have been on the beige for 3 weeks already just stay on that? Any advice?

Everyone have a great day and imagine blue skies!!
selway: I've never seen the beige menu, the yellow and blue are very strict, I'm on day two of the yellow menu and it's only about 807 calories and I'm hungry at the end of the day. I started at 177lbs
Old 02-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #115  

Good afternoon ladies! Hope you are all doing well and are fully satisfied today while staying on plan (because I know this is hard). My question would be to those who have been on the plan before and have rejoined. How hard is it to stick with this kinda eating and do you feel like you can do this type of diet for the rest of your life?
Old 02-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #116  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress View Post
Good afternoon ladies! Hope you are all doing well and are fully satisfied today while staying on plan (because I know this is hard). My question would be to those who have been on the plan before and have rejoined. How hard is it to stick with this kinda eating and do you feel like you can do this type of diet for the rest of your life?
bombshellinprogress: this is my second go around, I lost 23 lbs the first time and gained 19 back before I started again. It is hard and no I don't see myself eating like this the rest of my life, but the reason I rejoined it so lose what I regained. At the end of the plan you go on stabilization for six weeks and that's when they add in a certain type of food each week, and this is how you find your trigger foods, I didn't do that part so that is another reason for doing this. Once you find your trigger foods it will be easier to follow. When you hit your goal weight and start maintenance then you pretty much follow the foods from the pre-conditioning list but with a few new foods and calorie count. I hope this helps.

I'm struggling with the plan this time and I don't know why. I'm on day two of the yellow menu and I can't seem to stay focused.

Last edited by skelley331; 02-18-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #117  

I actually liked the preconditioning menu but not until about the 4th day or so. I went thru detox bad so once the sugar and carb cravings left I learned to really enjoy it. I'm on green menu now and I'm still struggling with being hungry. I'm getting bored with not being able to eat with others are eating and having to weigh things all of the time. I don't mind the foods I'm eating I just want to eat more of them and then have snacks. I have the max limit on the protein drinks per day and I get my water in so I'm not sure what else I can do. I also drink the fiber drinks as well
Old 02-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #118  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
I actually liked the preconditioning menu but not until about the 4th day or so. I went thru detox bad so once the sugar and carb cravings left I learned to really enjoy it. I'm on green menu now and I'm still struggling with being hungry. I'm getting bored with not being able to eat with others are eating and having to weigh things all of the time. I don't mind the foods I'm eating I just want to eat more of them and then have snacks. I have the max limit on the protein drinks per day and I get my water in so I'm not sure what else I can do. I also drink the fiber drinks as well
Oh I completely understand, I did the same thing, I did the max HNS's and got bored also. I've done all the weighing already and I actually use myfitnesspal to log all my foods and I've been doing that now for 610 days, so I kinda know how much I need to put on my plate. When I was on the green menu I kinda didn't stick to the exact foods, if I ate off plan then I wouldn't eat as much the next couple of days, just so I could enjoy eating other foods. The biggest problem with doing this is that you are really eating low carb and low sugar and then when you start adding back the foods during stabilization which are carb foods you have to be careful. That is why I gained my 19lbs back because I'm so carb sensitive now after doing the plan that if I eat pasta I gain like 3lbs the next day, but I found a low carb pasta at Kroger to die for so I can eat that once I get my weight back off.

Last edited by skelley331; 02-18-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #119  

Carbs are definetly the enemy.....
Old 02-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #120  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote: