Old 11-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #76  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
Aschooley,

I know you asked Patzi, but I'd like to answer from my viewpoint... It honestly was simply because I wanted more than anything to loose the weight, I was not going to eat what the others were eating. For example, we love tex-mex, and you know they always have chips & salsa at the tables. I love chips... But that's not on program, so I wouldn't eat them. It was hard at first, but it was worth it. Same for the other stuff. Now, I will occasionally have a treat, but usually only a few bites, and I really savor them.

I used to go to Weight Watchers (and lost the weight but gained back), and something our leader would say was "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I keep this in mind. Plus, now that I have lost the weight and everyone sees me like this, there is simply NO way I am gaining it back!
thanks marlene- I needed to hear this.

Last edited by aschooley29; 11-16-2013 at 03:23 PM.
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschooley29 View Post
thanks marlene- I needed to hear this.
I have to agree with Marlene. I never ate anything that was not on the progam while losing.. I had made up my mind, this time would be different. I was sick of dieting and I wanted to lose the weight, and I would do it right this time, and thank goodness, it worked. . If you cheat, you do not lose, that is a fact. I have friends that did not make it on MRC as they made up their own rules of the program, and it did not work out for them. One use to say, a little bit won't hurt, but all those little bits never got her to goal.

Also what Marlene said about a treat, I now occasionally will have a treat, , but a small amount.If it is a trigger food for me, I never have it in house, if I feel I will be out of control with it. I am used to that now, and it is fine . I will never let myself get back to the way I was.. This is a life change and a healthy one and I do like being thin . It makes one feel so good.

On other diets I was on, before MRC, I would feel sorry for myself, because I could not eat what others were eating and I would cave in and I would never reach goal, and if I did, would gain it all back.. That happened on WW. I made up my mind, this time, I would have a different mind set, a stronger will .

Hope this helps. Remember, you are worth it. You really are.
Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #78  
5 kids and fat

Thanks Patzi-

I have had a hard day. (Stress over in-laws) I did not realize until today how bad of an emotional eater I am. I have made my mind NOT to cheat. I have done really well. I have not cheated at all. I do not even crave the foods. However with the stress of today all I wanted to do was eat. I stayed strong...did not cheat, but it was very difficult!! I did not exercise (which I should of) but I did not cheat!!
Old 11-17-2013, 01:27 AM   #79  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

aschooley, you did it! You stuck with your new good habits, in spite of the stress. Good for you! Way to celebrate those little successes too!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #80  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdropmom View Post
I don't understand the difference between teh straight caloric burn and the ketogenic state...as I've said earlier - I am a bit paranoid about using the ketogenic burn to quickly lose - I fear gaining back even quicker than it was lost. I guess I am kind of there with you...still on the fence though. I've maintained without gain or loss the last few days and ready to hit hard again to lose another five. I find I feel so much better when I am getting adequate calories and simply BEING AWARE of what I'm eating. I see where the HNS help me yet - the lack of calories from food concern me. I need to decide if I'm going to go 100% back on plan to take off the last 20 or simply keep doing what I'm doing (healthy choices, plenty of exercise, monitoring calories) and lose it at a slower more manageable rate or dive back in and lose it quickly. I feel pretty good about myself and continue to lose inches even on weeks where the lbs don't seem to drop. *sigh* I just don't know! You are not on MRC plan any more, are you?
No I'm not on plan anymore. I gained back over 40 of the 60 lbs I lost on plan and am struggling, struggling, struggling to get it back off. I tried going back on plan out of desperation a couple of times, but my metabolism is apparently just a mess from all the yo-yo'ing because I hardly lost much at all even when doing the extreme MetaBoost plan (and I always follow plans perfectly when I'm on them). Anyway, I'm taking what I learned on plan and pretty much eating the same, minus the HNS's, but I'm tracking my caloric intake to make sure I stay above 1200 calories. Oh, and I am eating more carbs because I need the energy for strenuous exercise, but I'm still making sure to get the bulk of my carbs from fresh fruits and vegetables instead of from bread or whatever.

When I read your posts, it reminds me of the Intuitive Eating book that many on here have talked about. I think it would really resonate with you.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #81  

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Hope you don't mind if I join in.
I started at MRC 5 weeks ago and have lost 16 pounds so far. After hitting a bit of a plateau, I'm about half way through a week of Meta-Quick which seems to be helping, yay! I'm really hoping to make it to a 20 lb loss by Thanksgiving.
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
I started at MRC 5 weeks ago and have lost 16 pounds so far. After hitting a bit of a plateau, I'm about half way through a week of Meta-Quick which seems to be helping, yay! I'm really hoping to make it to a 20 lb loss by Thanksgiving.
Welcome . Glad you joined in .. I am Patzi and I am on maintenance.. Wishing you all the best in your challenge. You have done fantastic in 5 weeks.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #83  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Hi, Welcome. I also started about 5 weeks ago. I also have a goal of losing 20lb. by Thanksgiving. The ladies on here are awesome!! They have helped me a lot. I hope we can help you through your journey too. What is Meta-Quick?
Old 11-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #84  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
aschooley, you did it! You stuck with your new good habits, in spite of the stress. Good for you! Way to celebrate those little successes too!
Thank you Going4Fit!!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
What is Meta-Quick?
Meta-Quick is when you eat a bar & HSN or VHP Shake & HNS for breakfast/lunch, and then have a very low calorie protein (chicken or fish) with veggies for dinner, with 2 other HNS during the day. I did this a couple of times, never for more that 4 or 5 days because I'd get real grouchy by that last day. I don't think you'll want to do this (or that Carrie would suggest) due to the diabetes.

What I found when I did Meta-Quick, I wouldn't really lose during those days, but then I'd have a NICE loss after a few days back on Meta-Slim. What I found that worked better is that sometimes (for several days in a row)I'd have an orange or apple as an afternoon snack with an HNS, and then I'd drop the fruit for several days.

Another thing that would work is that I would switch from having a hard-boiled egg & cheese stick with fruit (what I usually had for breakfast) to eating a 3 oz turkey burger on a slice of 40 cal bread for several days.

When on program, I mostly would have the same breakfasts (switching the two mentioned above), and once a week have a bar and once a week one of the VHP shakes. For lunch, a big salad and chicken (occasionally something else) with fruit & an HSN. HSN around 3:30/4:00 PM. Dinner around 6:30, was salad with a protein and either fruit or bread if I didn't have a slice with breakfast or melba toast, and then an HNS around 9 PM. I know that program allows a bit more variety, but I don't like a lot of cooked veggies, and having the same things really didn't bother me, and actually made it easy.

Marlene
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #86  

Quote:
Welcome & Glad to have you here. I'm Marlene, in my 6th month of maintenance. Lost a little more than 75 lbs from July 2012 through May 2013. (actually, the last 5 were lost after I started maintenance)
Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #87  

Quote:
Thanks Patzi-

I have had a hard day. (Stress over in-laws) I did not realize until today how bad of an emotional eater I am. I have made my mind NOT to cheat. I have done really well. I have not cheated at all. I do not even crave the foods. However with the stress of today all I wanted to do was eat. I stayed strong...did not cheat, but it was very difficult!! I did not exercise (which I should of) but I did not cheat!!
Good Job!

I was/am a stress eater too! My MIL would bring out the worse of that, or our busy season at work (chocolate milk shakes from Chik-fil-a were my drug of choice)! What I decided was that there was no way I was going to let MIL derail me, particularly as she questioned me and the program a lot. I think she's still waiting for me to regain...

As to the Chik-fil-a, I told our office manager that under NO CIRCUMSTANCE was she to agree to get me a shake during that time. So then I didn't even ask because I didn't want to put her in the position of telling me no... and I wouldn't leave to go myself, because when I would want one was when I really had to get something done and leaving would take too much time! Funny thing was, I did have a craving for a Sonic diet limeade during that time, and the night I really wanted one, they were closed by the time I got there. Two days later I finally made it there, got one, and then realized that it didn't taste as good as I had made it out in my mind to be...
Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #88  
5 kids and fat

I weighed in this morning....2 more pounds down
Old 11-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
Good Job!

Funny thing was, I did have a craving for a Sonic diet limeade during that time, and the night I really wanted one, they were closed by the time I got there. Two days later I finally made it there, got one, and then realized that it didn't taste as good as I had made it out in my mind to be...

You have stated that it did not taste as good as I made it out in my mind to be. I have found that with various foods. I cheated once and had a snickers candy bar. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. There are other chocolates that aren't as good as I thought they would be.

I have decided that I might as well not do it (eat the junk)... I will just lose the weight... I will feel better...and I have had a big plus. I have a HUGE factor on this. My triglycerides were over 200. I had my yearly physical and they were only 71. I am amazed. They were high the last 3 years when I had my yearly physical... and to drop that much. Wow.

I will stick to the diet... I will choose not to eat that stuff that made me unhealthy. I will be ok.

Last edited by Lady67; 11-19-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #90  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady67 View Post
I have decided that I might as well not do it... Lose the weight... I will feel better...and I have had a big plus. I have a HUGE factor on this. My triglycerides were over 200. I had my yearly physical and they were only 71. I am amazed. They were high the last 3 years when I had my yearly physical... and to drop that much. Wow. .

That is awesome!! You have done such a good job.