Old 11-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #61  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschooley29 View Post
Good Luck on your journey!!! I have found strength in this forum. It helps me to know that I am not alone. I have not heard of a saliva test. What is that for?
It is the hormone test you do when you sign up. At my center it was in the package price, didn't like doing it, kinda hard! But they said I had to, but after being on this forum there are a lot of centers that don't make you do it, it's like $100
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
It is the hormone test you do when you sign up. At my center it was in the package price, didn't like doing it, kinda hard! But they said I had to, but after being on this forum there are a lot of centers that don't make you do it, it's like $100
Skelley, I refused any of there tests. I guess just a personal thing with me.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #63  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Hey all. Went into the center today; down 2.2 lbs BUT since my home scale actually read 279.0 last thurs I was technically up .8 lbs...its the weekend stuff, I kniw it is. We got free pie at shari's for vets day (bf is a vet) and it just started a downward spiral >. < still really nauseated too so while im TRYING to follow as closly as I can to the plan, cant be 100% there :/.
Sadly that level of protein makes me sick anyway so I guess its 50/50.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #64  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Yeah I got grief from my mother-in-law too when I got down to goal. I wonder why people think it's okay to comment on other people's weight? My neighbor friend is the worst. She tells me she's always around 140 and complains all the time about wanting to lose five to ten pounds. But if I'm at 140 than according to her I'm too skinny and too hard on myself. So it's okay for her to be thin but not me is the message I get. She has a knack for "complimenting" me when I gain the weight back. So tacky. I had people wonder if I was sick, etc. Just gotta shrug it all off. I loved how 125 lbs felt and I will be getting there again, or actually should be higher this time if I am successful at building muscle. I'm sure working hard for it. Gotta hit the gym again today - waiting for my brother to wake up so he can watch the kids so I can go.

I'm amazed at your control at the Spaghetti Factory trip. See, that's something I still cannot do. I measure and weigh everything or I pig out. Can't seem to find that intuitive eating where I know when I've had enough and stop myself. When I went out to eat with my grandma while she was here, the restaurant had calories posted of all the meals. Nothing under 1000 calories once you included the sides, so I finally picked what seemed the most sensible, gave away the roll that came with it, and told myself I'd only eat half. I ate very slowly and enjoyed every bite, but ended up eating it all and wanted more. (Yes, I know the trick where you have the waitress box up half immediately and should have done it). I'd eaten lightly all day so I had the calories to spare, but I was still disappointed in myself. Just don't feel normal that I have this seemingly bottomless appetite and don't get sick from overindulging.

By the way, aren't ketones present in your system as a result of your body metabolizing stored body fat? So anytime you're losing weight, there should be ketones. I wonder what the difference is between being in a ketogenic weight loss state instead of a straight caloric burn. First time I heard that idea was from a counselor during my stabilization period - said their program had revved up my metabolism and that the stabilization period was for taking my body out of a ketogenic state and into a straight caloric burn. I had no idea what she was talking about. She said "Oh you didn't go to the class at the beginning of your program where we explain all about that". No, I hadn't. So I went to the very next one. Nothing. Anybody understand it?
I don't understand the difference between teh straight caloric burn and the ketogenic state...as I've said earlier - I am a bit paranoid about using the ketogenic burn to quickly lose - I fear gaining back even quicker than it was lost. I guess I am kind of there with you...still on the fence though. I've maintained without gain or loss the last few days and ready to hit hard again to lose another five. I find I feel so much better when I am getting adequate calories and simply BEING AWARE of what I'm eating. I see where the HNS help me yet - the lack of calories from food concern me. I need to decide if I'm going to go 100% back on plan to take off the last 20 or simply keep doing what I'm doing (healthy choices, plenty of exercise, monitoring calories) and lose it at a slower more manageable rate or dive back in and lose it quickly. I feel pretty good about myself and continue to lose inches even on weeks where the lbs don't seem to drop. *sigh* I just don't know! You are not on MRC plan any more, are you?
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #65  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Ketosis changes your bodies fuel sorce from carbs to fat. Its the same principle paleo and atkins use. A straight caloric burn is just that anything in within calories and you burn those calories and more to lose weight; ketosis on the other hand focuses on eating mainly fat and protein while choosing healthy and limited carbs for the vitamins and minerals. To be in ketosis you generally need 50 or less NET carbs (total carbs minus fiber, atkins minuses sugar alcohols too but I wouldnt as those affect everyone differently ). In ketosis people are generally fuller faster which creates a HIGH calorie defeceit becaause protein and fat fill you up faster than carbs/starches. Ever wonder why you are hungry about 2 hours after a MASSIVE salad? Its the carbs, of course you can combat that by adding nuts, avacado, using olive oil based dressings, etc. Ketosis works for some but nit everyone just like being vegetarian works for some and not all. As far as gaining it all back, if you start adding calories back SLOWLY like 100 calories every 1-2 weeks until you get back to the number of calories you want to maintain at AND continue strength training (either with isometrics or weighs) you should be fine.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #66  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

I have decided to buy an outfit in the size I want to be. I am going to place it where I can see it everyday. I hope this will encourage me to keep going through the holidays. Have a Wonderful day ladies!!! We can do this!
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #67  

Quote:
I have decided to buy an outfit in the size I want to be. I am going to place it where I can see it everyday. I hope this will encourage me to keep going through the holidays. Have a Wonderful day ladies!!! We can do this!
I did this, and it sure motivated me.. Never thought I would fit in it, but I sure did.. Hang in there, you can do this for sure.. You have a wonderful day also.

Patzi
Old 11-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
FUN idea! You can certainly do this!
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post

Does not bother me watching others eat all the foods that got me fat in the first place. One lesson I learned while on MRC.. Don't feel sorry for myself because I will not eat the foods others are.

Patzi
Patzi,

You are SO right! It's a balancing act on maintenance, isn't it? At least I think that it is. Making wise choices...
Old 11-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #70  

I've not been on for a few days, been busy! A cousin came to visit, as well as my older daughter came home from college.

I've successfully navigated meals out, volunteering at church at a bake sale (didn't eat even one cookie or other treat), providing snacks at church Sunday evening and company in the house.

Then last night, we went out again with my business partner, his wife and some other business owners we associate with... I checked the menu out ahead of time, and while there were some choices that would have fit nicely on program, I WANTED Veal Milanese, so that is what I got. Substituted angel hair pasta for fettuccine Alfredo, and ony ate half of the dinner, plus had a salad with it. Weight this am was in target range, so that's a success! I'll follow program fairly closely the next few days just in case...

Oh, and the best part of it was that one of the husbands said to mine "I didn't recognize your girlfriend", and mine said "don't tell Marlene!". One of the other wives loved my new coat, so I finally told her where I got it, she wants to get one too, and promised to not wear hers where I might be...

Glad to see the successes, and hope everyone is doing well. Remember that big successes are made up of small ones, so concentrate on the small ones and the big ones will follow!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #71  

For anyone having a struggle, or just for motivation please read and read again Marleney's last message.. That is soooo motivating. I like when she says concentrate on small ones and the big ones follow.. That is so true.
To add to this, I have told myself while losing weight and now on maintenance if you have already achieved some success today, keep going and buld on that momentum and you'll achieve even more.

Wishing y'all a great day and great weight loss if you are weighing in today.
Think thin...

Patzi
Old 11-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #72  

Thanks Patzi!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #73  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

Thank you Marlene and Patzi for all of your support.

Patzi- I have been feeling sorry for myself because I cannot eat what others do. I have been feeling this way since I was diagnosed with diabetes. How did you overcome this mind set?
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Well went to weigh in last night..... Lost 1 lb

was a bad month for me, I only lost 4 lbs total. But, I guess I should focus on the good and not the bad.... I lost 4 lbs, and did not gain right?

Now my total weight loss is 46.5 and inches is 60.25.

Due to loosing some muscle mass etc, my target weight range went down also... new goal is 150.

I so want to stay on track! I need to remember when I see chocolate -- I choose not to eat that as it will stick directly onto my hips. I choose to eat healthy and take care of my body!

Or as aschooley29's signature says... "our bodies are temples... we need to treat them as such" !!

Last edited by Lady67; 11-15-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #75  

Aschooley,

I know you asked Patzi, but I'd like to answer from my viewpoint... It honestly was simply because I wanted more than anything to loose the weight, I was not going to eat what the others were eating. For example, we love tex-mex, and you know they always have chips & salsa at the tables. I love chips... But that's not on program, so I wouldn't eat them. It was hard at first, but it was worth it. Same for the other stuff. Now, I will occasionally have a treat, but usually only a few bites, and I really savor them.

I used to go to Weight Watchers (and lost the weight but gained back), and something our leader would say was "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I keep this in mind. Plus, now that I have lost the weight and everyone sees me like this, there is simply NO way I am gaining it back!