Old 11-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #16  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
So excited! Dropped another jean size today. Back down to an 8.
Great Job!! Keep up the good work!!
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

WTG Jen! So exciting, isn't it?
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #18  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Wow everyone is doing so well. So encouraging reading your successes during this season of ridiculous overindulgence. Congrats to all of you with your new sizes and new clothes - so fun!

I survived my grandmothers visit. I did end up doing my Friday workout in the evening after I'd taken her to the airport instead of in the morning as usual since I just couldn't stand being picked on about my weight/exercise habits one more time. Ugh. Do any of you have slender friends - the kind of people who never struggle with their weight but are always the same size? I wonder if they get picked on as much as dieters do.

Well Sundays are a bit troublesome for me. Everyone is home and lazing around all day, which tends to lead to a snacking mentality. My solution is to stay busy. I made my big salad as soon as I got home from church, and now I'm going to upload the photos from my grandma's visit and get an order ready to send her copies. I need to bake bread for the family for the week, and clean up from the holiday bazaar my daughter's participated in yesterday. Maybe we could go for a drive later.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #19  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Wow everyone is doing so well. So encouraging reading your successes during this season of ridiculous overindulgence. Congrats to all of you with your new sizes and new clothes - so fun!

I survived my grandmothers visit. I did end up doing my Friday workout in the evening after I'd taken her to the airport instead of in the morning as usual since I just couldn't stand being picked on about my weight/exercise habits one more time. Ugh. Do any of you have slender friends - the kind of people who never struggle with their weight but are always the same size? I wonder if they get picked on as much as dieters do.

Well Sundays are a bit troublesome for me. Everyone is home and lazing around all day, which tends to lead to a snacking mentality. My solution is to stay busy. I made my big salad as soon as I got home from church, and now I'm going to upload the photos from my grandma's visit and get an order ready to send her copies. I need to bake bread for the family for the week, and clean up from the holiday bazaar my daughter's participated in yesterday. Maybe we could go for a drive later.

I am sorry that your grandma is being a fuddie duddie. You should be proud of yourself for stick with what you know is right. One of my best friends is thin naturally, and I do not think they get picked on as much. People see their size and think whatever they are doing its working. She tries to give me support but she can't truly be empathetic because she has never had a weight problem, even after she gave birth, she was right back in her normal clothes.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #20  
5 kids and fat

Has anyone experienced muscle fatigue? That is the best way I can describe it. My muscles feel tired like I have been running a marathon. Not all of the time, but enough to notice.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #21  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschooley29 View Post
Has anyone experienced muscle fatigue? That is the best way I can describe it. My muscles feel tired like I have been running a marathon. Not all of the time, but enough to notice.
Hee hee - I have! When I was pregnant! It was one of the signs I learned to recognize, even before I missed my period.

I can't remember experiencing it on program. I know when I was in deep ketosis I was cold all the time. And I know the entire program I had low blood pressure and was often a bit faint, especially if I tried to add exercise to the program (well, more than the required 15 minutes of mild exercise 3x/week). Only answer I ever got from the center was to drink more HNS's. I ended up adding an iron supplement to my vitamins and now that I'm doing program on my own I upped the carbs so that I can do intense exercise.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #22  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Quote:

Going 4 Fit - Sundays are indeed HARD! All I want to do is nap and eat! We typically go out to eat after church then head home to rest and relax with NFL. Yesterday all I wanted to do was snack...something I simply have not been doing for the past four months. But I literally wanted to eat ALL DAY. Fourtunately, I picked a couple things to set out for a snack even though my brain knew I didn't need them. When the urge was overwhelming, I grabbed a handful of almonds then not long after I grabbed an apple. A victory considering the cookie jar is full, the kids all brought home candy bars galore after all their respective fall events, and I happen to have a few great leftovers in the fridge. As of this morning, I have maintained and am actually down a lb since Friday.

I was at an event with my mother-in-law the other day and as we were walking out, she told me I've lost too much weight - too skinny. She didn't say "you look great"...just that I've lost too much. Imagine her look when I told her my goal is another 24 lbs - I'm only half way. She said I was crazy. I just had to brush it off. My goal isn't skinny, but rather healthy and fit and comfortable in clothes! Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks I look like - at my top weight I felt miserable with myself. Not anymore!

I am also pretty much off plan. Can't afford it and too concerned with using ketosis as a weight loss method because of the after affects of not being able to maintain. I'm cool with a lb a week if it means maintaining with a healthy lifestyle...being able to enjoy a treat from time to time without fear of the weight returning fast. We had a very special day the other day and ate at Spaghetti Factory. I wrestled and wrested in my brain and then my husband simply said...order and eat what you want! So, I ordered my usual favorite indulgence - manager's special - pasta with two sauces. I ordered angel hair with brown butter and mazithera and angel hair with meat sauce. I ate some bread, olive tapenade, salad with balsalmic on the side...oh my I enjoyed it. But you know what...I could only eat about half! I slid the rest over to my husband who lapped it up (and he has a crazy high metabolism!). Why do I share this? I felt victorious recognizing that I'd seriously eaten enough. I could put my fork down and not just keep consuming food just because it was there. THAT is what I'm ultimately going for...total mindset change and recognizing the need to satisfy hunger vs. eating for gluttony. I have a feeling my saturday indulgence was the reason for my Sunday non-stop munchies. But...I did well over all....I think This week I will stick to healthy and not stray too far. It's all about the food choices for me. Making wise ones and keeping up with my workouts. If the food gets out of control and I don't make myself put the time in on the treadmill or outside...the weight will not come off. I feel like I'm at a good place right now...regardless what others tell me.

Oh...and in recent weeks I've had at least 20 people ask if I've changed my hair or got new glasses. I smile and tell them I've not changed anything except gotten 23 lbs lighter! THEN they realized THAT'S what it is!!!! Funny.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #23  

I had maintenance weigh in this morning and stayed the same. I am 5 pounds under goal.. Until after New Years I will get weighed in weekly vs. every other week to keep me focused .

Hope you are all having a good week.

Gumdropmom... I have never had to use ketosis as a weight loss tool while doing MRC..Are you talking about MRC or Adkins? Ketosis was never mentioned to me in all the time I was on weight loss.. If it had, I would have rejected it. I used the menus only. Eating heathy and wise choices as you mentioned is the way to go.. Good luck...

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 5"

Weighed in today and maintained which I'm thrilled about. We had a birthday dinner for my husband on Sunday. Nothing changed for me except I had a slice of birthday cake (after taking Fat & Carb blockers). I was well aware (not emotional eating) and treated the moment as I would on maintenance. It wasn't license to eat whatever. I stayed completely on plan otherwise. I know it's thrown me out of ketosis for about 3 days, so that's all the more reason to stick with my eating plan so I get there in the minimum amount of time and back to losing weight. The fact is, I've been on plan for so long without cheating, that the only way I can put it is that my body did not like the cake one iota. That one piece made me so sick to my stomach that it cured any other sweets craving I could have dreamt of. Quite frankly, I don't want to stray off plan just because of that alone.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #25  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I had maintenance weigh in this morning and stayed the same. I am 5 pounds under goal.. Until after New Years I will get weighed in weekly vs. every other week to keep me focused .

Hope you are all having a good week.

Gumdropmom... I have never had to use ketosis as a weight loss tool while doing MRC..Are you talking about MRC or Adkins? Ketosis was never mentioned to me in all the time I was on weight loss.. If it had, I would have rejected it. I used the menus only. Eating heathy and wise choices as you mentioned is the way to go.. Good luck...

Patzi
Hi Patzi,

The MRC I go to talks of ketosis all the time. I know my body went into ketosis when I first started with the HNS and using the menus. I didn't feel good...lower back (kidneys) hurt and I just felt sluggish. The weight was coming off...but I felt sick. So...I've just been doing things my way pretty much and losing at a slower pace, but I level off and may have a day or so 'off program' but those days I don't gain. It seems like if you put yourself into ketosis with the diet, the slightest thing that throws you out of ketosis also puts weight on you. I don't like that way of living. I want to eat healthy daily, exercise without fear of passing out, and if I'm truly hungry, I want to eat a health snack. So...I'm using the principles of the program...higher protein, lower carbs, minimal sugar and sodium...just not interested in staying in ketosis. I had such high ketones for three weeks in a row I just didn't feel like I was safe So, yes...ketosis was definitely promoted in my foods class, and it is mentioned when I go in.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #26  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Patzi-the whole mrc program is a ketogenic program, thats how the fat melts away so fast.

Gumdrop, you must be in the northwest! (Spaghetti factory is the hint). I too had bad bad issues on mrc after only 2 days. I am having to tweak it a lot, im using the general food list, but changing it to give me more carbs/fiber and more calories with less hns.

My weigh in is tomorrow, sadly becauae of my schedule and having a sick dog I had taco bell yesterday and my sodium is inexplicably high today (my bloid pressure has been crazy high the last 2 times ive been in and I am sodium sensative, it makes me hold water like crazy) so we will see what the scale says :/
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #27  
5 kids and fat

Hello Ladies, I weighed in yesterday and did not have as big of a loss only 1 pound. I was hoping for more but a 1 pound loss is better than a gain.

As a side note if you go to Dairy Queen and order a grilled chicken salad you have to say, "no bacon". I ordered one and there was more bacon on the salad than chicken...not to mention the huge amount of cheese.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #28  
Not giving up!

Weighed in at my bi-weekly physical trainers appointment today and am down 3.5 lbs. Not the four I expected so I'm disappointed. According to the calories I've tracked during exercise with the heart rate monitor and with my food intake on MyFitnessPal, I should have technically had more than two pounds a week loss and I got less. Guess the body does what it wants and I've got to just keep plugging along. A loss is a loss and I'll take it. Just doing a whole heck of a lot of work here!

By the way, the first time I went to the trainer I weighed in at 139 pounds and she did my measurements and used the calipers to get my body fat percentage. My short term goal is to get back to 139 and do the measurements again to see if I'm at a lower body fat percentage at the same weight. That would mean I've gained muscle with all this hard work and that would be really encouraging. Fingers crossed! At this rate, 139 pounds is still two months out, so lots of work to do between now and then.

Stay strong everyone!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #29  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Weighed in, only down a lb meh. As aschooly said, a loss is a loss though so ill take it!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #30  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Weighed in at my bi-weekly physical trainers appointment today and am down 3.5 lbs. Not the four I expected so I'm disappointed. According to the calories I've tracked during exercise with the heart rate monitor and with my food intake on MyFitnessPal, I should have technically had more than two pounds a week loss and I got less. Guess the body does what it wants and I've got to just keep plugging along. A loss is a loss and I'll take it. Just doing a whole heck of a lot of work here!

By the way, the first time I went to the trainer I weighed in at 139 pounds and she did my measurements and used the calipers to get my body fat percentage. My short term goal is to get back to 139 and do the measurements again to see if I'm at a lower body fat percentage at the same weight. That would mean I've gained muscle with all this hard work and that would be really encouraging. Fingers crossed! At this rate, 139 pounds is still two months out, so lots of work to do between now and then.

Stay strong everyone!
Going4fit: That is awesome the 3.5 lbs in two weeks, that's 1 3/4 lbs a week. And all the exercising you are doing you are right you could be gaining muscle which is good also! Keep up the good work, you are worth it. I see all the calories you are burning and wow!!! I don't like or care to exercise that much but I am older and my walking is good for me. Plus I do a lot of outside work, going into the winter my husband and I have been getting firewood ready so in about a week or so I will be helping him split wood, that will burn some calories!!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote