Old 08-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #1  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Default August 2013 MRC

Well it's August 1st ladies, so it's time for a new month and a new journey! I Hard to believe it's been over a year since I joined MRC! I still have five more months of maintenance and i'm going in once a week to weigh in and chat with the girls. I'm also doing the Lipo B12 injections that are suppose to melt away the fat but so far after 4 injections I've not seen any progress, but I will admit they give you an amazing amount of energy. Hope to see everyone keep posting. Thanks for all your support and encouragement thru out my journey.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #2  

I agree... We all need to post often to keep this forum alive. We all need the help, even us on maintenance.

Well.... I figured I would try another candy bar. Last one I tried after I hit mainenance, I did not gain, but I really did not enjoy it.. Hard to believe, but true. Sooooo, I asked my hubby if he would split a Pay Day Candy Bar with me( See, this is the new me, I would never split a candy bar with anyone before MRC. Would eat the whole thing myself and maybe 2. Well, I did, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will put it on the list of what not to eat. I gained two pound after I ate it, so it goes in the list of do not eat for now.

So, today is another day need to take off the 2 pounds and will go on.

Wishing you a ll a wonderful day and think thin.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hope everyone is doing well. I've had a good week, kept within my goal range.

Tonight, I had a special treat that I have not had since going on MRC (and I'm maintaining now...), over a year. I had plenty of calories left after dinner, and we had to go pick my daughter up from work. I asked my husband if we could stop at Sonic, and he said yes. I had a hot fudge sundae... This out me 72 cal over my range, but I'm usually on the low end of the range. Was it good? Yes! Will I do it again? Well, maybe sometime, but actually I feel a little sick...

Two other good things happened this week. First was that I'm going to have my photo re-taken for our company website! After losing 72 lbs, my old photo doesn't look a lot like me anymore.

Second was that my husband gave me $$$ to buy some new clothes. I really don't have much that fits, and have ended up wearing either the same things to work each week, or some things that are obviously too big. Work has had some struggles lately, we've not hit bonus targets like we should be, and I've had some expenses that were more than usual, so I haven't updated my wardrobe. Anyway, he was really sweet to give me this money. I need the clothes for work, so it's been kind of a catch 22. No one would ever say anything about me wearing the same 5 or 6 things, but I'll feel a lot better if I have some other choices. So bras, jeans, a new suit, skirts, dresses, pants & tops are all on my list...
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #4  
thin bride

S/C/G: 272/245.5/135

Height: 5'9''

Hey guys. I'm new. I have read pretty much all the threads for MRC over the past couple weeks. I have been doing MRC for two months and I've lost a little over 25 pounds.

I was wondering what your favorite recipes are that you can make and eat leftovers during the week? I already had lasagna last week and I'm planning on making chili this week, but I want to have something else for variety.
rel541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

At my yearly appointment, my doctor was pleased that I had lost 30 pounds since last years physical. Last year I had lost 30 pounds since the 2011 physical. So, she was very impressed, especially that I have been maintaining since January.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #6  

Marlene...
I am glad for you, keeping within your goal, and it is soooooo nice to start buying new clothes.. When I hit maintenance, I went out and bought a new wardrobe and what a thrill that was.. Best for me was, to not have to wear a large tunic type shirt. I could use a belt now, with my shirt or tee inside the pants instead of outside to hide the fat.

rwquilts Nice to hear from you.. And congrats on keeping to your goal on maintenance.

rel541... Great weight loss you are reporting.. I never used the MRC cookbooks and don't eat any red meat, but I found that if I made turkey meatloaf, it freezes well, and I have plenty for leftovers.. I make egg type quiches in a muffin pan and that freezes well. Turkey meat balls can be used in an Italian dish, but also as a sandwich if you are allowed bread on your plan.. Before I hit maintenance I was on Meta Slim.

Stir Fry is great and I always make enough for leftovers. Today in crockpot I have lean turkey sausage, cut in two " pieces with skinless, boneless chicken in crockpot with petite type tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic and different herbs. When it is done I will top with fat free feta cheese and let it melt on top. If feta is not on your menu, you could use another fat free or low fat cheese, if allowed in your program.. This freezes well, and plenty for leftovers.

Whatever I made for supper, I made enough to take to work the next day.

Patzi
Old 08-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #7  

New here, and just getting started this week. Excited!
Main areas I am really working on timing and water!
nicole222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone!

I am now down 28.5 lbs!!! woohooo! I am on Meta-Balance, so I am not supposed to loose as much as those on Meta-Slim, but hey, I feel pretty good about what I have lost.

This last week was especially stressful for me. A company from Japan bought us out and we have been told that there would be personnel changes. I have not been here a year yet. Someone who started the same day as me is now gone.

Also, having issues with my 16 yr old daughter Had a big fight this week... All I can say is that the HNS bars, and the double chocolate pudding (mixed with yogurt) have saved me! Otherwise I am sure I would have had something I shouldn't.

Patzi - as for eating your half payday, I remember them as being salty. Your 2 pounds may come off very quickly if you increase your water for a couple of days as that would get rid of your water weight.

Be well everyone, and I hope you have a fantastic week!
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole222 View Post
New here, and just getting started this week. Excited!
Main areas I am really working on timing and water!
Welcome Nicole! You'll get there on the water. I used to drink 6+ cans do diet coke plus 2-3 cups of coffee, and rarely water. Now (just past 1 year anniversary of starting), I regularly drink at least 90 oz of water a day, and usually 120+. I'll have a caffeine free diet soda about once or twice a week. That and never cheating worked for me...
Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady67 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am now down 28.5 lbs!!! woohooo! I am on Meta-Balance, so I am not supposed to loose as much as those on Meta-Slim, but hey, I feel pretty good about what I have lost.

This last week was especially stressful for me. A company from Japan bought us out and we have been told that there would be personnel changes. I have not been here a year yet. Someone who started the same day as me is now gone.

Also, having issues with my 16 yr old daughter Had a big fight this week... All I can say is that the HNS bars, and the double chocolate pudding (mixed with yogurt) have saved me! Otherwise I am sure I would have had something I shouldn't.
Lady, great job on the loss so far. That's better than I did in this amount of time, and I was on the MetaSlim.

Sorry about the stress... I took (and am taking still) the corti-trim. I backed off to half after I hit goal, but had a big test for work, and bumped it back up, and that helped. If it helps, I've got some work stresses right now as well (and as a co-owner, I don't get to quit!). Also, get the daughter thing. I have a 19 yo who is leaving for college in 10 days (yeah!!! - did I say that???), and a 17 yo who is also driving me !

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #11  

Patzi,

Thanks! It was fun to go shopping. Haven't been in these sizes (4 or 6) in a LONG time. Except that I only spent 1/2 of what I had, because of the above mentioned daughters started bickering, and I finally couldn't stand it anymore. I'll go again without the older one, the younger was great help in picking out great outfits.

I'm interested in the turkey sausage & chicken recipe you posted, sounds good! About how much of the meats & tomatoes did you use? Did you use grape tomatoes or the small cluster tomatoes? I may pick some of the sausage and tomatoes up and try this for me & husband. Kids won't eat it...
Old 08-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
Patzi,

I'm interested in the turkey sausage & chicken recipe you posted, sounds good! About how much of the meats & tomatoes did you use? Did you use grape tomatoes or the small cluster tomatoes? I may pick some of the sausage and tomatoes up and try this for me & husband. Kids won't eat it...
I do not measure when I cook so will give approx. I only measure when I bake.
Turkey Sausage Patties.
ground turkey.. approx. 1 lb
no salt
2 tsp sage
1 tsp. fennel seeds
1 tsp thyme
black pepper and white pepper if you have it.
garlic powder, approx. 1/4 tsp.
1/8 tsp ground cloves.. Be exact on this as too much will ruin it.
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp. allspice.
ground ginger.. Sometimes I add 1/4 tsp. I don't always add.
splash of olive oil .

OPTIONAL... MY friend adds cayenne pepper, but I do not.

Combine all and mix well.. I usually refrigerate overnight to let meat asborb flavor of spices..
Form into patties and cook. Don't over cook.. Really important, as they will dry out.
I have my husband cook mine on grill or I cook in oven. Can panfry, choice is yours.. After cooking, I freeze them, and take out as I need . I like to cook until slight pink inside, as when I reheat, they will cook all the way.
Hope this all makes sense.
Will be back later with chicken recipe.

Patzi
Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #13  

MarleneV - thanks for the support

It will get better. It always does... Just one step at a time.

Weigh in tonight... wonder wonder wonder........... how did it go? am a pound and a half from 30 lbs total. I soooo hope I hit that 30 mark.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:22 AM   #14  

Lady, how'd it go? Hope you hit that 30!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #15  

I hit 30 I hit 30 I hit 30 I hit 30

woohooo!!!!

Am soooooooooo Happy, and my non-food reward, is I am taking tomorrow off for myself. A friend and I are going to the Iowa State Fair!!!