Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default No...I Didn't Drop Off The Face Of The Earth :)

Wow! So many new faces and I'm happy to see some familar ones. I'm glad you are all here because I think it's time for me to come back home to 3FC.

Last fall, I got the shingles, twice. That was bad enough and the steroids caused me to put some weight back on. This past February, it got a million times worse. My father very unexpectedly passed away. I have never experienced anything like that in my life and it has taken me a lot to come to grips with that. While dealing with it, MRC went completely out the window. Just when I thought I was ready to start back, I had to say goodbye to my 18 1/2 old cat. To top it off, we almost had to say goodbye to a second cat in the same week, but we have been nursing her back to health. It's been a lot.

I started back at MRC about a month ago. It's going well and I've lost about 10 pounds. To be honest, and most of you may find this bizarre, I have NO CLUE what I weigh right now. I haven't looked at my weight since February. And to be honest, I'm not willing to face that number knowing where I used to be. The counselors do not tell me what I weigh, only what I've lost. The jeans are getting baggy, so to me, that tells me I'm doing something right.

Anyway, I thought I would just check in because I always loved the support on this board. It's good to be back.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #2  

Welcome back, Jen....

So glad to hear from you. Wishing you the best on your journey.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #3  

Thanks, Patzi! You were always an incredible inspiration to me.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #4  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

How do you start back on MRC once you've lost the weight and been on maintenance? I've gained 8lbs and having a hard time losing it, but everytime I tell myself to go back to the green menu I want to throw up!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
How do you start back on MRC once you've lost the weight and been on maintenance? I've gained 8lbs and having a hard time losing it, but everytime I tell myself to go back to the green menu I want to throw up!
I completely understand! For me, the misery of being where I was at outweighed the misery of being back on the green menu. Then, I just had to get my mind right and just do it. On the flip side, I remember how happy I was in maintenance and being at goal that I'm working that much harder to get back there.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Okay... So I know this post is OLD but I just hopped back on! JenB72 - I just wanted to tell you "welcome back". I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and your cat. I can't imagine how awful that must be.

But, I also want to let you know that you are an inspiration to me. I always enjoyed reading your advice and posts.

I too am not on as much as I should be. I recently started being more strict with myself after being on maintenance for 6 months... I knew I was slipping when I went on vacation and gained 10 lbs. But I'm back and feeling better.... Struggling with balancing out my activity with eating enough...

Anyway, enough about me... I'm so happy to see you're back and look forward to coming back to 3FC myself!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #7  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachels77 View Post
Okay... So I know this post is OLD but I just hopped back on! JenB72 - I just wanted to tell you "welcome back". I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and your cat. I can't imagine how awful that must be.

But, I also want to let you know that you are an inspiration to me. I always enjoyed reading your advice and posts.

I too am not on as much as I should be. I recently started being more strict with myself after being on maintenance for 6 months... I knew I was slipping when I went on vacation and gained 10 lbs. But I'm back and feeling better.... Struggling with balancing out my activity with eating enough...

Anyway, enough about me... I'm so happy to see you're back and look forward to coming back to 3FC myself!
rachels77: welcome back, I can relate to what you are going thru, I was on maintenance for 6mos then got off track and I've gained 11 1/2 lbs, but i'm going back to my MRC center tomorrow and will weigh in and start back on the green menu and get back on track. Also to let you know we are all on the MRC October form site please join us there, we would love to hear from you.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachels77 View Post

Hey, Rachel!!!

Good to see you around and thanks for the kind words. It's great to be back. Hang in there! You can get those pounds off again.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:54 AM   #9  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi everybody!!!

Hi Jen, good to have you back!! A lot of things going on and I've gained 20 lbs!!! Mother in law passed away in July and lost my dad last month

New job which I love but its earlier hours so not walking in the am like I was.
Good news is my husbands new business is doing great and we rescued another little puppy .
Starting all over again and hope to be a "loser" soon!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #10  

BigDog!!!! Welcome back. I can totally understand what you are going through. One day at a time. Hugs and hang in there. We'll be losers again together.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #11  

Default MRC info

Hello Jenn,
I saw that you might be able to email me the plans for MRC as i have lost mine that i had when i lost 80 lbs on MRC a few years back. Have put all the weight back on. Can you email me the plans? ...system is telling me i can't post my email address until i have 25 posts. how can i get them if you have them?
Thanks
Kevin
KC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #12  
FROSTICE

S/C/G: 176lbs/165lbs/160lbs

Height: 5'10"

Default Hi Jen!

I'm new to this forum & you could say former fat guy. I'm doing the program again but only in support of my wife who is trying to trim back 50lbs. I've misplaced some of the instructions, meal plans, recipes and hope you're still able to share the PDF file via email as you did a few years back. Thanks Jen!
My e-mail address is rlharb at yahoo
frostice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #13  

Default PDF File

Hi Jen: I am hoping you still have the PDF file with the menu plans. It has been so long since I did this, the only menu plan I could find was my green one. I am hoping that they have added some items since I did this. It was the one diet that actually worked for me, and I would like to get back on it. My email is
imcsav at aol . Thanks Linda
ljohn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #14  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

For those of you that want the menus and program, go to emetabolic.com

Lots of info there regarding membership and locations of the centers available.
New Menus and New Plans! Great specials to join or rejoin. Legally we cannot share any of this information that we PAID for.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #15  

Default old Thread

I was trying to research some information On MRC and I found an old thread of your where you were able to email information on the meal plan and information package. I was wondering if you could email that information to me. I am having to post my email address in a weird way because I do not have a post count of 25 or more melanierogers14 at rocketmail.com
melanier is offline   Reply With Quote