Old 05-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Question about maintenance

Congrats to all of you who are on maintenance, I often look at your stats when I need encouragement!

My real worry when I am done is maintenance. How often do you visit your center and weigh in? I am going to be moving next fall, and although I will be able to keep visiting the center until I make goal it will get harder by next January. Right now I work out of town and they are letting me come in only once a week and stay in touch by phone or email for the second time a week. But the weeks I have been able to go in twice I have done better staying OP so I am really worried about this.

I really want to do at least the year of maintenance, as I don't want to go back again. Been there, done that with other plans. I just hate feeling like I have to do this all ever again.
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Also I think I read somewhere about someone switching to WW for maintenance? How would you do that? Go in for meetings when you are close to goal so you can lose enough to make lifetime?

I tried combining WW with another plan I was on, since I was doing it solo and I missed the celebrations for weight loss, I thought if I followed my plan and went in I could get the 5 lb. stickers, etc. They just got mad that I was losing too fast so I stopped going. I never could stick with their plan, I always ate too many carbs and I ended up crashing and burning and quitting, then signing up again, each time heavier than before. But it might make a food lifetime accountability plan for me.
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysocks View Post
Congrats to all of you who are on maintenance, I often look at your stats when I need encouragement!

My real worry when I am done is maintenance. How often do you visit your center and weigh in? I am going to be moving next fall, and although I will be able to keep visiting the center until I make goal it will get harder by next January. Right now I work out of town and they are letting me come in only once a week and stay in touch by phone or email for the second time a week. But the weeks I have been able to go in twice I have done better staying OP so I am really worried about this.

I really want to do at least the year of maintenance, as I don't want to go back again. Been there, done that with other plans. I just hate feeling like I have to do this all ever again.
I go in every other week.. If I am having a problem I go in every week. I need to go to keep on focus.. I have been doing that for going on 3 years and it works. However, my friend in Colorado goes in once a month.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote